I don't have a very good name for this...but I made these during the summer all the time. You can do several variations on them, using different ingredients. It's quick and easy and can be made for a snack or for a main meal. Either way, it's good!
I'll have pics soon, I was uploading music and didn't want to slow my computer down too much.
So here's the recipe!You Need:
Salsa (any heat any style)
Chicken (I used part of a leftover grilled chicken breast from the night before)
Cheese (I used pepper jack, but use whatever kind you like, colby jack, pepper jack, Mexican blend, as long as it's a hard cheese, I don't recommend soft cheeses)
Non stick cooking spray
1. Preheat your oven to 350.
2. Heat up a small skillet on medium heat with a little bit off EVOO.
3. Cut up your chicken.
4. Once the skillet is warm, add the chicken and the salsa, and cook till it's heated through (doesn't take but 5 minutes or so).
5. If your cheese isn't pre-shredded, go ahead and shred some cheese.
6. Spray your cookie sheet and place your tortilla on it, add a little cooking spray to your tortilla, so it'll crisp up better.
7. Lay a little bit of cheese down on your tortilla, and once the chicken is warm, add it on top of the cheese.
8. Place more cheese on top
9. Cook in the oven for about 15 minutes, you can go a little bit longer if you want, if you like a super crispy tortilla, but I don't recommend going much longer.
10. Let cool for a few minutes.
11. Cut with a pizza cutter and plate
My favorite variations on this is with a little bit of garlic on the bottom of the tortilla and then cheese and pepperoni. Mmm! You can put whatever you like on it though. It's good regardless of what you put on it!
Here's so pics:
All cut up on a plate
The ingredients all laid out
Chicken and salsa mixture
Grating on the cheese
Before going in the oven