A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
December Announcement: It's time for our Eighth Annual Gingerbread Contest!  Craft and enter a project for a chance to win a prize!
Total Members: 319,834
Currently Running With Scissors:
205 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 194
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2010 DeStash-Along-CLOSED--Join us in the 2011 Destash Along  (Read 248278 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #550 on: February 18, 2010 03:29:39 PM »

I think your hat looks just wonderful. If you had not pointed out the stitches were 'wonky', I would have thought it was a design element.

My first needle knit hat is done! It's knitted in the round, and since I was too lazy to make a swatch first, I knitted it way too big for anyone in my family.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

momcuellar
« Reply #551 on: February 18, 2010 09:58:34 PM »

I'm at work and can't see the pictures.  I promise I'll look at them tomorrow morning at home!! 

I am finishing projects, but must confess, made a day of hopping from one big lots to the other here in El Paso to look for $1.50 lion brand suede.  They also have the chenille on sale for $3.00.  Then, I saw some art canvases for $5.00.  Thank goodness there was no suede left and any stores, and I walked out of the last store with just with a bag of easter chicks!!  I won't even tell you about today's trip!!  More later, work is getting busy!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Catch a Falling Star & Put It In Your Pocket, Never Let It Fade Away.
Catch a Falling Star & Put It In Your Pocket, Save It For A Rainy Day.
LaughingLark
« Reply #552 on: February 19, 2010 03:02:30 AM »

Thanks, everyone!

I did kind of like the slouchy-ness of the hat, but I doubt I can get it from the toy box unnoticed to try fixing it. Ian likes it because he can just throw it on his head effortlessly, like a helmet.  Cheesy

I might try making another hat that is too big, on purpose. I think that one had 88 stitches. Then I will see what happens when I add some single crochet for the brim. Perhaps I'll end up with a slouchy hat. I surely have enough yarn to experiment with. Wink

I did my first amigurumis yesterday. These donuts are from this pattern, and I used the same Red Heart "Cherry Chip" yarn that I used on the hat:
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80113AD.html?r=1#reviews

I'm not quite ready to move on to a harder pattern just yet, but these are fun, and I'll probably make Ian a dozen out of my little leftover yarn balls.

Me again. I'm just going to add this to my last post instead of making a new one. I still have a little bit of the RH Cherry Chip left in my stash, so I tried out making a scrubbie this morning. This was fun, and quite forgiving. I accidentally reduced the amount of stitches by three before I was done, but I was able to ease it all together for sewing. Practice will make it easier to do the diagonal increases and decreases. I'm glad I did it. Now, to go wash up the morning dishes with it. I let them sit there while I made it.  Cheesy

Pattern used:
http://crochetpatternsonly.blogspot.com/2005_05_16_crochetpatternsonly_archive.html
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010 08:59:47 AM by LaughingLark » THIS ROCKS   Logged

momcuellar
« Reply #553 on: February 19, 2010 10:21:10 AM »

MMMM donuts.  they actually look good enough to eat!!  The hat is so cute!!  The wash cloths are nice too!!    I haven't seen that yarn color here in town.  I like the name of it though.  good job!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Catch a Falling Star & Put It In Your Pocket, Never Let It Fade Away.
Catch a Falling Star & Put It In Your Pocket, Save It For A Rainy Day.
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #554 on: February 19, 2010 03:07:46 PM »

I like the color of that Cherry Chip too. I'm just not so sure I could crochet something just to put it in the sink.  Undecided
It's too cute to get all yucky! Wink
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010 03:08:10 PM by KLKing » THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #555 on: February 20, 2010 10:56:40 AM »

wow--I am going to use that pattern with my plastic bag yarn!  I am afraid that I would not be able to use a pretty one with all the grease and stuff!! Thanks for the link--I have about four bags of plastic yarn ready to go!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2017 109/125
PINTEREST
Free Readers Digest book covers! PM me!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #556 on: February 20, 2010 12:04:17 PM »

I just saw pics in a swap of scrubbies made from onion bags!! how cool is that!  I am at work but screwing off...so I might as well go home and make something...blah...I hate tax season...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PINTEREST
hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 21, 2010 09:04:53 AM »

I bought some dish scrubbies at a show before xmas that were done in crochet with a huge hook and made out of strips of netting (the kind you'd use to make a tutu). Fantastic gentle abrasive texture and looked pretty easy to make. The lady was quite literally finishing them off in a couple of minutes and then selling them for a buck. An excellent craft show item I think.w

My grandma made me one of those. It works really well. She said it was easy except the netting she used made her hands hurt. I told her that she needed to take them to craft shows.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
LaughingLark
« Reply #558 on: February 21, 2010 10:43:36 AM »

The scrubbies are a great way to use up scratchy acrylic yarns. The rougher the yarn, the better. I thought about making a few out of sugar and cream, but in my Missouri climate, they would get a mildew smell in a few hours. Not so much a problem in the winter, but once the warm humid weather comes back...

I would love to try making the nylon netting ones, but I keep reading that the netting breaks a lot, and it's rough on the hands, so maybe that's not something for a new crocheter, unless they already have netting in the stash. Sooner or later, I will try it, though. They look like great scrubbies! Smiley

I found this pattern that interests me, and I may try it with acrylic yarn instead of the sugar and cream and see how it works out. I need a bit more practice crocheting in the round, and this looks like a good project for that:
http://melaniebug.tripod.com/suzetta%27s_scrubbie.htm
After I learn it and get better at it, it would make good gifts out of pretty sugar and cream, I think.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #559 on: February 21, 2010 03:04:58 PM »

ok used up about half of the four skeins of simply soft  yarn I purchased for making hats for charity...I made six hats of these colors...

Baby hat with ear flaps

Child hats with bobbles

I have enough yarn to make another four hats, I think and then I am done with this charity for this year!  Thanks for looking!

ha ha I just realized when I saw the pics that the child hat looks like a toilet paper cosy!! Maybe I need to make one of those!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010 03:06:51 PM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PINTEREST
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 194 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Mini Heart Pinata
Oh, deer!
@Home This Weekend: Stylish Jacket For Your Pooch

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...