A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,840
Currently Running With Scissors:
222 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Light Bamboo Hoodie  (Read 1539 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Mod
« on: March 02, 2010 09:09:41 PM »

Hi. This is my first post. Have been lurking since the summer. Excited to post the new hoodie I made.  I think this is my fifth completed project. Based the basic design off of a hoodie I had and made some significant modifications. Overall, I like how it turned out. I had some shoulder issues and spent at least 15 hours trying to fix them. They are almost normal (I have a tendency to sew first, ask questions laterfor better or worse).

Both the sleeves and the main body are longer than normal in an attempt to create some bunching and texture. The two ends of the hood overlapalso an attempt to create texture. The overlapping hood is my favourite part.  

The material is bamboo. Fantastic material. Light, warm, and very soft.

Overall, this project pretty much turned out how I envisioned which is great. Always wanted a light hoodie and now I have one.

Photos:

Thanks. This is a great network!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010 10:03:43 PM by Mod - Reason: Added Pics » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Stars_Fire_17
Drop the Yarn and no one gets hurt!

Kitten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010 03:27:56 AM »

Very cool.  it looks nice and light weight.  I bet its comfy Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kit

"Stars, hide your fires, Let not light see my black and deep desires"
Mrs Cosmopilite
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010 10:39:56 AM »

Nice. I especially like the shape of the hood.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TeenageRebelOfTheWeek
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010 11:53:44 AM »

Bamboo fabric is ALWAYS a good way to go, especially with a hoodie! I like, I like. Smiley Good stuff! -x-
THIS ROCKS   Logged

That's all there is and there ain't no more....
I craft, therefore I am.

My band: www.lechatnoir.org.uk
My work: www.outerlimitz.net
zowiewoahie

But it's my BIRTHDAY tomorrow!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010 05:34:35 PM »

This is terribly sexy. Bamboo is such an amazing textile, it lends a great drape and texture to the hoodie. My husband is a big fan of bamboo tee shirts, I never though to make it into a light hoodie! I may have to steal this idea and make him one. Great job! Keep posting, we don't have enough boys around here. You can help be a strong counterweight to the cupcake skirts! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lets all go to Jack Taylor's to celebrate!
Mod
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010 08:59:40 PM »

Thanks everyone.

Rebel and Zowie (or anyone else), do you know of a good place to buy bamboo fabric online (Sorry if this isnt the place to post this question)? I got this fabric when I was in San Fran on a road trip, but I cant really drive 20 hours every time I have a hankering for bamboo.

Rebel: I just saw your Gnome dress, its awesome! I went to the website you purchased that fabric at (fantastic). I may try to get Bamboo through them.

Zowie: I hope to continue sewingwill try to add some Y chromosome. Oh, and please make a bamboo hoodie for your partner. He will love it! The bamboo was great to work with; I just had to give some slack in key places and the bamboo did the rest.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zowiewoahie

But it's my BIRTHDAY tomorrow!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010 10:14:07 AM »

Alas! I can't help you with finding fabric. I live 30 minutes from LA, so all my supplies come from the garment district. If you are out there, you have to take advantage of the prices!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lets all go to Jack Taylor's to celebrate!
TeenageRebelOfTheWeek
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010 01:54:18 AM »

@ Mod - founda  few places online that supply different colours of bamboo fabric :http://www.bamboo-textiles.co.uk/, http://www.wellcultivated.co.uk....but found one in the states that might be a bit better for you - http://www.bamboofabricstore.com Hope that helps!!
@ zowie: SWEET - I'm originally from Los Angeles, so I know the Garment District very well! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

That's all there is and there ain't no more....
I craft, therefore I am.

My band: www.lechatnoir.org.uk
My work: www.outerlimitz.net
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upgrade Your Kitchen
Tute Tuesday: Caramel Candied Apple Salt Scrub
DIY Halloween Costumes

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...