A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,615
Currently Running With Scissors:
167 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ive Been Sewing  (Read 1696 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
daludestar
« on: March 24, 2010 05:25:10 PM »

Quick history: I received my singer sewing machine with the intent to sew about 7 years ago. A LOT of time passed and after few projects I have finally acquired the true desire.

So I've been wandering this site for a while now and am finally going to post some things I've done. Mostly squares, but hey, I've been sewing! I'm going to try my hand at clothing this weekend with some clearance linen from JoAnns and hopefully I'll have some new capris to post Monday.....

Anyway, the gray curtains were sewn a year ago when we were redecorating and the black curtains were finished 2 weeks ago for our bedroom. The chair covers were my first real project that was more than just four seams. I'm sew proud of them;) THe laptop sleeve was a mix from my own design combined with the one listed in the book 'One Yard Wonder.' Please enjoy. C&C welcome for sure!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Some_Girl
If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library. ~ Frank Zappa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010 07:19:17 PM »

Love the fabrics you've chosen! Everything looks great!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sum1smuma
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010 07:25:44 PM »

You have been sewing! Very busy sewing I see. I love the great fabrics you chose. The black and white graphic is so striking, it may be my favourite. Are those curtains? so fun!
I can relate to the new sewing machine that takes years to break in.
It took me at least 7 0r 8 so you are doing fine. Wink I had to learn not to floor that gas pedal! Well here is to happy sewing adventures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ya just can't stop a crafty girl!
daludestar
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010 06:42:12 AM »

Thanks! All the fabrics (except the laptop sleeve at the bottom) are from IKEA. Can you tell we love that place?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Some_Girl
If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library. ~ Frank Zappa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010 01:37:44 PM »

Gah!!! I so wish there was an Ikea near here! I ogle there website with fond desires but alas they are not in my province! Sniff
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dzyn
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010 03:01:11 AM »

I love it!

Funnily enough I have 6m of the grey and white ikea fabric ready to be made into roman shades for my lounge room! And I'm getting some more fabric from ikea next time I'm in the city to upholster my old lounge suite I thrifted.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Fruit Pizza
@Home This Weekend: Dish Soap Apron
Tute Tuesday: Daisy Purse

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...