A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 315,933
Currently Running With Scissors:
379 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Baby Car Seat Cover  (Read 1662 times)
Tags for this thread: baby_carrier , cover  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
dnd4us
« on: January 28, 2010 12:42:43 PM »

This car seat cover was a quick, fun project for me.  It makes a perfect gift for a new baby.  Mine is for my new baby nephew, Isaac.  A cover is wonderful for keeping a baby asleep, warm and safe from germs when out in public.

This is a project where you can definitely employ your imagination to embellish it as much or as little as you want.  I chose to piece a strip of my back polka dot fabric on the front top and bottom.  I also pieced the straps but that was out of necessity.   I only bought 1 yard of the backing fabric, and didnt have enough fabric complete the straps like I wanted, with backing fabric on one side and front on the other so I pieced them, and in the end I liked them better than the way I had planned.  I love when this happens.  I make a mistake or run out of fabric, and the fix ends up being my favorite part of the project.  I think its because Im forced to think out of the box and get more creative.

Here is what you need to complete this project:

* 1 1/3 yards 100% cotton fabric or flannel for top
    * 1 1/3 yards 100% cotton fabric or flannel for backing
    * Sew on Velcro (I prefer not to use Velcro with adhesive, as it gums up my needle.)
    * fabric marking pen (either water erasable or disappearing) or fabric marking pencil
For anyone who is interested in the process, I posted step-by-step instructions with photos here as well: http://makeitdo.wordpress.com/2010/01/11/baby-car-seat-cover-tutorial/

Cheers,

Calli
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010 12:43:45 PM by jungrrl - Reason: edited to comply with Craftster guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged

green r my tear$
I Praise GOD for my TALENT$ and MOTIVATION!!

U R ONLY LIMITED BY UR IMAGINATION!! SO IMAGE...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010 01:13:48 PM »

this is so cute.  where did you get this fabric?? the fabric is adorable!!!   Smiley   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Katrena'sGifts&Such

Enrolled Swap:
darina23
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010 05:56:01 AM »

http://makeitdo.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/dpp_0150.jpg?w=432&h=553
This car seat cover was a quick, fun project for me.  It makes a perfect gift for a new baby.  Mine is for my new baby nephew, Isaac.  A cover is wonderful for keeping a baby asleep, warm and safe from germs when out in public.

This is a project where you can definitely employ your imagination to embellish it as much or as little as you want.  I chose to piece a strip of my back polka dot fabric on the front top and bottom.  I also pieced the straps but that was out of necessity.   I only bought 1 yard of the backing fabric, and didnt have enough fabric complete the straps like I wanted, with backing fabric on one side and front on the other so I pieced them, and in the end I liked them better than the way I had planned.  I love when this happens.  I make a mistake or run out of fabric, and the fix ends up being my favorite part of the project.  I think its because Im forced to think out of the box and get more creative.

Here is what you need to complete this project:

* 1 1/3 yards 100% cotton fabric or flannel for top
    * 1 1/3 yards 100% cotton fabric or flannel for backing
    * Sew on Velcro (I prefer not to use Velcro with adhesive, as it gums up my needle.)
    * fabric marking pen (either water erasable or disappearing) or fabric marking pencil
For anyone who is interested in the process, I posted step-by-step instructions with photos here as well: http://makeitdo.wordpress.com/2010/01/11/baby-car-seat-cover-tutorial/

Cheers,

Calli

LOVE LOVE LOVE this project! And I checked the tutorial too, awesome job!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010 01:16:19 PM by Aislynn - Reason: Modified to remove quoted image. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...