A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 321,375
Currently Running With Scissors:
231 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 217
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: FrugALong 2010  (Read 251863 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

pantsafari
« Reply #1940 on: June 05, 2010 08:48:49 AM »

So I dont read the board for two days and come back to 5 pages to read...sheesh!

Well, I missed frugal friday (technically) BUT im still posting my frugality. I made a skirt from a vintage tablecloth and stash fabric for my future SILs baby shower (which is today)

the pictures are terrible- My dear sweet love of my life was being crabby last night and wouldnt take pictures of me LOL. that and it was a million degrees in my apartment.

Its basically a square tablecloth with fabric added to the bottom and cut into a circle skirt, and it has a basic elastic waist. super easy and quick- and cost me waaay less than the one I coveted on etsy for ages (before someone else bought it and made me sad)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The never ending quest for pants continues...
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1941 on: June 05, 2010 09:28:18 AM »

The handmade scrubbies -- are you serious?  I ADORE those!  They will definitely make wonderful gifts.  I envision them as part of a handmade gift set -- scrubbies and a few bars of handmade soap!

Is this a hint? Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love to cook, have an overflowing pantry, or want to save a little money on your grocery bill?
Join the Pantry Challenge Cookalong!

Instagram: Soapsbymaremare
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: June 05, 2010 10:27:00 AM »

The handmade scrubbies -- are you serious?  I ADORE those!  They will definitely make wonderful gifts.  I envision them as part of a handmade gift set -- scrubbies and a few bars of handmade soap!

Is this a hint? Grin

If only we all knew of someone who makes super fabulous handmade soap... if only...

Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
LaughingLark
« Reply #1943 on: June 05, 2010 10:37:09 AM »

pantsafari, that skirt is adorable! I love the colors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lalalapoopoo
« Reply #1944 on: June 05, 2010 10:42:19 AM »

Wow! I'm loving all the clothes, both for the little ones and us adults! :] I've been recon-ing a pj shirt I found at Goodwill's Memorial Day half off sale.... It's Munki Munki fabric!

Also instead of going out for breakfast, my best friend and I are making waffles! Vegan waffles, with the best recipe EVER.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1945 on: June 05, 2010 10:57:21 AM »

Also instead of going out for breakfast, my best friend and I are making waffles! Vegan waffles, with the best recipe EVER.

Dude, I'm pretty sure that you can't say that without sharing the recipe! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love to cook, have an overflowing pantry, or want to save a little money on your grocery bill?

lalalapoopoo
« Reply #1946 on: June 05, 2010 11:08:48 AM »

Dude, I'm pretty sure that you can't say that without sharing the recipe! Grin

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Waffle-of-Insane-Greatness-109233

SOOOOO good! Just make the egg and milk sub if you are vegan and they are sooooo goood!  Light on the inside and crispy on the outside. Plus it is the only vegan waffle recipe that has worked for me.... and I'm not terrible in the kitchen!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1947 on: June 05, 2010 11:10:20 AM »

lol thanks! I usually use box mixes and am never that impressed, I know it can't be that hard to make from scratch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cat2007
« Reply #1948 on: June 05, 2010 11:11:49 AM »

@Mare   'DUDE', Seriously, haha  that so annoys my children when I use that word (well that and Seriously).  "are you trying to be 'cool' mama? , 'ah, Dude don't say that', 'you really aren't mama, no offense', then I bring out the 'Seriously'.    last night I kept barking like our dog buddy anytime dd got around me, it was SOOOOOOOOOOO  much fun to startle her, sometimes I'd growl when I walked by her chair.  it's the little things in life that amuse me.  

well I tried to upload the pattern and photo of the apron from the 40-50 but I can't (don't know why I can't  I can c&p into a word document) anyway, our plans for today includes staying home out of the heat,
there is the town's annual  Frontier's Day- which means people haul all their junk out for people to buy, some sell food, and their is usually a parade of some sort. but we are passing this year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kitschbitch
Stitchin'

Music, crafts, and dogs...all good.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1949 on: June 05, 2010 12:05:51 PM »

Those waffles look delish!

Does anyone else use tin foil smooshed into a ball-like shape to clean pots and pans?  It's super frugal if you use tin foil soiled from your meal!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 217 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Happy Hobbit Day!
@Home This Weekend: Garden Painting
September 19, 2018 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...