A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
NOVEMBER NEWS: Did you vote for the best DIY costume yet?
Total Members: 314,825
Currently Running With Scissors:
268 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 194
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 DeStash-Along-CLOSED--Join us in the 2011 Destash Along  (Read 261105 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Rinoa1024
« Reply #1430 on: September 19, 2010 11:20:29 PM »

I LOVE how your woven blanket looks LaughingLark!

I've been slogging away on and off on a lacy cardigan.  The only thing I've finished lately is a dog sweater for a co-worker's dog (no pictures unfortunately Sad) and this hat that I cast on and finished today.  I needed something mindless to knit while watching football and I've been trying to figure out what to make with this random ball of Rowan Chunky Print.  Ysolda's Urchin fit the bill nicely. Smiley

I'm finding it hard to motivate myself to finish this cardi.  All that's left is to block the pieces, sew them together, and knit the buttonbands and neckband.  Lately, I'm finding that I'd much rather lay in bed and read than finish this project.  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CynthiaButterfly

Love is being stupid together

View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: September 20, 2010 07:12:21 AM »

I got my sewing stash out yesterday, and there is a big piece of quilted fabric I bought to make a light summer quilt for my new king bed...... 5 years ago?

Anyway, it was 2 pieces that needed to be sewn together and then have the edges finished, and I bought coordinating seam tape to use for that, and then threw it in a box in the garage.

So yesterday I got the seams done, and finished 3 of the 4 edges before my back hurt so much I couldn't sit anymore.

Valentine's day this year I got out a bag of granny squares I had made while I was pg with baby #1, and put them together. I gave the blanket to my son as a gift, he is 6 now.

If you couldn't tell, procrastination is my middle name! I am very good at it, especially when it comes to large projects. If I can't finish it in an hour, I just don't try.

I also have a huge piece of satin-like fabric, pale green with a cherry blossom print on it. I bought it to make a dress (8 years ago? ish) and now that I no longer need a dress made from 8 yards of fabric, I'm going to use it to make curtains for my bedroom. Wish me luck and check back with me in about 4 more years, I might have something else done!! hahaha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.
LaughingLark
« Reply #1432 on: September 20, 2010 11:01:59 AM »

CynthiaButterfly , sounds like you operate like me.  Cheesy Kudos on getting so much work done on the quilt, and finishing the blanket. That satin fabric sounds like it would make lovely curtains. Now I want cherry blossom curtains.

Rinoa1024, that hat is adorable! Now you have a pretty hat all ready before the cold weather comes.

Sometimes if I am having trouble getting through a project, and I must get it done, I listen to an audio book while I work. Nothing really cerebral, something fun like a mystery or romantic suspense. If I get caught up in the story, I can keep going for hours and marathon craft.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CynthiaButterfly

Love is being stupid together

View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: September 21, 2010 09:39:31 AM »

I actually finished my quilt! It's in the wash now. I really am not looking forward to measuring and cutting my curtains. Satin fabric is such a pain to work with, even more than jersey, at least for me. I am determined to have them done by this weekend though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.
gaudiknight
« Reply #1434 on: September 22, 2010 08:53:33 AM »

Quick pic of a dishcloth I finished over the weekend.  Started in on the Christmas knitting and already feel like I'm behind.  Whoohoo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1435 on: September 22, 2010 02:36:10 PM »

Cute dishcloth Gaudiknit. I love working that pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vampedangel14
Easily craftstracted!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1436 on: September 25, 2010 12:53:09 PM »

So I just went to a very small fiber festival and bought a drop spindle and two balls of roving to try spinning! I also picked up a kit for something called punch needle embroidery that looks really fun. I didn't have enough money to by more than two colors for it, but I bought orange and black for Halloween so I can make some pumpkins and things. Cheesy

Regarding my stash, I still have a scarf halfway done that I started the other week. I've also been thinking about getting rid of my clay stuff. I have not used any of it in a long time and I have a ton of it. Still deciding though on that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vampedangel14
Easily craftstracted!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1437 on: September 25, 2010 04:13:40 PM »

So, tried out the drop spindle and got very p.o'd at it. The yarn kept coming out from under the hook while spinning so I'd drop it on the floor. It was also making it hard to keep from getting fat in parts or not spinning at all. I put that aside after finishing one strip and I'll try it again another day. Now I'm going to try the needle punch. Hopefully with better results.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

darkladymajesta
« Reply #1438 on: September 25, 2010 04:18:19 PM »

So, tried out the drop spindle and got very p.o'd at it. The yarn kept coming out from under the hook while spinning so I'd drop it on the floor. It was also making it hard to keep from getting fat in parts or not spinning at all. I put that aside after finishing one strip and I'll try it again another day. Now I'm going to try the needle punch. Hopefully with better results.

Drop Spindles are quite difficult to get the hang of. Don't give up Smiley You will get it one day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gaudiknight
« Reply #1439 on: September 25, 2010 06:27:34 PM »

From experience I can say that drop spindles are very hard to teach yourself.  If you can find a friendly spinner, I highly recommend begging for a demonstration.  Or youtube videos...  But it is a lot of fun once you get the hang of it.

All this reminds me I have some roving in stash I need to get spinning.  'Scuse me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 194 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Elf on a Shelf Doll
Time to Feast!
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Pie Wontons

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...