A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Want to join a Craft swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 314,693
Currently Running With Scissors:
130 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cleaning out the 'attic'  (Read 733 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

starbelly3
« on: February 13, 2010 07:46:26 PM »

So, I have been moving on in life. Usually during the winter I tend to think to much and start to get all...icky...Anyhow, I found some old journals and letters to myself and others that I wrote during a nasty spell in my life. Reading them just made me feel terrible, so I tore them into strips. Then with some of the strips I made a little person with glue and painted it with watercolors. Then I painted some of the other strips with watercolors and tore them up some more. I got out a canvas, my acrylics and 'went to town'. This is the end result. As I was doing this, The song, 'even the losers' by Tom Petty, was stuck in my head. I loved that song SO MUCH when I was 13. So I named it, 'It's Just The Normal Noises In Here!'

phone camera, sorry

Looks like such a mess, but then, people used to call me Headmess! Smiley I have GOT to get a better camera!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010 07:47:39 PM by starbelly3 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the sun she warmed her wings and listened to cicadas sing.
FoxyBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010 08:33:27 PM »

This is fantastic! As you know, I love dimension, and this painting certainly has that!! I also love that you can really feel the emotion in it. It's really great when you can feel the emotions that artist was feeling at the time just by looking at a painting. LOVE it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

follow me on Instagram  @delightfully.deedra
Midnight Sun

The northern lights have seen queer sights.....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010 09:36:37 PM »

I really like the whole emotional "working out" that inspired this piece...having an emotional (creative) workout is better than a "go to the gym" workout, anyday!!!   My fav part is the little person you created  Cheesy...love it all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"OH MY GOD! Pot Smoking!? You know what that leads to?! MUNCHIES! And you know what THAT means: TRANS-FAT. God knows, you don't want your kids getting into THAT."

-- Pauline
Nooo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

The artist formerly known as Noooitaremybirthday

Pizza is knowledge

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010 03:00:59 PM »

Way to go for turning something negative into something beautiful! I agree that you can really see the emotion in this piece...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's swap lil gelli prints or ATCs!

Instagram: @oops_icraftmypants (Possible swap spoilers.)
Pinterest
Etsy Shop
Rubber Stamps
starbelly3
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010 09:14:54 AM »

I am looking at this and I am seeing that it is REALLY a frantic looking piece now. Almost as if I couldn't wait to cover all of that up with paint. Uhf dah! I guess it is more of an art therapy piece. I just can not wait until I am able to slow it down. My next painting, I am just going to let things flow. I have noticed also, that I tend to gravitate towards reds and yellows, perhaps some blues would calm my crazy self down a bit.  Thank you, my Craftster pals! I am glad you are here to bounce things around and share with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the sun she warmed her wings and listened to cicadas sing.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Plastic Bottle Lanterns
October 17, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Magic Wands

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...