A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is super awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 314,116
Currently Running With Scissors:
202 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Nee'Lahn The Tree Nymph  (Read 5062 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

woodland_faerie
craftie Woodland faerie

Sewing feral faerie creature TEXTURE YUM

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010 02:03:13 PM »

another amazing feat by alwaysinspired girl you gots it goin on btw it rocks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Watch out for toadstool rings!
www.wists.com/woodland_faerie
I love personal swaps we can do one with faerie clothing just ask! I've got a vintage fabric for trade
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010 03:35:13 PM »

Thanks everyone! She was so much fun to make. I love making them. The next one is already cut out and ready to go. It is one that I am so excited to make too, but the identity will stay hidden! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

msassive stroke March 18 not right in the head.:(

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2010 08:38:35 PM »

This is one of my favorite poppets ever. She just really is 'completely inspired'.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
jan_on_ice

oh how i wish i was a fish...

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2010 09:20:57 PM »

Love the toadstool shoes!!!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

***Truly Outrageous!!***
craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2010 09:26:00 AM »

All of the details are wonderful! The first thing I noticed was the mushrooms on her shoes, but I'm glad that you spotlighted all of the other details. The bird's nest in her hair is a really cute idea and the bird she is holding is fantastic. You know I just go crazy over birds! I like the acorn vine necklace too. Now about those eyes; it looks to me like you may have pressed some safety eyes into a ball of clay. If you did, that's a great idea! It gives the look of the more expensive glass eyes! You keep getting better AI!
Have you thought about trying some other doll patterns? I am currently testing a pattern for Colleen Babcock. I love her designs. Check out her blog:
http://www.themagicbean.typepad.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010 03:38:48 PM »

All of the details are wonderful! The first thing I noticed was the mushrooms on her shoes, but I'm glad that you spotlighted all of the other details. The bird's nest in her hair is a really cute idea and the bird she is holding is fantastic. You know I just go crazy over birds! I like the acorn vine necklace too. Now about those eyes; it looks to me like you may have pressed some safety eyes into a ball of clay. If you did, that's a great idea! It gives the look of the more expensive glass eyes! You keep getting better AI!
Have you thought about trying some other doll patterns? I am currently testing a pattern for Colleen Babcock. I love her designs. Check out her blog:
http://www.themagicbean.typepad.com/
Thanks Crafte. I posted a tute for how I do my eyes. Sorry I don't have the link right now, but it is on the poppet along board and posted in the dolls and toys thread.
I have made a few dolls from other patterns. I have a stack of patterns sitting her I want to try. I've also drafted a lot of my own patterns for some prim dolls.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hushgirl
Midnight Crafter

http://www.pinterest.com/hushgirl/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010 05:26:43 PM »

She is beautiful! I especially love her hair, I don't know why specifically, because she has sooooo many great details.....think I'm gonna wist her... OH & "this rocks" too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anne11
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2010 04:54:45 AM »

wow.....she's so beautiful , everything that i would imagine a tree nymph would be. her hair and her dress are so totally awesome. i love seeing your poppets, you so rock!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Im Sew Silly
If you're crafty and ya know it, clap your hands....

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2010 10:07:39 AM »

i saw her on the IYP board and as mentioned.....she is just wonderful! Grin You did such an amazing job on her...every detail! Onegroovyday is one lucky gal!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Exodus 35:35 (NIV)~ He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as engravers, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple, and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers - all of them skilled workers and designers

Current Swaps:
Poppet vs Amigurumi
Scribble Dolls
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010 12:33:04 PM »

Ohh, I adore her! You did such a wonderful job...and all of the creative details make her even better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Flower Crown
Tiny House
Meatless Monday: Vegetarian Breakfast Taco

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...