A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,896
Currently Running With Scissors:
342 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: cute felt ornaments: my first time working with felt, jay! (patterns added)  (Read 103209 times)
Tags for this thread: felt_ornament , present_tag , pattern , matryoshka_doll  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
erdbeerblau
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010 03:07:00 AM »

i'm happy that  i could help.
the whole felt stuff is not that complicated, just time consuming. at least that's what i learned with this project.

and it is really cheap a metre of felt costs less than 2 here. i used about 10 or 15 cm for all of that.
but i like the mixed packs of coloured felt sheets as an addition.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Virg
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2010 01:29:27 PM »

These are adorable!  I would be looking for ways to keep them up all year long.  :-D

THIS ROCKS   Logged
erdbeerblau
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2010 01:35:33 PM »

These are adorable!  I would be looking for ways to keep them up all year long.  :-D

hehe. my almost-christmas tree is still in my living room Wink
but i like to pretend that it's more sparkly and cute than christmassy. and as there's a certain tradition where people keep the trees until the first week of february (jesus' baptism or something), i won't need new excuses until then  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Virg
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2010 08:36:41 AM »

I don't know where you fall on the easter thing- but when I lived in Germany they had easter trees- that were essentially willow branches decorated with little wooden ornaments ornaments.  I would just throw in some  ornaments to rotate with the seasons and call it a day. 

Then you could say things like "Oh this old beautiful collection of fine fantasticaries?  Its my spring/summer/fall tree."
THIS ROCKS   Logged
erdbeerblau
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2010 08:53:06 AM »

haha.

austria has easter trees too, i thought of this after writing the last post here.
maybe i'll put down the tiny glittery baubles and hang a few eggs on the tree instead. oh my. i'll find a way Grin
my not-longer-christmas-tree even contains corkscrew hazel, which is traditionally used in easter trees. 

is there something like easter trees in the us?

(it seems to me that all of my posts in the last days are replies to stuff you wrote. Smiley)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Virg
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010 04:29:55 PM »

LOL.  Not going to lie- I'm stalking your crafty projects.  Speaking of which, I didn't have the pics loaded when I replied before, but I did some Matryoshka felt ornaments in November/December too!  Totally before I knew you were doing them, as they were for the altered fairy tale swap. And sadly, they have no tree.

I just asked the hubs - he's been in Nevada/Arizona (Southwest US) for his whole life.  When I asked him if he knew about Easter trees, his face scrunched up with confusion.  But they sell 'em online at Target.com so a lot of somebodies in the US have to be buying them.  LOL.

And the felt ornaments I did: (please excuse the crappy pictures):

THIS ROCKS   Logged
erdbeerblau
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010 04:51:40 PM »

to be honest, i stalk you too.
i thought your avatar was a strange shaped sofa i had a lot of fun discovering they are elephants Smiley they're great.

I like your matryoshkas, the "pattern" on the offwhite scarf is so pretty! is it THE wolf?
have you ever seen a matryoshka-themed tree? i bet this would be great. there might be potential for a christmassy felt-matryoshka swap/craftalong.

i googled the target trees, they look interesting. and almost a little like the austrian/german easter trees. now i start to feel a little too off topic  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RedMarionette
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010 09:07:54 AM »

Hello!
Your patterns are adorable, unfortunately one of them is my copyrighted design. Please remove the sheep images. It states plainly in my shop that my designs are not to be used or published without the consent of Red Marionette.
Thank you for your cooperation.

www.redmarionette.com

THIS ROCKS   Logged
erdbeerblau
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010 09:27:54 AM »

i'm sorry.
first, i removed them, and i somehow think it's okay that you want that

if i had found your page, i would have seen, that you don't want me to post pictures of it, but it is a VERY generic pattern
to be honest about half of the children i know would draw a sheep as a cloud with pear-shaped head and ears.
i drew it weeks after seeing your sheep (for me a sign that this is not a very original pattern no offense, but that's what sheep seen from the front looks like),
i don't intend to sell it and i put up my pictures of something i made based on something everyone that can use internet is able to see.
i don't think you can prohibit that people make things they see if they don't want to sell them.

and that I did not put up a pattern for it.
that being said i removed the pictures mostly because i don't want any fight.  
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010 04:44:11 AM by erdbeerblau » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MmePaulita
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2010 08:54:43 AM »

I can't stand the cuteness!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
November 20, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Map Paper Pinecones
Ode To Coffee

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...