A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 321,178
Currently Running With Scissors:
209 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Holiday Treats for Gifts (pic heavy)  (Read 1629 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

suganspyyce
« on: December 28, 2009 05:43:33 PM »

This year I decided to make goodies for presents instead of trying to figure out what to shop for.  Who doesn't like a platter full of yummy treats?  I made about 8 or 9 treats and a cake for my sister.  I didn't give away the Melting Moments because, to me, they just didn't taste good.  Next time I will try the Mexican Wedding Cookie version instead.  Other than that, everything tasted great!

Cookie Platters- My Mama requested the Neiman Marcus ones so she has a lot in her platter, I also had buckets with cookies in them but I didn't have time to photograph them.

Heart Wreaths- idea comes from Gourmet Mom on-the-Go (made with tiny heart cutters and placed together)

Brownie Roll-outs (from Smitten Kitchen) with Peanut Butter drizzle (the drizzle was a last minute change, I was going to put mint buttercream and candy cane bits but already had something minty), Chocolate Crinkles (Joy of Baking)

Simple Fudge (Martha Stewart)  I also made a batch of this without nuts for my husband's grandpa.

Neiman Marcus Cookie (hoax version as per the Brown Eyed Baker)

Melting Moments (not one of Joy of Baking's best, great texture but tasted like a mouthful of flour)

Chocolate Peppermint Cookies (Martha Stewart, Holiday Magazine issue Dec 2008, on site as well)

Mini Pecan Pies (Bakerella)

Sorta Traditional Style Red Velvet Cake (whipped cream cheese frosting instead of a roux icing)

I also made sugar cookies to decorate but didn't get the time to decorate them.  I'll be having Christmas cookies on New Year's, lol.  Thanks for looking and can't wait to do it again!

« Last Edit: December 28, 2009 09:01:20 PM by suganspyyce » THIS ROCKS   Logged
krafty119
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009 07:30:30 PM »

Those all look so super yummy!! I love the joy of cooking ones the best!! Send me some, would ya???  Grin (just kidding!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sminto
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009 11:18:00 AM »

Uhh feel free to send goodies to me anytime haha Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein
Check out my blog, Scissors and a Whisk!
rileyartie
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009 04:55:18 PM »

Yum! I'd love an edible gift like that. Smiley I especially like the wreath cookies. They are adorable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
treee
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009 07:47:37 AM »

I love making edible gifts to give at gifts for Christmas. melting moments are one of my favorite cookies. I liked the selection of cookies you made. this year I made only 6 different kind. want to try making (Bakerella) mini pecan pies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suganspyyce
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009 12:04:49 PM »

Thanks everyone!  While baking everything, I thought, there's no way I'll be baking anything for awhile!  I was itching to bake something the next day, lol.  I'll have to wait tho, since they're are still extras in the house. 
Treee- Definitely give it a go!  I only used half of the recipe and they still came out great!  It made 16 small pies with a little left over.  The small shells aren't as hard to find as the comments on her post suggest.  I got mine at Walmart for less than two dollars for a pack of 8.  Her recipe is pretty much a doubled version of the recipe on the back of the Karo syrup bottle, replacing brown sugar for the white sugar. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Dragonflies in the Yard
Tute Tuesday: Mini Messenger Bag
Black and White and Red All Over

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...