A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Does your gift list have you stumped? Can never figure out what to make for Great Aunt Felma?  Each day through December 24, we are featuring a fabulous gift tutorial!  Check out the 2017 Handmade Holiday Gift Guide for (free!) recipes, patterns and more.
Total Members: 319,833
Currently Running With Scissors:
214 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Moorish Mosaic Afghan from Interweave Crochet Magazine Issue Fall 2009  (Read 18319 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

wtpdesigns
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010 08:20:02 PM »

ifound a few more pix of it online and i am determined to recreate this in fabric as soon as i move... i will post as well if that's ok... i only wish i had the patience and ability to crochet so well
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I've got drinks piling up on my desk and a stack of pills I haven't even opened yet!"
"We're not gonna hide who we are, ok? I mean, we date, we're straight, get used to it."
http://www.myspace.com/wtpdesigns
im1hansonpunk
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010 11:08:54 AM »

i have just gotten this and am going to start sometime this week. I love your color combos. You should come show it off at ravelry.com! My username is im1hansonpunk.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kristel1978
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010 06:01:09 AM »

Got the pattern now, but so far I've only got 2 of the required 6 colors. I'll get the rest in 2 weeks, but in the meantime I'll get started on the triangles. So far I've done 7. Four squares are done and I've started doing an octagon which of course I cannot complete. It's easier than I thought!

I'd also love to see what this looks like in fabric. I'll just stick to crochet, that's probably better for me  Wink.

@Granite_Turtle: Have you made more progress yet? I'd love to see!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010 10:39:48 AM by kristel1978 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
pops

this kittens' nose demands kisses...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2010 11:54:02 AM »

aha! i just got a copy of that issue from cybergran (a freind of mine i just introduced to craftster!) and i was wondering if i had the dedication to get that afghan done...how wonderful to find you on here, crocheting-along! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Granite_turtle

Granite? Yes as in tombstones...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2010 03:21:48 PM »

I am so easily distracted!  But I have finished another octagon Smiley

I really like the colours in this one.  I do find these blocks easy, I just don't like the way the colour joins look.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

After checking out Regretsy I'm pretty sure I could sell my stuff on Etsy.
playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010 04:20:45 PM »

beautiful! I really like that one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

50+ washcloths-along -17/50
Very soon I'm going to graduate to shawls and sweaters!
kristel1978
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010 10:42:04 AM »

One octagon closer to finishing the afghan  Grin! I've noticed that in some of my squares the change of color looks all right, but in others it looks a bit off. Is that what you mean?

What I've done so far:

This is all I can do with the 2 colors I've got. Can't wait till the 15th, hopefully I'll get the other colors by then.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Granite_turtle

Granite? Yes as in tombstones...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2010 06:56:27 PM »

I've tried to take a closeup of the joins I am least pleased with:

I have followed the pattern EXACTLY.  But I feel like there is a gap in the lower right corner there and that the colours don't line up.

Kristel I love your colours!  What yarn are you using?  That blue is really pretty.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010 06:58:48 PM by Granite_turtle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

After checking out Regretsy I'm pretty sure I could sell my stuff on Etsy.
kristel1978
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2010 04:55:40 AM »

Yes, I see what you mean. Perhaps you could repair the hole. Hopefully you won't notice it much once the afghan is done.

I use Steinbach Wolle Sport, 20% wool, 80% acrylic. I love it; it is very easy to work with. Most of the colors I'll use are very close to or the same as the designer's - I hope  Wink. I've only seen samples of most.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kristel1978
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010 01:12:09 PM »

I've done about 12 octagons so far. In most of them I made the same mistake: I put in 3 sc in the corners of row 13 where there should be one. The previous rows are done with three and so is the last so I just never noticed the difference in row 13. You read what you want to read - that's obvious. It makes the edges pucker a bit, but fortunately that doesn't show when you sew them together.

I don't like the way the triangles stick out and I really hope the edging will fix that  Cheesy.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Mini Heart Pinata
Oh, deer!
@Home This Weekend: Stylish Jacket For Your Pooch

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...