A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,886
Currently Running With Scissors:
285 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I <3 to sew Round 3 Send Outs 3/22/10  (Read 34524 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
imafundork
« Reply #120 on: March 04, 2010 02:27:13 PM »

I went to one of the local quilt shops today to get fabric and was really annoyed.  The ladies working didn't pay any attention to me (not even a hello) the entire time I was there (over thirty mins.), but they didn't have a problem chatting with anyone else who came into the store.  I hate how because I'm young (and look even younger than I am) that they don't think I deserve any attention.  Argghhhh...and I still spent over $50 there getting things for my partner and myself. I hated giving them my money, but there really is no where else locally to get the fabric I wanted.  Sorry for the rant, I'm just frustrated!  Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Wistful Thinking
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
TheSapphireMoon
It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #121 on: March 04, 2010 02:31:58 PM »

Did you go to Susie Q's or the Hangout?  Those are the only 2 I know of around here, and NEITHER ONE of those stores has greeted me when I came in  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥ Zoe ♥

STS Spring Market 2019
PINTEREST
Will personal swap for a crochet or knitted Totoro teapot cozy (see my Pinterest YARN board!)
imafundork
« Reply #122 on: March 04, 2010 02:42:53 PM »

Did you go to Susie Q's or the Hangout?  Those are the only 2 I know of around here, and NEITHER ONE of those stores has greeted me when I came in  Undecided
Quilt Lover's Hangout.  I don't even know where Susie Q's is.  I like Three Crafty Ladies on Sanibel. They're always nice to me, but they don't have as big of a selection.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Wistful Thinking
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: March 04, 2010 03:59:55 PM »

Quilt Lover's Hangout.  I don't even know where Susie Q's is.  I like Three Crafty Ladies on Sanibel. They're always nice to me, but they don't have as big of a selection.

I think the people who work at Quilt Lovers Hangout only talk to the people who "hangout" there.... and yeah it does suck because its one of the only places to go to get fabric that isnt just Joanns fabric....

and I like Crafty Ladies too.... do they have more since they switched locations?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

margiej
« Reply #124 on: March 04, 2010 04:06:06 PM »

I don't blame you one bit...I'd hate being treated that way too.  Especially when you made a substantial purchase.  Oh well, you're probably younger and prettier than those old biddies!   P.S.  I am very impressed that so many Craftsters are young, and so dedicated to crafting and sewing.  People in my age bracket seem to be sitting back and saying "Oh I don't HAVE to sew anymore, I used to when the kids were little...(etc)"  Yay to all young Craftsters, and don't let their rude behaviour get to you. 
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010 04:15:46 PM by margiej - Reason: add more thoughts » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
TheSapphireMoon
It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #125 on: March 04, 2010 04:31:27 PM »

Susie Q's Quilt Shop is in the Weaver's Corner shopping center at the corner of Old 41 and Bayshore.  It's the shopping center in N Ft Myers with one of the last surviving Winn Dixie's in the area.  Take Fowler over the river on that newer no-pay bridge, that turns into Old 41, then turn into the shopping center on your right after you go straight through the Bayshore intersection.  Pretty nice selection of Asian print fabrics, nice batiks, and a few Amy Butler prints.  They have a big industrial quilting machine with a window you can look through and watch it go!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥ Zoe ♥

STS Spring Market 2019
PINTEREST
Will personal swap for a crochet or knitted Totoro teapot cozy (see my Pinterest YARN board!)
MommyTheMaid
« Reply #126 on: March 04, 2010 07:26:51 PM »

Sorry for being absent.  We've had a bit of a tummy bug.  Everyone has really stepped up and answered questions for each other and I really appreciate it. 

I am so sorry you got treated bad imafundork!!  I've noticed that even in JoAnn's unless I have one my tennis shoes and work out clothes, I get treated different.  I have to have normal make up and cover up my tats to even be glanced at. 

Although, I know more about sewing and most other crafts than even the manager in that store. Roll Eyes  One gal didn't even know what the difference between a sewing machine and a serger was...and she was working in that department and the cut table.  *sigh*

I have set out fabric for the medium items (although OGD and I are totally throwing in some extra goodies) and need to get started. I need to buy freezer paper for one of our agreed extras, and then hopefully that will get a good start on that this weekend Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eye_on_sparrow
« Reply #127 on: March 04, 2010 09:09:21 PM »

I haven't really started on this one yet.  I am trying to finish up the other swap I'm in first.  Then I need to put some more questions together for my partner so I can craft her up a great package. 

I am old and I get the same treatment at fabric stores but I would rather be left alone anyways.  Most of the people that work at my local JoAnns don't know much about sewing.  But to be fair JoAnns doesn't really pay well so you get what you pay for I guess. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fusbdgt
« Reply #128 on: March 04, 2010 09:14:07 PM »

I got some fantastic joann's coupons in the mail today, will be waiting till the 7th (date they are good on Wink)to pick out some fabrics for my partner, hope to do some more investigation (aka stalking) this weekend on this one
THIS ROCKS   Logged

southernstitcher

Proud citizen of the Who Dat Nation!

« Reply #129 on: March 05, 2010 06:04:06 AM »

There was a big thread recently on patternreview.com about this same thing- bad customer service, especially to the younger among us.  What are these folks thinking???  If they are truly into quilting, sewing, or any craft they should be ecstatic to have the business of young people - tats, pink hair, sweat pants and all!  Both local quilt shops here are very friendly so I'm lucky, but I'm not young either, lol!  I should send 17 yo DD in there and see what reaction she gets.   
Most of the time I'd rather be left alone, unless I'm trying to match some fabric - but it's sort of creepy when you walk into a small shop (like most quilting stores are) and they don't greet and act so clique -ish.  WRONG.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you are interested in making me some knitted dishcloths, contact me for a swap!  I'll sew you something or gift you with supplies!

When life hands you green velvet, make a green velvet dress.

My Wist:  http://www.wists.com/southernstitcher
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...