A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 315,263
Currently Running With Scissors:
265 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magic Yarn Ball Swap Round 12 Gallery  (Read 37249 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

sarahj2001
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2010 01:34:27 PM »

Wow...that's an amazingly perfectly round MYB!  Mine never ever turn out that round...they ususally end up all weird rectangle shaped.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2010 03:55:17 PM »

Wow...that's an amazingly perfectly round MYB!  Mine never ever turn out that round...they ususally end up all weird rectangle shaped.  Smiley
tell me about, the one I sent was triangle shaped!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
Terracruz
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2010 03:59:26 PM »

Color me impressed! What a perfect yarn ball. That dino is adorable and I LOVE that necklace with the glasses. Adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Terra
pookiemccool
"Even when we're apart I can feel you next to me. There's a hidden love connecting us like voices on a string. Even when I'm alone I can tell you're with me. There's a hidden love connecting us and I'm holding on..."

I <3 swaps!

« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2010 06:43:00 PM »

glad you liked everything!! The earrings are glow in the dark and the dinosaur I couldnt find a pattern small enough so I just made my own! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pookiemccool
"Even when we're apart I can feel you next to me. There's a hidden love connecting us like voices on a string. Even when I'm alone I can tell you're with me. There's a hidden love connecting us and I'm holding on..."

I <3 swaps!

« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2010 06:44:24 PM »

I didn't want anything poking out of the yarn so I used 2 skeins and it was huge, lol.. I don't know how I ended up keeping it so round.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RyverChyld
♥Live ♥ Laugh ♥ Love♥

I Believe in Fairies!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2010 05:45:57 AM »

COOL!!  Awesome MYB!! Grin  I love the color of the MYB yarn!!  I love those little crochet flowers!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tar3820
Geek gone knitty

Drive from ocean to ocean. Then you'll understand.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2010 10:59:22 AM »

Warning! Picture heavy!!!

So I came home from a horrible day at work to find a large package sitting in my doorway. I squealed like a two year old and immediately opened it to find the world's largest MYB. Here's Ichi standing next to it to give you a size comparison.

Sarah, you are an evil EVIL woman!! She wrapped the ball in 4.. count them.. 4! skeins!!! I was late to dinner with the roommates I was so busy unwrapping. The first 1 and a half I was winding into balls while unwrapping, and then my patience gave out and I just went to town. I took some shots of the loot in stages and then a ton at the end. For the sake of not completely overloading you all, I'm going to only post half of what I took. More will be on my blog.

The whole take:

The "good" yarn (as she put it) was Noro in my favorite color scheme, for the Noro Striped Scarf (http://brooklyntweed.blogspot.com/2007/04/noro-scarf.html).

The other yarn (that she tortured me with) is for Rebecca Danger's Daphne and Delilah the Momma and Baby Monster (http://www.dangercrafts.etsy.com/), which is adorable and oh so awesome!

There's 8? handmade goodies and a bunch of other store bought ones. I love all the goodies and almost ended up bringing everything to my office to play with and show off before I realized I wouldn't work at all today. Here's the goods, one by one.

Wool! I just started spinning over in the "Learn to Spin in 2010" thread in Fiber Arts and Sarah has been hanging out over there as well. She apparently received a massive amount of wool recently and decided to share the love.

She included a soak packet in my ball which may end up going towards my first handspun project.. who knows! Might use it for the Noro scarf.

If you haven't checked out Sarah's blog I highly recommend it! She makes the most adorable and amazing reuse/recycle projects, one of which is ticket bowls. I admired them when I first started stalking her and I'm glad I got one of my own! The Elephante is absolutely ADORABLE and I cuddled him like crazy when I first pulled him out of the ball. I've made one of them before, but I've never gotten to keep one for myself.. which is why I'm so happy with him. You can see his buddy George, who's very curious, hanging out in the bowl with him.

I laughed when I finally figured out what this was while it was stuck in the ball.

It's a handmade dog leash! Made with self-striping nylon, this leash pattern is something I'm very familiar with, and excited to receive. I made a leash for the last swap I was in and always intended to make one for myself, which means that it'll never happen, so I was so thrilled when I saw Sarah had made me one. I used it for Ichi's walk this morning and immediately loved it. It's very bright, which actually made the not-so-cheery morning walk so much better. Action shot!

My roommate really liked this part of the package, but it's just because she's biased. Sarah's (famous?) Homemade Beer Soap! Made with Heineken (which lost my roommate's interest), this soap should help with those hangover mornings. And for mornings when I'm not feeling the night before, she also included a bar of homemade Bees Wax Honey Soap.

The pig is an LED light of awesomeness and the Glacier putty is sure to get me in trouble at work.

Anime dorks rejoice, there's a Totoro! I was so giddy when I finally pulled this big boy from the ball. I had been unwrapping around these annoying spikes trying to figure out what in the heck he was and then literally screamed when I realized it. I LOVE Totoro and he's been on my queue/favorites list for almost a year now because, let's face it, I suck at making stuff for me. This Totoro is huge! And very huggable.

Also pictured is an alphabet letter stamp set for scrapbooking, some "I love dogs" charms, some very YUMMY Strawberry Cheesecake coffee (I live off coffee. Seriously. LIVE.), and a 4x4 circuit board picture frame. One of my roommates is a hardware engineer and spent a couple of minutes following circuits and figuring out what the board was for. It was highly amusing.

Now I'm really going to brag about Sarah cause I'm really in love with this next item. I had it out of the ball and in my pocket almost immediately. It's a new wallet!

My last wallet was something I made out of recycled plastic three years ago and it was in desperate need of replacing. I'm not a fan of tradition wallets and just wanted something that could fit all the various cards I carry on a daily basis. Sarah delivered!

It fits all my cards, with room to spare, and will also fit cash for those rare occasions. The quality of the sewing is just fantastic. My roommate spent a few minutes at dinner turning it inside out trying to find the seams, which he ultimately failed at.

The wallet is pretty much exactly the same size of my iPhone, if not just a little thinner. Can you tell I'm in love with it? What gave it away? All the pictures?

Yeah.. so I was completely spoiled in the end. It made unwinding those 4 skeins of yarn almost worth it... oh, who am I kidding!? It was totally worth it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just your average knitting whore.
Think Crafty Thoughts
luckdragon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2010 11:34:08 AM »

Wow!  You were seriously spoiled!!  Love everything, but I am especially jealous of the totoro!  I have one on my wist!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
shortern
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2010 01:41:22 PM »

Ommmmg LOVE the Totoro!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for extra sock yarn! PM me if you have any you'd like to get rid of! Willing to swap for it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://blacksquirrelknits.blogspot.com/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Etsy Shop: http://www.blacksquirrelknits.etsy.com
My Wist: http://wists.com/shortern06
Shortern on Ravelry.
tar3820
Geek gone knitty

Drive from ocean to ocean. Then you'll understand.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2010 01:47:57 PM »

Important, please read
So far I've been pleasantly surprised that a swap with 42 swappers is turning out so well, but I want to do everything in my power to keep it that way. So, this is what we're going to do:

- I'm giving a week "light late" period for those of us running behind. if your name is in pink, you have until 2/8 to ship your package and send me the PM without getting any mention of "late" in your feedback. If you can't make that date PM me and your partner on the 8th with your status and when you think you'll be able to ship.

- Any pink swappers that do not PM me with a DC status or update by the 8th will switched to red status and considered MIA by the 10th.

- Any swappers shipping beyond the 8th will receive feedback that says they shipped late, though most likely still positive, as long as you keep your partner and I in the loop.

- Any swappers that are currently red and stay red until the 8th will be presumed missing and a Swap Angel process will be started. If your partner is red and has been talking to you, nag the heck out of them to get them back in here and PM me! I'd like to pull this massive swap off without any angels.

After all that is said and done, you ladies all know your partners better then I do. Each of you is responsible for trying to contact your partner on your own, before you get me involved. If you feel your partner is MIA and want steps to be taken before my listed dates, please PM me and them with the situation and how you would like to move forward. We'll take it from there.

In other news, I know! The Totoro is AWESOME!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just your average knitting whore.
Think Crafty Thoughts
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mini Book Jewelry
Let's Spool Up!
Meatless Monday: Spinach and Cheese Gnocchi Bake

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...