A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,701
Currently Running With Scissors:
184 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Inchie Secrets (post secrets meet inchies) Signups to start in August!  (Read 4887 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: February 09, 2010 03:32:16 PM »

July 19 Update: Thinking about starting signups soon if there is enough interest! Scroll down for more info  Smiley

I just had a crazy idea. What if... we made inchie secrets? They'd be like post secrets, but with a twist. Since inchies are so small instead of crafting our secret onto the inchie, we would craft the inchie onto our secret  Wink Confused yet? I was playing around with the idea and wrote about a paragraph of random thoughts onto a file folder, cut it into inchies, and threw a bunch of stuff on there (just to see what it'd look like, was not trying for art Tongue )

I like how it has the words "reveal the secret" Smiley

I thought it might be fun and therapeutic to write down a secret and cut it up, craft over it, and send pieces of my secret all over the world. Everyone would know that it's my secret they are getting, but they wouldn't know what my secret is!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010 08:25:27 PM by kartiana » THIS ROCKS   Logged

r.forslund
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010 05:05:14 PM »

thats an awesome idea. i absolutely love post secret and very recently fell into the inchie craze.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Maimun
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

We're on craftster because we love to create. Why should we settle for what we currently are?

aka MunLtStmpr

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010 07:28:05 PM »

This is an awesome idea!  I can send my secret out and still keep things private.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I find joy in creating and helping others create not just jewelry and crafts but best of all, the life they want.
MyPins
MyArt
Life & Creativity Coaching
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010 09:43:13 PM »

I thought that we would have to just write very small secrets! But this may be even better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nannyem
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010 07:48:00 AM »

I'm just finishing up my Newbie swap and I'm really hoping some sort of Inchie swap would come up soon. I would be all for this (or any other type of inchie swap.) It would be fun to have all these inchies and always be wondering what the hidden meaning were.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kartiana

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010 08:40:32 AM »

What would be a good swap number? The last inchie swap was 7 inchies each for 7 partners (49 total). I was thinking maybe 5 inchies per partner? And maybe a choice of 5 or 10 partners? (25 or 50 total)

I'm just about to move so I can't start this swap right away, but I am willing to organize. Maybe start end of next week? Or beginning of March? What do you guys think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kartiana

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010 06:54:15 AM »

I just had another interesting idea for this swap, someone could also choose to draw their secret instead of write it. Then all the pieces would have interesting lines/colors instead of random words.

If there is still interest in doing this swap I can start signups in the next week or so.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

imbettinonalice

Zydrate comes in a little glass vile...

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010 09:55:40 AM »

Hhaha, I was just looking at PostSecret today and since I am a inchie newbie I thought it would be a great idea for inchies....and here it is! I love your idea Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Ohmigoodness, Ohmigoodness!"- Man V. Food

"This is serious, Dean! The voice is telling me that I'm almost out of minutes!"- Castiel, 'Supernatural'
www.twloha.org
Juliana13

smile! it makes people wonder what you're up to

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010 03:33:00 PM »

i always thought inchies were an interesting craft but have never made them, this swap sounds very cool  Cool count me in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you made it, I'll love it!
I'll swap ya for it Smiley
check out my wists www.wists.com/Juliana13
I'm on Pinterest too! use it more than wists.
kartiana

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010 08:03:40 AM »

Ok, I have the time (and energy) to organize this now! Is anyone still interested? I was thinking of starting signups this week or early next week depending on interest.

So quick recap:

~ Inchie Secrets would be made from pieces of a secret; drawn/written out then cut up and decorated/crafted
~ We will be in groups of X many (I was thinking about 10 partners each, but I'm up for discussing it)
~ We will make X many to send to each partner (still need to figure out a good number... 7? 10? 15?)
~ Everyone will know who the inchies are from, but will not know what the secret is since it will be cut apart and altered (this makes inchie secrets different from post secrets)
~ Signups will be open for 2 weeks (or until full)
~ Send outs will be a month from end of signups

If we are in groups of 11 (10 partners each) and make 10 inchie secrets per partner that would come out to a nice round 100 inchies each!  Shocked I was just in the Inchie My Theme swap where we had 8 partners time 12 inchies for a total of 96. It sounds like a lot, but it's not so much once you get started! And with these you could start crafting before partners are assigned. If we use groups of 11 then I'd have to limit the swap to 22 people or get a co-organizer... Or we could start off with smaller groups and send more inchies per partner...

Lets have a vote!  Smiley How many partners and how many inchies do you want to make?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Backpack For Your Dog
Tute Tuesday: Insulated Lunch Sack
Take a Bath!

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...