A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
136 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Living Room Curtains from clearance Target tablecloths  (Read 3791 times)
Tags for this thread: curtains , tablecloth_curtains  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« on: January 13, 2010 09:04:39 PM »

I made these new curtains a few months ago, but only got DH to help me hang them this week.  I was broke when I decided to make them, but wanted something to look nice, since I host a Craft group here on the weekends.  I found two tablecloths at Target on clearance for $11 each.  They were 60" wide x 103" long.  Not quite long enough to hang the short way, and too long to hang the long way!  So I picked up a piece of home dec fabric on clearance at Joann's for $5, and went about slicing and dicing.  I cut the panels to be 45" wide, and added in the 10" band of green into the bottom edge.  And yes, I used the Golden Ratio to decide where my band was placed...  Don't judge me... I know I'm a giant dork.  Incidentally, I also found the over-sized throw pillows at Target that same day, on clearance for 75% off!  (I actually used the some of the brown scrap to make this Tree of Life Wall Quilt for Pinkleo in the 12 Days of Christmas Swap.)

Anyways, here are the curtains:

(The origami mobile in the corner was made by Pinkleo!)

In the midst of re-organizing the house, we also moved an old bookcase out to our living room, which yes, blocks our non working fireplace.  On the upside, the paisley scarf Pinkleo gave me looks GREAT on top of it, and now will be seen WAY more than if I only wore it in rotation with my other scarves!  
I think for my next project I'm going to replace the old blue fabric on that director's chair to match my new curtains.  (I don't really love the chair, but it is useful when people come over since our living room is so small we can only fit a love seat and oversized chair in it.)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010 08:45:20 AM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Greenseeds
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010 11:39:44 AM »

Great idea! I like the colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Green Tomato Pie
@Home This Weekend: Door Decor
June 20, 2019 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...