A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
188 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beer versus Cider  (Read 1455 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
samigurumi
The keeper of the Jam

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 09, 2010 08:16:41 AM »

I finally finished another of my music videos for one of my songs.  The response to the kitkat song was so giant that it really made me think about some ideas for some of my songs.  This one is about the great battle of beer versus cider.  I used to be a cider drinker before I met my husband but he converted me to real ale and thats what this comedy song is all about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRQArLO4ZEU

All the beers in this video are ones i've tried.  I'm not an alcoholic honest, just a proud member of CAMRA (which is the Campaign for Real Ale) and there are soo many beers out there that I havent tried, its almost like pokemon, you gotta catch them all.  The song isnt as catchy as the kitkat song, but its still one of my faves and always gets a laugh at gigs I play it at.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Its only when the power of love, overcomes the love for power, will the world know peace.
My Wists
My facebook music fan page

I'm always up for a swap
froggie0424
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010 09:10:30 AM »

But, cider is soooooooooooooo tasty!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Le Mieux
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010 02:22:34 AM »

i too am a cider gurl 4 lyf  Cheesy

however, having a dad as a CAMRA diehard, i too appreciate the finer real ales. and i loves me a bit of fursty ferret as i have 2 of my own  Smiley and the honeydew - i recommend any beer newb to start on that, as its SO refreshing and sweet!

anyway great song again! i gotta say, your lyrics mean so much more to me than most of the pop songs out there today  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people

http://www.wists.com/harbles
http://miss-chlo.blogspot.com

UK Swap - sent!
Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010 03:44:30 AM »

So cute! I love that you featured Hobgoblin & Wychwood, my favourite beer and brewery! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

samigurumi
The keeper of the Jam

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010 09:21:23 AM »

Le Mieux, thankyou, that is a really sweet thing for you to say about my lyrics, it really made me blush.  My local pub is a fullers pub so they often have chilled honeydew for sale, its one of my faves for when I feel like something refreshing.  And the wychwood brewery isnt very far from where I live, infact for christmas my in-laws got me and my husband a wychwood brewery tour, which is going to be great fun.
Hobgoblin is one of my most favourite ales too and I actually really love adnams broadside too.  Oh theres just so many, I have a bit of a thing for lists so if I see a beer I havent tried I have to try it.
Theres a real ale/music festival that I go to every year called glastonwick (64 real ales) thats always a fantastic weekend, and then of course theres the great british beer festival that I went to for the first time last year. 
I like seeing all the artwork on the bottles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Its only when the power of love, overcomes the love for power, will the world know peace.
My Wists
My facebook music fan page

I'm always up for a swap
uropygid
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010 01:17:43 PM »

I used to prefer cider (and cocktails for that matter) years ago, but they're all wayyyyy too sweet for me. I'm a total beer (and whisky) man now! I'm pleased I recognize quite a few of the bottles in that video (the banana bread is one of my favourites). Love the song too, I'm a huge fan of filk, plus it's catchy and I like your voice.

Have you heard the song "I like beer" by Tom T. Hall? I think your man at least would enjoy it  Wink
I don't know if you can get Rogue ales in the UK, but if you do, try them! They have some crazy brews like chipotle, smoked (yes, smoked beer!!), and chocolate... my favourite is the Mom's blend  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Max

live in the MN metro? I'm always up for craft meets!
LimeRiot
Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010 08:13:13 PM »

I'm not a beer or cider drinker but I adore your song Smiley. Thank you for sharing...it brought a smile to my face.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

steenface
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010 11:47:15 AM »

I'm a big fan of beer! There is a little hole-in-the-wall place here called Redlight Redlight that is apparently gaining some fame. It's a bar that serves mostly craft/import beers; you won't find "regular" beers like Budweiser or Sam Adams. They get rare kegs on occasion and are constantly adding new things. I've discovered many great beers there! They also have a selection of ciders, including a yummy pear one I tried last time. I love getting to try new things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...