A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: The December Craft Challenge has been announced. Read all of the details here and get to crafting!
Total Members: 314,939
Currently Running With Scissors:
327 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: watch as the fish drama unfolds *now with better pics!!*  (Read 5814 times)
Tags for this thread: fish  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

SuzukiBeane33
« on: May 04, 2005 09:37:56 PM »

Ok, so I've recently developed a thing for dioramas/ curio cabinets/ found objects.  Basically I have always loved miniature things.  Anyway, here is the most recent thing that I made, my roommate and I have great fun coming up with things that my little fishies are saying.

In case you can't tell, the fish on the right is in an airplane (he's wearing one of those cool Amelia Earheart caps and goggles!).

And a close-up:

p.s. the star propellor really spins! 
p.p.s. I can't wait until I get photoshop and can actually put some good pictures on here.  This really looks much better in person!
*Edited: Yay for figuring out how to get up better pics!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005 09:38:40 PM by Thumbelina » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I am invisible, he thinks often.  And Exempt.  Immunity has been granted to me, for I do not lose my cool.  Polarity is selected at will, for I am not ionized and I possess not valence."
-Richard Farina, "Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up to Me"

www.baltimorediy.blogspot.com
TheBrutalBamf

Friendly mushroom! Mushy giant friend!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005 10:38:19 AM »

That right there... is special.  I'll tell you right now that it would bring me hours of amusement.  You should try making a slot at the top, the entire length of the diorama, and putting in different random backrounds for the fish to talk about.  You could have a general diorama box that you could change randomly at will.
Kinda like a puppet show... only not... (Did that make sense...?  I thought not.)  It looks like fun, anyway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JaneGtar
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005 01:34:32 PM »

haha... I love that title "wash as the fish drama unfolds"

you are funny  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i <3 j... and penguins!

my spot on the web: http://www.geocites.com/penguininthesun
SuzukiBeane33
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005 07:07:40 PM »

TBB: I'm taking you into my little elf scene shop.  Me likes!

Jane G.: Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I am invisible, he thinks often.  And Exempt.  Immunity has been granted to me, for I do not lose my cool.  Polarity is selected at will, for I am not ionized and I possess not valence."

aeillill

blood hungry cannibalistic unfit family ties

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005 10:24:06 PM »

recently I've developed an interest in dioramas, I wanna make a dinosaur one with them all fleeing from a meteor. 

For some odd reason though, whenever I tell people about this, they look at me like I have 15 heads
THIS ROCKS   Logged

laden autumn, here I stand
SuzukiBeane33
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005 08:48:34 AM »

Yeah, the same thing happens here.  I actually think there's a ton of artistic merit in them; they're really just 3-D collages.  It's kind of like the "hipslinger" vs. "fanny-pack"- I bet if we say "3-D mixed media art" instead of "diorama," people will fall in love. 

Definitely make it and post, I already have some cool ideas for one based on the myth of Leda and the swan.  I got my inspiration to work on these from the shoebox art galleries here: http://www.zymoglyphic.org/galleries.html

THIS ROCKS   Logged

aeillill

blood hungry cannibalistic unfit family ties

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2005 09:25:01 AM »

Yeah, the same thing happens here.  I actually think there's a ton of artistic merit in them; they're really just 3-D collages.  It's kind of like the "hipslinger" vs. "fanny-pack"- I bet if we say "3-D mixed media art" instead of "diorama," people will fall in love. 

Definitely make it and post, I already have some cool ideas for one based on the myth of Leda and the swan.  I got my inspiration to work on these from the shoebox art galleries here: http://www.zymoglyphic.org/galleries.html

You know, I bet you're right with the whole 3-d mixed media thing, I'm gonna have to start calling them that instead.  NOw all I have to do is go out and buy my mini dinos
THIS ROCKS   Logged

laden autumn, here I stand
runwithgumby
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2005 05:48:54 PM »

I was thinking that it would be really neat if you made a sceen inside a covered box and then just had a little peep-hole to look in.  If you make this...   I want to see pictures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JaneGtar
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2005 10:24:10 AM »

I'll try to make a "3D thingy" too, haha.

Although I remember not being too great at these  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i <3 j... and penguins!

my spot on the web: http://www.geocites.com/penguininthesun
C4R0L1N4
Tofu ga suki desu!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2005 07:44:18 AM »

Dude! Diorama Nostalgia!!! I love them and i haven't done one since... ages!!!

I remember, in eighth grade we had to make a diorama for different ecosystems, the thing was, it wasn't an open box diarama like the kind i was used to, but it was better, we closed the box and but a clear plastic like cellophane square on top and a peep hole on the side... the plastic "window" let light in so when you looked through the hole you could see everything, it was really neat and i liked looking at everyone else's stuff, it's like looking at a picture but 3D... i think i might do this again....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Mondrian Inspired Tri-Shudder Card
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Fancy Cape
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Tea Wallet

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...