A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 315,252
Currently Running With Scissors:
225 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Scrapbook restoration  (Read 2399 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

fourpeasss
« on: April 26, 2005 04:51:45 AM »

I was hoping some of you might be able to help me out with this. I found my mother's old scrap book from 1967. It doesn't have many photos in it but TONS of newspaper articles about the red sox winning the world series. They were all taped on with double sided tape and they're all falling off the pages and the tape left marks on the scrapbook paper. I want to find a way to restore the scrapbook without taking away it's antique value. Do you get what i mean? I just wanna restore it or re-do it so it still feels like its the one she made years ago but at the same time restore it so there aren't pages falling out so it can preserved through time. I should also mention, that the book itself is falling apart. Okay, thanks for any help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kerrypez77
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005 01:44:28 PM »

What a great idea. I recommend a new scrapbook with acid free pages. Newspaper is notorious too for turning yellow and getting crinkled. It might be too late to stop this process, but you could slow it down at least. There is a spray you can get at either scrapbook or craft stores that neutralizes the acid in things. It is very stinky, but it works. Something less smelly, but more expensive is to get color copies of all the articles and then store the articles themselves in an acid free envelope at the end of the book.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mini Book Jewelry
Let's Spool Up!
Meatless Monday: Spinach and Cheese Gnocchi Bake

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...