A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
109 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Upcycled sweater boots (w/mini tutorial!)  (Read 484498 times)
Tags for this thread: upcycle , sweater_boots , featured_project , tutorial , craftster_best_of_2010 , upcycled  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Lorash
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2010 01:19:51 PM »

I have been looking at these every day since you posted them... I guess I am a little bit of a stalker, but I want them so bad! haha I'll have to keep my eye out for a good, old sweater to use!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lisa C
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2010 06:59:08 AM »

I think I will do this with my old slippers, I don't like my new slippers so tadaaaa I will do this thanks for the inspiration.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fluxxii
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2010 07:10:51 AM »

This is BRILLIANT. Now I have a project with all of my old flats, hooray!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FLUXXII.COM: online consignment for indie artists
porcupinemamma
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2010 04:01:29 PM »

This is utterly brilliant!!! Way to go :0)!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pantastic
I'm kind of pantastic.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2010 06:18:20 PM »

This is absolutely clever and creative! These sweater boots look so cute (:
Thank you for sharing with us! Maybe I'll take a crack at this when my flats start to wear out ^^;
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ineedart
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2010 12:44:31 PM »

GENIUS!!! I love them!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.   ~Pablo Picasso

Looking for small but interesting scraps to make I Spy Quilts for my kids...will swap other fabric or ??
pettycache
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2010 04:53:04 PM »

Hi, all Smiley I'm new to posting, but I have lurked for some time. It really helps my creativity to see some of the things other people have made.

That being said, I still think I'm missing something on this tutorial in regards to the bottom of the boot.

I realize that the bottom of the boot is the bottom of the original shoe. However, in the pictures, we see the sweater sleeve getting glued to *and covering* the bottom of the show. How do I get back to the original shoe bottom? Do I cut off the sweater around the sole of the original shoe once the glue has dried? Am I mistaking what the photo shows and I should really just be gluing the sleeve to the tops of the shoes?

Sorry to be all confused!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
guitarchikk
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2010 08:42:32 PM »

These are AWESOME!!  Not even joking, when I saw this I literally sat here for 10 minutes and all I could say was Oh my goodness, Oh my goodness, Oh my goodness!  Good job!  I will be trying it very soon! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
weirdlilcraftychic

oh wow look at me

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2010 01:29:20 PM »

Hi, all Smiley I'm new to posting, but I have lurked for some time. It really helps my creativity to see some of the things other people have made.

That being said, I still think I'm missing something on this tutorial in regards to the bottom of the boot.

I realize that the bottom of the boot is the bottom of the original shoe. However, in the pictures, we see the sweater sleeve getting glued to *and covering* the bottom of the show. How do I get back to the original shoe bottom? Do I cut off the sweater around the sole of the original shoe once the glue has dried? Am I mistaking what the photo shows and I should really just be gluing the sleeve to the tops of the shoes?

Sorry to be all confused!!

From what I can tell, it is inside out when you glue it, then you turn it right side out afterward.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Urban Threads

Full tutorials!! http://tiny.cc/tutorials534

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2010 02:06:13 PM »

Hey

I just wanted to post something to make something clear. I am totally fine with people using this tutorial to make their own boots. You guys can even sell your swank boots on Etsy or wherever. I'm very cool with that, I even encourage it! (it would be really nice if you could say where you got the tute) The point of me posting it with a tutorial was to share it with people so they can make their own and have fun with it. That's what this place is for!

However... please do not sell a "pattern" for these boots, using the free tutorial posted. That's really not fair and in the spirit of sharing ideas. You can use this template to make your own tutorial if you like, but use your own boots and your own images. Don't use images of my boots to sell your stuff. I dont like to be mean and all yell-y. Please just make your own stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like the project?  Check out full tutorials for all posted projects at www.urbanthreads.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Green Tomato Pie
@Home This Weekend: Door Decor
June 20, 2019 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...