A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
225 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: vynal records  (Read 5593 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
brittknee
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2005 02:07:22 PM »

thrift stores usually have them very cheap
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ruis2002
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2005 06:14:27 AM »

I collect vintage middle eastern/bellydance music on vinyl records. They are pretty hard to find (at least, where I live). So please, if you find one,let me know before you melt it down!!!! I might want to purchase it from you (I can't offer much money; I am not a dealer; I just hate for these gems of music to be destroyed; many times, the fundamentalist regimes in the middle east are so anti-popular-music, that much of the popular music of years ago is no longer available in those countries; please consider that you are doing a service to posterity by helping to  preserving the cultural heritage of nations threatened by religious fundamentalism.....)

thank you....

[email protected]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
disguisedasarussiancadet
DisguisedAsARussianCadet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2006 06:56:43 PM »

I did a record wall in my room 2 years ago and I got all 80 records for around $8.  Goodwill isn't your best bet, they are almost always $1 which is way too much if you need close to 100 records, but sometimes they let multi-record sets slip by for $1 and that's a good deal, but I went there at least once every other week or so for a few months and only got 1 10-record set for $2. I got most of mine from an estate sale, granted they are mostly Lawrence Welk and Roger Williams, but I didn't really care.  Estate sales are a good bet because people usually just want to get rid of stuff so they are cheap and there are A LOT of records to be had.  Also, if you must go to a thrift store, the salvation army thrift store in my town had them for $.10 each when I started, but now they are up to $.25, so you might try that.  It takes some time, but you can get all the records you need for really cheap.  Good luck
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jamiewatchthestars

domUNIQUE and I

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2006 08:35:11 AM »

i have hundreds at my house.  to get them, i just asked around with my grandparent's friends and my neighbors.  people keep dropping boxes off on my porch.

seriously, the older generation is an untapped gold mine of great free stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepishxlion
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2007 03:46:24 PM »

If your going to check thrift stores, check out church ones. They usually sell stuff cheaper than chain ones (think goodwill, salvation army, value thift, S.P.C.A.) and a lot of church thirft stores doen't charge tax on their items.

Another great place is flea-markets. Their is a guy at the one I go to where I'll pick out albums I want not for crafting but just want and be like, "I have 10 bucks" and it'll be Johnny Cash, Blondie, stuff like that and he'll be like "ok". You can really make deals at a flea-market.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please visit my shop: sheepishxlion.etsy.com
craftygalinstl
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007 12:48:50 AM »

I recently did a craft project for 600 people at a local girl scout camp. I put out the word among friends and other scout leaders, and before I knew it, I had over 1000 records to work with, all donated. We painted them, drilled holes in them, made picture frames, melted them into bowls, and the moms had a whole lot of fun looking at the old albums.  The girls were calling them "big CD's".  One girl said "Mom...these have SONGS on them."  It didn't dawn on me that these girls wouldn't know what they were, because, frankly, I am not THAT old Smiley

Goodwill was charging $1 each, thrift stores 50 cents.  Ask around, you can get them for free from people that are the same age as your parents.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Prettyinpunk

Ooooh....swedishness.....0_o

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2007 02:09:27 AM »

I do work at a charity shop as part of a volunteer programme, and though lots get donated hardly anyone wants them - I've rescued a few from getting thrown away, but if the shop isn't going to make any money out of them, you may as well ask about them - maybe just dirt-cheap rather than free Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
barbolot
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2007 12:43:17 PM »

Try Freecycle-  I posted on mine and got tons of replies!

I saw this post a couple of weeks ago, so I tried it -- IT WORKED!  Thanks to you, I now have tons of records, and I got some cool paperbacks to make into wallets!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...