A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,880
Currently Running With Scissors:
354 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magic Yarn Ball Swap Round 13 Gallery  (Read 24838 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2010 09:51:38 PM »

I also love that bag!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
tar3820
Geek gone knitty

Drive from ocean to ocean. Then you'll understand.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2010 10:54:51 PM »

Star Felted Bag

L-O-V-E that bag!!! I want one now... (as if I didn't already have enough bags Roll Eyes)!

Do you also have a bag addiction?.. Cause I know I do.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010 12:08:52 AM by lapoli - Reason: please don't quote images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just your average knitting whore.
Think Crafty Thoughts
karizmatic
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2010 11:05:28 PM »

OH, MY! GOODIES!!! I AM OVERWHELMED! 'just received my package and I actually managed to take pictures! It took me at least 1.5 hours to turn this...

into this...

!!!
This being my first Craftster swap and my second EVER swap (my only other swap before this was with Thing-A-Day - since we were swapping things we were already making for the sprint, we didn't really need to know our swap partner), I know it was a challenge to figure me out, but loudxmouse - SPOT ON! i love everthing in this package... thanks for bringing me christmas in May (my husband said, "it's like christmas, isn't it?")! (now i just hope you like what's in yours!)

onto the goods (sorry about all the pics! how else was i going to show you everything?) loudxmouse sent me a bike-themed yarn ball with a WHOLE LOTTA extras (and i can see where all your ideas came from!) and everything I need to make this awesome bike bag! (i'll be riding again starting next week and would love to be sporting this bag with me sometime soon!)

a bike-themed shirt, shoelaces (that i may not wear biking - too pretty and would get muddy in a hurry!) and the handles for my new bag (perfect for putting on the rack and then using it as a regular purse!)

supplies! knitting needles, stitch counter, stitch markers, decorative buttons, yarn spools (i use these a lot and these are much cuter than the ones i have), pink ribbon trim, and doll eyes (you must have seen the animals on my blog?!)

stitch markers (see the bike charm?!), and wooden gift tags - these are adorable!

rub-on letter transfers and raised stickers in my initial (and, incidentally, my daughter's initial, too, so i will need to hide these when she comes to visit)

super cute magnets (i saw you sneak a robot in there!)

a post-long bike ride first aid/spa kit, bag included(it's hidden), complete with a cupcake-shaped band aid (sorry, i didn't want to take it out of the package for the picture, but trust me, it's super cute)

post bike-ride-cleanup dazzlers: body spray, body sparkle, gems and beads (final sparkle function TBD Smiley

finally, some relaxessories (accessories for when i'm relaxing after cleaning myself up:) a steampunk ring, hand-spun necklace, bracelet and ANOTHER bike charm on a chain (I didn't realize how much I would, but I REALLY LOVE THE BIKE CHARMS)

THANKS AGAIN LOUDXMOUSE for being a great swap partner/mentor!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010 10:04:15 AM by karizmatic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.karizmatic.com
nerd. serial hobbyist. militant friendly.
karizmatic
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2010 11:08:42 PM »

oops! forgot to mention the hot chocolate in the last pic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.karizmatic.com
tar3820
Geek gone knitty

Drive from ocean to ocean. Then you'll understand.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2010 11:40:37 PM »

Holy cow you were spoiled! And zomg I love mate hot chocolate..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just your average knitting whore.
Think Crafty Thoughts
bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2010 12:47:13 AM »

awesome haul!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
Geniale
Formerly known as Burgz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2010 09:30:51 AM »

L-O-V-E that bag!!! I want one now... (as if I didn't already have enough bags Roll Eyes)!

Do you also have a bag addiction?.. Cause I know I do.

Addiction you say??? I have trouble getting rid of plastic grocery bags...

Talking about bags... karizmatic, you are going to have the coolest bicycle bag around!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Each one of us has a fire in our heart for something. Its our goal in life to find it and to keep it lit. " - Mary Lou Retton
karizmatic
« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2010 10:54:32 AM »

another oops! last night, i had to open this stuff in a hurry and go to bed early to take my husband to the airport at 4AM, so this morning, i went through it again to give myself more time to admire it and i realized that the bike-themed shirt is not actually shirt (anymore), but a bag! i was actually looking at it thinking i might turn it into a bag and when i picked it up to give it a closer look, i realized it already was! HAHAHA! loudxmouse - i think you read my mind before i even thought about it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.karizmatic.com
Ffrogg526
Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2010 12:48:28 PM »

That's an awesome yarnball!  I love the initial rub-ons....  I wonder if I can find some with an R on them.   Huh

sarahj - I'm glad you like everything.  I tried to come up with lots of pink goodness.  It was hard for me.   Wink  But I believe I acheived success!  And I'm glad the flamingo box made it to you.  When I was packing it I was so afraid that the flamingo head was going to break off during shipping.  But thankfully it got to you in one piece.  Cheesy

For anyone that'd like to try the bag, it was in sarahj's wist and I got the pattern from Cut out + Keep.  Here's the link http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/youre_a_star_tool_bag.  The pattern called for the handle to be 5 stitches wide and that reall didn't seem wide enough for me so I made it 10 stitches wide.  I also made it just a touch longer than the pattern says to make it.  Making that bag was also the first time I'd ever felted anything...  Technically I think fulled would be the right word but...  whichever.  I"m just happy it worked!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2010 03:50:54 PM »

Here are the fab & thoughtful items that Bexxer gave me Grin.....
(So I don't overwhelm with pics, please click smaller pics for a larger view)

Pattern: Naturally Wavy Scarf
Yarn: Blue & Silver Vanna's Choice

Here is the box before unpacking.

I received 2 MYBs, one themed & one miscellaneous.
Here are my MYBs before unwrapping.

My Theme MYB: Harry Potter
Items Within: Leaky Cauldron Plaque, Hogwarts Woodburn Box with Professor Umbridge Bow & Necklace inside, Harry Potter Decorated Candle, Golden Snitch Bookmark, Golden Mermaid Egg filled with Hogwart House Snitch Markers, Gryffindor & Slytherin Mug Cozies, Crocheted Hogwart House Throw Pillowcase, Messenger Owl (YAY! I've been accepted to Hogwarts!), Bertie Bott Bean Charms, Honeydukes Lollipop Charms, and Professor Umbridge's Kitten Calendar

Misc. MYB
Items Within: Sweater Clutch with Kanzashi Pin, Chocolate Treats, Black & Teal Yo-Yo Bookmark, Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans, Crocheted Flower Necklace, Pineapple Tea, Recipe Cards, Teardrop Necklace & Earrings, Birdie Notecards, Tea Wallet, Yarn Ball Bracelet, Flower Bath Pouf, Homemade Coffee Infused Bath Salt Scrub

Shocked Why YES, I was spoiled! Grin
Kiss THANK YOU SO MUCH BEXXER! Kiss 
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010 03:53:21 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...