A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,873
Currently Running With Scissors:
317 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magic Yarn Ball Swap Round 13 Gallery  (Read 24830 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
sarantha
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2010 11:08:02 PM »

Great stuff!

Me, I'm gutted. I got a tracking number, tracked the parcel that I sent to baa-me-chick a couple of days ago and saw that the conveyor belt sorting system at the sorting station apparently read "Holland" for "Schottland, Großbritannien", because why else should it apparentyl have turned up in the Netherlands and couldn't be delivered there? !!!!!!! I've filed a search request, talked to a hotline person, and now I'm keeping my fingers crossed that at some point an actual person is going to check my box and read the d**n address on it!!!! How am I to know that they'll turn Schottland (Scotland) into "Holland" with their blasted computerised system. I hate hate hate that this has happened.  Angry Angry Angry I hope it's just delayed. But it's been sitting in the netherlands for a week now! They told me on the hotline that I could still see whether it got moved with the tracking number. So far - same story. It's in the Netherlands.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hallo aus Deutschland! Hi from Germany!
I'm interested in personal swaps - and if you live in Europe, we could swap some fabrics - PM me!

http://www.wists.com/sarantha
bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2010 11:46:41 PM »

That sucks that the package got lost! but the ones that havent been lost are pretty awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
bexieboo
« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2010 10:09:55 AM »

Great stuff!

Me, I'm gutted. I got a tracking number, tracked the parcel that I sent to baa-me-chick a couple of days ago and saw that the conveyor belt sorting system at the sorting station apparently read "Holland" for "Schottland, Großbritannien", because why else should it apparentyl have turned up in the Netherlands and couldn't be delivered there? !!!!!!! I've filed a search request, talked to a hotline person, and now I'm keeping my fingers crossed that at some point an actual person is going to check my box and read the d**n address on it!!!! How am I to know that they'll turn Schottland (Scotland) into "Holland" with their blasted computerised system. I hate hate hate that this has happened.  Angry Angry Angry I hope it's just delayed. But it's been sitting in the netherlands for a week now! They told me on the hotline that I could still see whether it got moved with the tracking number. So far - same story. It's in the Netherlands.

I feel your pain, that really sucks. But, it's a really impressive way for the package to be misplaced, IMO Smiley

Awesome packages!! I love the pig one and the bicycle one! Everyone has such great themes!

Bubblegum, I noticed a couple of pages back that you said you sent your package to me....yay excitement! I'm winding up the ball tonight, so I'll get a box tomorrow and send to you on Wednesday Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jexxican
« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2010 01:55:46 PM »

Great stuff, as always.

I really want someone to start a comic strip or a cartoon or something called "Carnies v Yarnies." I don't know what it would be about per se but I really want to read it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
loudxmouse
Tutorial Contributor

five-star astro navigatrix

In a sweater poorly knit and an unsuspecting smile

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2010 03:59:13 PM »

okay. FINALLY posting pics of the AMAZING yarnball that karizmatic sent me. This was her 1st swap and I have to say.... she kicked some major booty.

let there be pics!!!

1st of all, this  ball was HUGE, expecially for being made of DK weight yarn. how did you fit all this stuff in there?!
the yarn is from elann and the pattern is for a lovely, lace shell.

THREE balls of yarn later I finally unearth a bag of twizzlers. *phew* I take a break and watch law and order at this point.

if I had only waited I could have used this owl sleepmask to take a nap instead! hahah

a new yarn and some hair things... hmmm

OMG! butterfly hairbands! these will be perfect for me because my hair is longer than I like it and my cafe gets SO warm so I have been trying to pull it back and yet AVOID the dreaded ponytail. SO perfect. plus the decorations unclip from the band.

sock monKEYs from my wist and two fabric headbands (did you make these? they are lovely and soft)

SPATS. holllllly crap. I will try to take a picture of myself wearing them without looking like a goober. they are epic!

gummies (omg, japanese gummy candy is amazing. I ate the entire bag of mangosteen ones on a road trip and left little evidence wrappers all over my fiance's car!), union jack cup-cozy (i kept trying to figure out what body part this was for.... durrr) birdy headband! you can see here ow the embellishment is clipped to the headband so as to be multi-purpose clip/headband. GENIUS. copyright this right now kariz

MORE headband, MORE gummies!!!

in the very center was a very rattly little container full of some brittishy buttons and some lovely resin charm/pendants! yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | sts WINTER Marketpinterest
Caught hexi-puff fever? PM to personal swap for sock weight yarn.
Would love to personal swap for MYB or spinning stuff too
karizmatic
« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2010 05:59:31 PM »

so glad the package made it! (and i'm glad you liked the mangosteen gummies - thought i'd sneak in a less common flavor in your gummy stash Smiley alas, i did NOT craft those fabric headbands - actually bought them at one of those vendors at camden lock (hair AND british double-themed!).

i did make the spats (i used colors from the spats you wisted for inspiration - i would LOVE to see a pic on you!), the headband clips (and i'm sorry - it looks like the butterflies got shmushed! i was worried that might happened and tried my best to pad it during the raveling, but looks like it happened anyway), the cup cozy (that was my third attempt at cutting out the shapes for the 3 layers of color) and the eye mask.

thanks again for letting me stalk you, the great craft mentorship, and for being a good craft inspiration with your web presence (i will surely work on mine for my next swap:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.karizmatic.com
nerd. serial hobbyist. militant friendly.
Slingmomma
Crafty Esthetician!

Accessory hoarder.... scarves beware!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2010 05:30:25 PM »

Another awesome Yarn ball! So many fun goodies inside! That owl sleep mask is really cute and an awesome idea!

I received my lovely Yarn Ball today from Jexxican!! OMG I seriously love everything that she included! She chose my Spring theme which actually meant that she could add in my frog and daisy theme into it!

This what I saw when I opened the box:

The lovely white handspun is for me to dye, the roving to learn to spin and the yummy handspun yarn as a treat! (She posted the yarn on Fiber Friday a little while ago and I told her that I loved it and would gladly take it Wink )

The lovely yarn ball! Definitely very Springy!!

This is just before reaching the center...

The lovely fibery goodness! The yarn she sent is super super soft, then the very pretty "Windflower" roving that I can't wait to learn how to spin into pretty yarn! I think all the yarn/fiber together even has a spring feeling! *in love" lol

The crafted goods! 3 daisy pens, they kind of got popped off on the tops but I have some floral tape to fix 'em! Some crochet flower hair clips, a crochet daisy headband and an awesome crochet frog!

The purchased goodies! Some spring themed foam stickers and ribbon (also fits in with my crafting theme) some cute little froggies and some flower shaped silicone cupcake cups! We make a lot of cupcakes so these will be used a lot!!

And because I am SOOOOOOO very excited about this item, it gets its own picture:

My first ever drop spindle! I am so incredibly excited to start spinning! I can't wait to *hopefully* make beautiful yarn like you one day!

And here are the awesome patterns:

Some cabled wrist warmers, and 2 lovely bags! I'm in love with the hobo one and the boucle bag looks like an awesome pattern too!!

Thank you so much Jexxican! I'm supposed to be making stuff for my sisters wedding tonight but it will be so hard not to search all over the web for spinning tutes! I hope you enjoy your yarn ball as much as I love mine!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A Spinners Magic Yarn ball! Join us!
Fat Quarter swap-almost done craft for sloth003 Cheesy
IYP 17-deadbathducky waiting still to receive!
Sew/Yarn v's Paper-got my partners!
karizmatic
« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2010 06:55:25 PM »

ooohhh! i love those frogs! where did you get them in THOSE colors, Jexxican? i love how bright they are - i only ever find them in the variations of green and orange.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.karizmatic.com
nerd. serial hobbyist. militant friendly.
tar3820
Geek gone knitty

Drive from ocean to ocean. Then you'll understand.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2010 07:02:00 PM »

That is a great package! I remember how excited i was to receive my first drop spindle.

Psst.. I made a spinning tutorial for the DIY Swap.. http://thinkcraftythoughts.blogspot.com/p/drop-spindle-tutorial-for-mlsocci74.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just your average knitting whore.
Think Crafty Thoughts
bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2010 10:35:47 PM »

Everyones themes are awesome
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside
Meal Prep Monday: Autumn Vegetable Tian

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...