A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,839
Currently Running With Scissors:
255 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I <3 to sew Round 3 Send Outs 3/22/10  (Read 34603 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
MommyTheMaid
« Reply #140 on: March 07, 2010 01:23:59 PM »

OGD and I have been chatting up a storm!  I have had a few setbacks with my dino swap as this one project alluded me a few too many times LOL  I ended up making something different, and WAY better.  I am almost finished with all that and then will start my sewn items (and agreed upon extras;) ) hopefully this evening.  I have been looking through patterns and books trying to find something good for OGD and have a few ideas for fabric, but nothing set in stone yet Cheesy

I have had a few questions about this so I want to answer it real fast.

You may send a pattern OR a pattern book to your partner.  Some people have mentioned a preference for one or the other and others have not. The 3-5 small items are meant to be sewing items (pincushion, freezer paper, pins, etc., ) and do not have to be handmade but certainly can be.

If there are any questions, please feel free to ask me or you can discuss with your partner what you would prefer to do Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: March 07, 2010 01:38:51 PM »

got two things done for MTM son yesterday....first time doing them and they are way cool... the first one was practice, but it came out great, so now it will be part of the package....gotta love when things come out that well.. Grin

and yeah, chatting we have done well... and agreed to do extras, Im so excited... love the spoiling  Cheesy

I have some fabric picked out to send ... still hunting for the perfect pattern/book..... know what other sewn items im going to send, just have to get material for one thing.....all on track.... im feeling just groovy about this swap.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Glamis

Fighting for peace is like f**king for virginity

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #142 on: March 07, 2010 02:25:28 PM »

Glamis- Don't think I'm a wierdo but I totally drew you a flower on your website...that is soooo neat! 
Thanks for letting me know. Lots of people leave something there and keep wondering who it was...

I was lucky to purchase some very cool fabric and am about to get started with the sewing.
And today I realised that I am going to be on holiday on sendout date. Silly me. Seems like i have to hurry a bit. Nevertheless is so much fun!

And I miss the spell check button...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting any kind of skull shaped beads and patches-feel free to send me spare ones  ;-)
---------------------------------------------
pinterest
draw me s.
onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: March 07, 2010 03:39:40 PM »

yeh, I mis the spll cek butun as wel..... nou I hav to hav the dikshionarry nere mee al the tim Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

carmenmarie
I like getting crafty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: March 07, 2010 05:28:35 PM »

I was lucky to purchase some very cool fabric and am about to get started with the sewing.
And today I realised that I am going to be on holiday on sendout date. Silly me. Seems like i have to hurry a bit. Nevertheless is so much fun!

OOh very cool fabric, i like the sound of that.  I too purchased some fabric today, but the selection was not as good as I had hoped.  I will also be on holiday so will be sending about the 18th or 19th  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

psychonmemphis
« Reply #145 on: March 07, 2010 06:03:32 PM »

yeah i think i may need to kick my butt in gear, i have been busy with an estate sale all weekend but i did come out with some pinking shears! I have all the fabric and 1 item made but that is it! whoa i am behind!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

13 Days of Halloween: co-organizing
Coraline swap rd 4: organizing
 http://www.etsy.com/shop/psychonmemphis
I would really like to swap for a quilt for christmas, i will swap anything from supplies,crafts to my etsy shop items! please pm me asap!
green r my tear$
I Praise GOD for my TALENT$ and MOTIVATION!!

U R ONLY LIMITED BY UR IMAGINATION!! SO IMAGE...

« Reply #146 on: March 07, 2010 08:03:08 PM »

Happy 1st Sunday Everybody.  Guess what?  I am finished with my package.  I sewed everything last night.  I will be sending my package next week. I hope that my partner likes everything that I am sending her. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Katrena'sGifts&Such

Enrolled Swap:
Glamis

Fighting for peace is like f**king for virginity

« Reply #147 on: March 08, 2010 01:34:18 AM »

OOh very cool fabric, i like the sound of that.  I too purchased some fabric today, but the selection was not as good as I had hoped.  I will also be on holiday so will be sending about the 18th or 19th  Smiley

Bet our both packages wil arrive when we are not home...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting any kind of skull shaped beads and patches-feel free to send me spare ones  ;-)
---------------------------------------------
pinterest
draw me s.
DeannaLynn06

Cup o Noodles it is, crafting costs too much!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #148 on: March 08, 2010 08:22:13 AM »

I know I will love everything. I can't wait to see what it all is though!!!! I know exactly what I am sending I just need to sew it all together and buy the few things I need to buy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Platypus Project

A - is for Asylum. B - is for Bulldog. M - is for

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #149 on: March 08, 2010 03:11:47 PM »

So I ordered a ton of fabric from different Etsy stores, both to sew with and for my partner.
I received two packages today and the fabric I ordered that I'm sewing with...came in wrong.....harumph.
I sent her a message as well as pictures and a copy of the invoice and telling her I'm sending it back at my expense as long as she please please please sends out the correct fabric tomorrow so I can get sewing.  Smiley
I really hope she can send it out quickly so I can get it before the weekend!

On another note, all notions have been purchased, I'm just waiting for fabric from a far away land and I'm currently washing some other fabric so I can get sewing on one of my things tonight! Smiley  Hope everyone is enjoying the swap so far!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swaps???!?!?  Why yes...I LOVE personal swaps!!!!

"Don't judge me monkey..."

My blog.  Come along for the ride-  http://theplatypusproject.wordpress.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...