A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
150 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Baby Shower for My Sister-In-Law!  (Read 18963 times)
Tags for this thread: baby_shower , diaper_cake , baby_cake  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
bennaka1010
« on: December 28, 2009 09:47:22 AM »

Hey Craftsters..
Just thought I would share some pictures from the baby shower that I threw for my sister-in-law. The shower was in late November, but I'm just now getting around to posting pictures!

This is the cake I made..I got the idea from a baby shower website..I think it turned out well!

Dessert Table..The cookies are small sugar cookies, frosted, and have cream cheese mints on top. The mints have different baby patterns on them (such as bottles..).

The food table..

The diaper cake I made..Before you ask the question in your head, "Did they really name the baby Soot?" The answer is no. Smiley My brother and sis-in-law had a fire that destroyed there house in late October..and since they aren' planning on telling us the baby's name until he is born (in a couple of weeks), we have just nicknamed him Soot. Haha.

The back of the cake..

More decorations..the monkey and the elephant are made out of diapers..

This was one of the games we played..guests had to find matches of a pregnancy term and a candy. . For example, "sperm" went with "Swedish Fish." "Hospital Bill" went with "100 Grand." "(Name of Father)" went with "Nerds" Smiley It turned out well.

This was the guestbook we used. My sis-in-law, the other girl that helped me throw the shower, and myself are all teachers so we love children's book. This is an oversized version of the book, and we just had guests sign the inside cover.

These are more decorations..I made all of these onesies using fabric paint.

I made these ribbons for the mommy-to-be and the two grandma-to-be's. I got the idea from a fellow craftster. I just painted the elephant's in the midddle. They match the baby bedding.

My helper Rosy, my sister-in-law, and myself after a successful baby shower!

What do you think?  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged
punkrockkitten1
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009 10:16:45 AM »

thats awesome!!! outstanding job on the cake... very very cute Smiley made me giggle seeing it at first lol... i love the idea of the game with the candies... very original! great job on the shower and congrats to your brother and your sister in law!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Belladune
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009 10:27:35 AM »

wonderful job!  The cake cake is soo cute, the Diaper cake is classy and not overdone like some you see.  And those onsies are great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wrote a book!!! A book on spinning! You can find it here: The Trifecta of Hand Spun Yarn
 website with links to everything!
facebook
horrormaedchen
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009 02:03:29 PM »

How beautiful!!!! Shocked
I am absolutely loving every bit of it. You put so much love and effort into it. I bet the mommy to be had a great time. If I ever have a baby (not planning yet) I would want a shower like that. I'll be in touch Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jinjeet Phoenix
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010 09:37:49 AM »

Everything is just plain awesome.  The "decorations" the absolutely sweet (butt) cake...both cakes actually and the food.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alishamarie

Imagine all the people...living life in peace

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010 09:43:39 PM »

really impressive!!!

LOVE the game...never heard of that one! hilarious. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think everybody should like everybody.
            -andy warhol
kita818
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010 02:48:03 PM »

Im on here looking for ideas for a shower I will be co-planning in a few months.. my pregnant friend likes monkeys and I am IN LOVE with your diaper monkey! How did you do that??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftmagicmomma

winner winner chicken dinner

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010 05:33:22 AM »

Great job!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bennaka1010
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010 11:56:16 AM »

Im on here looking for ideas for a shower I will be co-planning in a few months.. my pregnant friend likes monkeys and I am IN LOVE with your diaper monkey! How did you do that??

I saw it on Craftster a long time ago..https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=256115.0..

I basically just tried to copy it as I saw it in that picture. I used floral wire to keep the diapers together..Basically wrapped the diapers around the wire and tried to assemble it as best as I could.

That's the best way I know of explaining it. Haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mrs_cunningham
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010 10:24:11 AM »

thats SO cool!!! love the baby shower game!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can't wait to meet my little man! 10-11-10! <3
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Sweater Snake
Tute Tuesday: Take Anywhere Picnic Playset
Crafting For Good

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...