A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
NOVEMBER NEWS: Did you vote for the best DIY costume yet?
Total Members: 314,820
Currently Running With Scissors:
241 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Buttons  (Read 116110 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Adalia
« Reply #170 on: June 15, 2007 11:37:46 PM »

Here is what I made, my button bouquet. I love it so much, but it was a gift for a friend who also loved it alot. I have more of these pretty buttons I might just make another =). Hope you like. (I also etched the glass...if you can see it)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 15, 2007 11:58:35 PM »

That's very pretty! Love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
cadillac.tramp
Born to Lose, Destined to Fail.

With a Golden Heart comes a Rebel Fist

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 16, 2007 12:09:03 AM »

that's beautiful!  I love the simplicity of it, and the colours of the buttons.  I think I might make some for my house, it looks great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When there's no more room in Hell, the Dead will walk the Earth.

www.myspace.com/xboondockxsaintx
bron
« Reply #173 on: June 16, 2007 12:51:53 AM »

That's beautiful, and a very clever idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
idrinktea
« Reply #174 on: June 16, 2007 01:12:01 AM »

That's fantastic! I really like the vase too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Adalia
« Reply #175 on: June 16, 2007 11:01:09 AM »

thanks so much!! It was my first official completed craft....My sis is big in crafting and I guess you could say I am starting to follow her ways (with a very different style). This summer will definitely be filled with fun crafts =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 16, 2007 12:56:21 PM »

I don't know if this was posted already (I only read up to page 6), but you could put a bunch of buttons on a bunch of string and make a cool curtain to hang in front of your room or anywhere for that matter. =)

Oh, that's an awesome idea!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jennygurl
He knows me better than I know myself

Smile til it hurts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: July 05, 2007 11:42:19 AM »

A month or two ago, I was in the I love Jesus Swap, and I made some button hair ties for my partner.

I just took a large button ( the large kind with good size holes, or the ones with the small hook attached to the back), a thin hair band- or hair tie as I say, I use the skinny colorful kind that you can get in a large bunch. I used the ones that were cloth like and not the colorful ones that are smaller with the gold thread in them- those are a bit rough,and some really cool fabric and Aileen's all purpose tacky glue.- love that glue got it for 99cents! Wahoo! ok anyway.
The button needs to have a hole large enough for the hair tie to fit through it. So I bought large buttons with good sized holes, you can use the ones with a semi hook on the back as well. First take your button and place the hair band through one hole of the button and out the other. This will take some wiggling! Then create a knot by slipping the right side of band in the loop of the other side of the band that is hanging down from the button. Pull the right side of the band until the left side that you just put it through tightens and eventually the left side will but butt up against the button and what WAS the right side will just be the loop to put your hair through. Hope that makes sense! NOW you take your button and place it on the wrong side of the fabric you want to use. Make a circle around it a bit larger. Cut this circle out, place the tacky glue on the top of the button- Be careful too much glue will seep through the fabric and around the ends of the fabric you place on the button its very messy- Place the fabric on the button top, use a little more glue on the underside of the button near the loop hole and tuck the extra fabric hanging off the button the the underside. Place your button loop side up and let dry. Then you can use in your hair! Wahoo!
 For the heart one shown above I just bought a really cool button with a semi hook on the back and place the band through it. Easy Peasy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness" Psalm 17:15
http://beautymania.ecrater.com/-beauty on a budget
blingaling
Blingaling - Playful Art from Recycled Objects

Blingaling - Playful Art from Recycled Objects

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: July 09, 2007 09:57:35 PM »

I like to make brooches and magnets out of layered buttons.  They make really nice gifts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come visit my webshop at http://www.blingaling.etsy.com
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 10, 2007 08:17:21 AM »

I like to make brooches and magnets out of layered buttons.  They make really nice gifts!

Oh yeah! I've seen tons of those around. Really cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Jewelry Art
November 14, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cupcake Bath Bombs

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...