A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 321,374
Currently Running With Scissors:
135 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: yes friends, the boy knits!  (Read 7121 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

jessaska
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2005 04:39:48 PM »

It feels strange to live in a city that has been eaten by a mitten....and one knitted by a boy, no less!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sadsadturtle
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2005 04:57:35 PM »

i too am a boy who knits.  I love the cat bed and the oven mit. er...mitten.  My girlfriend once knitted a mitten for me that was way too big. its big enough to fit both hands into in sort of a praying position, so we call it the "prayer mitten" or the "church mitten." perhaps you could also keep both hands in yours...it only looks a little silly....otherwise, you have a perfectly good oven mit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coolboysknit.com: now with skully logo t-shirts!
sarahdotcom

I'm not a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2005 05:20:29 PM »

I think everyone probably has too-big mitten stories!
I knitted the mittens from SnB for a friend, but afterwards realised the pattern was for a large woman's hand.  My friend has tiny little girl hands.  I tried to felt them a bit smaller, they felted beautifully (it was yummy alpaca/merino) but didn't shrink much!

The happy end to the story is that she gave them to her granddad.  They fit perfectly, and are very warm and soft on his delicate old hands.

I think there exists a perfect home for everything knitted.  And that mitten will make a great oven mitt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog, fingers and toes
atomikpop
Tutorial Contributor

one monkey don't stop no show

knit happens

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2005 05:41:07 PM »

man, you are too adorable! the scarf is crazy awesome, as is everything else. i would really love to knit up that cat bed of yours. for my, uh, future cat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
linda63pt
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2005 07:02:06 PM »

Ah yes, my boys want to learn to knit! I've tried with my daughter, but onward ho!! Your projects are great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gymkeiki
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2005 07:57:28 PM »

linda63pt, your son is simply not inhibited by grown-up tendencies to be realistic about his yarn habit, the way we are. We measure yarn's softness and hand against it's price, and he knows better.... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fidget
You have my undivided atten...Look! A bunny!

la-da-dee la-da-daa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2005 08:11:10 PM »

Wonderful, beautiful handiwork, theboyknits.  The cat bed is adorable, but when I first looked at the picture I thought "cat bowl cozy?!"  I'm a goof.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I feed my soul with the stitches I sew.
My Wists
I practice random acts of kindness at random moments for random reasons.
xmelinda
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2005 08:30:56 AM »

Okay, I confess that my first thought was "Hey, another guy who's smart enough to know that cool intelligent creative women will fall all over a boy who crafts." and then I realized how very sexist that is!  I apologize for thinking there had to be an ulterior motive.  Anyone who knits as well as that has to be doing it because he enjoys it, and you definitely knit a lot better than I do!  I love the scarf!  Of course, if you *were* hoping to pick up chicks, you shouldn't have any trouble, because you're pretty darn cute  Wink

Melinda (married)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I live in that place between conception and execution" -- IQJones
girlypirate
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my arms are too short to box with God.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2005 06:03:02 AM »

i'm so very glad the boy knits.  you should consider yourself an inspiration to your gender.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
apb3000
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2005 08:56:17 AM »

I have that pattern on my to-knit list but have been holding off because I have to make to great big ones (for I have two great big cats). 

That is my problem with knitting a cat bed as well - I know they'd love it, since they definitely love yarn, but.... my giant boy kitty and tiny girl kitty can't stand each other, so I'd have to make two beds! And of course, I couldn't give one cat a bed until I had finished both, because that would be a recipe for disaster. So the politics keep bogging down my initiative....

I'm still obsessed w/ that scarf.

apb
THIS ROCKS   Logged

never stopping never sleeping
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Happy Hobbit Day!
@Home This Weekend: Garden Painting
September 19, 2018 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...