A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November Crafting Tips & Tricks: Check out Kittykill's latest DIY video, How to Make Glowing Wax Globes!
Total Members: 314,625
Currently Running With Scissors:
274 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Altered Fairy Tales Swap - 2 : The Gallery of Awesomeness!  (Read 21947 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

kissing.shadows

Snippity, Snip!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2010 11:14:42 AM »

Angelicus i so get what you mean. i try to stop swapping, and i can't every time i do i just feel weird. swapping/crafting is like my therapy i guess. without it i would go crazy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lunamadre
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2010 12:03:42 PM »

wow, great job trix_sha!  I looove the slippers and I can't believe the blanket covers a Queen size bed.....is it a quilt? The chesire cat box is scary but I like it!

By the way I love the gingerbread house letter organizer, that would make a cute recipe box if it were smaller too!

Virg is going to brave posting pics of my stuff tonight, I'm going to go ahead a post a few of mine just for the heck of it.  Thanks for the compliments so far!

Here is everything I sent:

I'm going to post some details of my favorite item.  I had a very hard time putting this journal in the box. lol 
So, I was thinking, what if the prince never showed up to revive Snow White?  Then I took her alteration suggestion of Latina/Day of the Dead, and imagined that the dwarves would still tend to her grave.
Here is the front cover:

The inside of the front cover:

The inside of the back cover:

And the back cover, dedicated to the Evil Queen.   I wrote Spanish text around the imagery that says envenenada (poisoned), manzana (apple), and bruja (witch).
I actually do not know Spanish, don't let my name and crafting fool you. lol

I'll let Virg post the rest of the details of my stuff. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fiorinda
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2010 03:27:56 PM »

Here are some pics of what I made for never_more--I know she's busy with school and having trouble getting her photos up.

The theme she gave me that I went with was a blue/white winter theme.  So I wrote her a little story about Rapunzel in the winter.  The basic story is that Rapunzel is sitting on her balcony crying, there is a blanket of fresh snow on the ground, and when her tears fall they turn to golden seeds, some of which make their way through the snow to blossom into flowers.  A flock of birds comes and eats the seeds, but one bird takes a bouquet of flowers to a lonely prince, who sets out in search of their source.  The flowers bring both the prince and Rapunzel hope that they will not always be alone.

So first--A set of embroidered buttons:

Second--A Journal Cover(and journal)--the picture is printed on fabric then I embroidered around the outside, her hair, and the little bush:

Third--A capelet:

And on the inside:

And a close up of the flowers:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lunamadre
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2010 04:20:58 PM »

Shocked DEAR GOD that is an awesome swap package!!!!!!!  Simply beautiful, love the story idea and the crafts are stunning!  I LOVE that bird on the capelet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fiorinda
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2010 05:42:52 PM »

Thank you lunamadre!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Virg
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2010 06:28:14 PM »

Fiorinda- love the journal and the story and the embroidered buttons and the bird.  Incredibly sweet.  Speaking of- I am glad to report picture success with Lunamadre's unbelievable package (Yay and thank you!):

Here's all the goodies (pic heavy):

She made these awesome Snow White earrings.  Since the queen couldn't stand to be away from her magic mirror. 

She also made this incredible makeup bag!  Its lined, beaded  and softer than my cat.  And she made it without a pattern.  Its an alteration of the six swan brothers- one brother was missing a sleeve of his magical sweater because the sister was busy making this with her magical yarn:

The large, was an incredible Snow White/Day of the Dead/What if Prince Charming never comes journal that lunamadre already posted.

fShe also sent these incredible cards- the first an alteration on the robber bride groom, where the heroine and old lady stitch the young lady together again.  And then kill the murderers and take over the castle.  The second is the little brother from the six swan brothers- with his one winged arm.  :-) 

And finally we have the chola introductury card.  According to one of my favorite youtube tutorials, the Queen from Snow White, totally a chola. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOOlcdpfLg

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2010 07:54:10 PM »

I love the gingerbread house letter holder and I love the freakily cool imprisoned Cheshire Cat!
fiorinda, your entire package is just beautiful! I adore that journal.
I'm hunting for my camera to post pictures of jungianwanderer's lovely package. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the end, only kindness matters.
BugPop
Queen BUG!

I Was A Teenage Werewolf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2010 03:27:06 AM »

Ahhhh! Loadsa gorgeous stuff!  Grin My partner just let me know that she received, but cant post pictures yet as she's away from home. So am I but will try to get pix off of my laptop. Also she said she cant send mine til 27th, so I gotta wait a while longer yet! More time to get excited!  Wink x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2010 10:12:00 AM »

I finally managed to get pictures uploaded from jungianwanderer's wonderful package. Without further ado:
(most)Everything all together:

The coolest journal/storybook ever where the story is mixed in with the blank pages:
I didn't photograph it very well, but the journal pages are cut in a curve like a woman's waist- very cool! Each journal page has pretty silver triskeles on it that she drew,: and the story (Cinderella as a domme) is hilarious, especially the ending I love it!!!
She made a me a pretty embroidered bookmark as a bonus. It says "Down the rabbit hole"- I love Alice in Wonderland! It was very camera-shy:
And she altered two more tales for me and wrote them on this very cool little ... um...thing (I'm not sure what to call it): Sleeping Beauty on one side and The Little Mermaid on the other. More pics because I just love this! All unfolded:
and left to its own devices it turns into this neat thing:

In this new (and improved!) version, lovely but stupid Sleeping Beauty is awakened by the brave Celeste, who decides she's clever enough for the both of them and marries her. Celeste's lucky feather charm: This is so much lovelier in person- I took about a million pics, but none showed it well. I'm going to hang it on my rearview mirror in my pretty new(ish) car.
And this lovely box:
goes along with the revised Little Mermaid, where there is no prince and Ariel just wants to see the world. Unfortunately the container full of yummy-smelling salt scrub that she made me didn't survive the postal service: Alas! (And thank goodness for extremely well-sealed wrapping! Which makes it all the more ridiculous that it broke) It still smells nice though- very citrusy- and I'm going to just add some more oil to it.
Also the pretty shiny burgundy background in these picks is a nice satin pillowcase that she made me. Thanks so much, jungianwanderer- I love everything!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010 10:25:23 AM by Dragonflywer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the end, only kindness matters.
sin esperanza
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2010 11:33:42 AM »

Hi y'all,

Nice work!  I especially love the gingerbread house letter organiser, the snow white earrings, the celeste charm and the cape.  Can't wait to see more.

x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I hate handing over money for what I could just as easily do myself, it makes me nervous.  ~Sylvia Plath

My STS 33

Altered Fairy Tales Swap
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Clipboard Photo Display
Party with a Pumpkin Challenge Winner: Floral Pumpkin Centerpiece
November 15, 2017 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...