A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,834
Currently Running With Scissors:
341 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: fiber fat book--along  (Read 33481 times)
Tags for this thread: chunky_book  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
morglanc

hey, are you going to throw that away?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2010 05:56:34 PM »

you could always sew eyelets in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps. i'm looking to swap my art or paper crafts for some re-usable fabric snack bags, fabric sandwich wraps, fabric paper towels, glass pendants, ephemera, or art books.

http://www.wists.com/morglanc

http://morglanc.blogspot.com/
tcmatteson

Baby it's cold outside...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2010 09:25:49 PM »

Thanks so much for the well-wishes everyone! I'm back up to 100% good health today! And therefore I was able to get my first page done! My pages are going to be 4" x 4" double-sided. I've also decided that each side of all my pages is going to be done with a different quilt pattern (and therefore, each page will be a little bit more conservative than what others may end up posting!) So, onto the piccies!

Side 1: Jacob's Star embellished with seedbeads

Side 2: India Star embellished with ribbon and scrap fabric

Yes, I know that one edge isn't finished off, but that's how I'll be attaching my pages together. Once the entire book is complete, those edges shouldn't be visible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter turned Soaper
Been away from Craftster for far too long Sad I miss this crafty community!
Simple & Clean Soapery on FB
Simple & Clean Soapery on etsy
Nooo
Tutorial Contributor

The artist formerly known as Noooitaremybirthday

Pizza is knowledge

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2010 11:15:09 PM »

Thanks so much for the well-wishes everyone! I'm back up to 100% good health today! And therefore I was able to get my first page done! My pages are going to be 4" x 4" double-sided. I've also decided that each side of all my pages is going to be done with a different quilt pattern (and therefore, each page will be a little bit more conservative than what others may end up posting!)

Glad to hear you're feeling better! I adore traditional quilting patterns, and I'm sure to be adoring whatever you post, as conservative as it may be Smiley Those are so pretty! The seed beads are such a delicate touch.

I want to do my pages 2 sided, too, but I've been kinda stumped about how to go about it... Should i do 2 pages, then just sew them together once they're both done?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's swap lil gelli prints or ATCs!

Instagram: @oops_icraftmypants (Possible swap spoilers.)
Pinterest
Etsy Shop
Rubber Stamps
morglanc

hey, are you going to throw that away?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2010 11:28:47 PM »

tcmatteson--very pretty! while my style is funky and non traditional, i definitely appreciate your style, and the talent it takes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps. i'm looking to swap my art or paper crafts for some re-usable fabric snack bags, fabric sandwich wraps, fabric paper towels, glass pendants, ephemera, or art books.

http://www.wists.com/morglanc

http://morglanc.blogspot.com/
Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2010 01:59:24 AM »

Beautiful!

Here's my (fairly basic) first page.

I made it from a strip, so the bottom was a fold rather than both sides separate, so I was able to sew the bits on both sides and get it lined up easier. I hand sewed a running stitch along some of the lines (not sure if you can see in the photos) after I sewed it shut as the pattern matches both sides, and that holds the two pieces together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ariethine
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2010 03:14:18 AM »

All those pages look good. I plan on being a little crazy with mine. (and yes,I would suggest doing both sides first, and then sewing them together.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2010 04:13:48 AM »

This looks like so much fun!! Your pages are all so different and wonderful. I wish I could sew so that I could join in - it would be the perfect way to practice for the quilt i've always wanted to make.

I'd get my mum to teach me with the sewing machine, but I don't think she wants to encourage any crafting until I get out of the house and find a job!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tcmatteson

Baby it's cold outside...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2010 06:25:42 AM »

Glad to hear you're feeling better! I adore traditional quilting patterns, and I'm sure to be adoring whatever you post, as conservative as it may be Smiley Those are so pretty! The seed beads are such a delicate touch.

I want to do my pages 2 sided, too, but I've been kinda stumped about how to go about it... Should i do 2 pages, then just sew them together once they're both done?

Thank you (and everyone else!)

As for my first page, I ended up wanting to actually quilt the page, so I made the two blocks, sewed them together like a pillow and stuffed a piece of felt in between, quilted it, then added my embellishments making sure to only go through the top piece of fabric... a bit time consuming when adding the embellishments, but I didn't want to try running beads through my sewing machine, hehe.

I absolutely adore Phizzychicks first page! I love the colors, the fabric texture, and the really pretty elegant simplicity of it! Altogether, a beautiful page ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter turned Soaper
Been away from Craftster for far too long Sad I miss this crafty community!
Simple & Clean Soapery on FB
Simple & Clean Soapery on etsy
Belladune
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2010 06:43:13 AM »

Those pages are absolutely beautiful!!
I had a dream last night.  About these pages.  I've decided on a Botany theme for my pages.  they will be double sided too. I'm going to research poisonous plants and do some quilting, aplique and embroidery to achieve all this... now just to wait until I can do stairs to reach  my fabric... darn c-section  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wrote a book!!! A book on spinning! You can find it here: The Trifecta of Hand Spun Yarn
 website with links to everything!

Keep c-ster going
facebook
Nooo
Tutorial Contributor

The artist formerly known as Noooitaremybirthday

Pizza is knowledge

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2010 08:07:32 AM »

Phizzy, your first page is awesome! But what else could I have expected? Wink

Belladune, a botany theme sounds really cool! And congratulations on your baby!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's swap lil gelli prints or ATCs!

Instagram: @oops_icraftmypants (Possible swap spoilers.)
Pinterest
Etsy Shop
Rubber Stamps
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...