A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
196 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 616843 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Ariethine
« Reply #950 on: January 19, 2010 09:25:07 AM »

I've used carrying the thread before. I was making a black and white project.. and an orange and something... but I don't recall what they were. it's a nice technique though. Btw, alwaysinmyroom, I've finished one small thing for you, the same night I finished the hat for you know who. I haven't made your kitty toys yet though. I'll do that very soon. Smiley Right now I'm inspecting my lovely thrift store find... I got a jewelry box that stands up, and it has 4 drawers, a mirror in a glass panel doored compartment, and a top with sections and places for rings, a GREAT buy for me, 5.00 but the lining is spotted and gross and falling off in some places. So guess what my new project to add to my list is? Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieVal
There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #951 on: January 19, 2010 09:27:08 AM »

Alwaysinmyroom-The tutorial I used he showed to join in the new color, then cut off the first color. So that's what I did every single row. So every row has ends to be woven in!! I've done some of them...Is there any easier way? I'm new to "real" crocheting!

ARe you weaving in your ends with a yarn needle, or a crochet hook? I use a crochet hook because I find it easier.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieVal
There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #952 on: January 19, 2010 09:30:25 AM »

Also- heres a tutorial that shows a fairly simple way to weave ends with a yarn needle. http://crochet.about.com/library/bl_weave_ends.htm
I get that weaving can get pretty time consuming though..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #953 on: January 19, 2010 10:34:42 AM »

I am presently at the  TRY-ON BEFORE KNITTING Sleeves of my sweater.
As much as I love it so far, Either I need to go on a diet, Or my daughter is gettin it! And due to the fact that I can't make 2 of the same thing... because that would be boring..I'm just a little dissappointed... Not that it won't fit, but I wanted more looseness in it. It is supposed to lay open down the front about 2 inches, what I have now looks more like 4 inches. BUT, otherwise, I am pleased. And, since there was no pattern exactly, I took info from several old patterns.
Won't be long... this one will be done soon, and I'll be on to something else.
At the same time, I've been doing a cross-stitch that I rescued from the thrift. There was no floss. Thanks to my huge supply of floss, 3/4 of it from a thrift-store-score, I'm well underway with it. However... I find that if mom is anywhere around, she can never stop talking, so I've been constantly having to correct stitches. You know... there is a reason it's called "Counted Cross Stitch"!LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #954 on: January 19, 2010 10:44:25 AM »

lol--I hate it when people yabber at me and I am trying to count...I am doing the all boards craftalong and totally forgot about cross stitch---it has been years, but I bet I can get back to it...

A sweater---geeze...I have one sleeve done for about five years now...can't wait to see it--I would have no clue how to even start without a pattern but I think I need to move beyone the scarf and hat stage in both knitting and crochet...

ariethine--the old jewelry box will be a great project!! I would look at the shrines that are on here and make it look like one of those....only bigger, of course!

I will be mailing out your package tomorrow...I needed to de-stash so some of it is coming to you--ha ha--yes, I am cheating, sorry, but it will be your job to de-stash it now...ha ha ha
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010 10:49:07 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pantsafari
« Reply #955 on: January 19, 2010 11:26:46 AM »

I started cleaning and coing through my craft supplies...and in the process i found more UFO's. so they are getting added! Now I just need to actually get crafting. Im about half way through both swaps on my list.

1. Ringbearer Pillow and purse for my friends wedding. (Im counting this as one since they both need to be done for the same event)
2. Finish Tshirt Quilt
3. Finish Devils Puzzle Quilt
4. Add legs to, and refinish end table thingie (that currently houses crafty supplies)
5. Snake Scarf For Megan
6. Re-Line Lavendar winter coat
7. Finish Snowflake scarf for myself
8. Quilt for my nephew
9. baby mahem for my sister in law! (once we find out what shes having)
10. more baby stuff for friend Rachel (its a girl!)
11. more baby stuff for friend chelsea (its a boy!)
12. taggie banket (its half done)
13.Crafting for whimsie swap
14.crafting for frugal living swap
15.2 soda can picture frames
16. Baby stuff for best friend's sister. (zebra print!)
17. Harry Potter scarf
18. Finish painting tiny box that I bought years ago
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The never ending quest for pants continues...
GrindHouseHussy19
Guess Im at the right spot!! lol Here to craft an' chat!! woohoo!!!

Member of CAA- Crafting Addicts Anonymous

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #956 on: January 19, 2010 11:56:41 AM »

Things are looking awesome in here!!!! Some are going to be added to my list for sure!!!! I really want to try those yoga pants outta t shirts!!! but I still have to get my monster purse sewn FIRST!!!!! lol Things have been a little rough around here and I have to get back into the swing things but I will be post more soon!!! xo

-GH
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ariethine
« Reply #957 on: January 19, 2010 12:06:44 PM »

What I need to do is finish cleaning my living room. And then I think I need to make my WIP triangle fold coaster I was making. I didn't put it in my list of 50, but it's on my UFO list in the other craftalong. I've only sewn up one, although I had cut, folded and pressed for two. Oh well. So close to being done.
As for the next on my 50 list... I'm not really sure. I've been wanting to make a ferret cuddle sling (an add on to my list). I think that might be it. But I usually just sit and stare at my list until something pops out. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #958 on: January 19, 2010 12:07:41 PM »

I wish I could brave a sweater that wasn't for a doll or a baby/kid. Good luck, want to see pictures when your all done too.

Casey1201- i think your stethoscope bag is cute.  

princessacademy- Remember it's your first baby afghan, you'll always remember your first one. Plus they'll only get better.

I finished my Afghan that was in progress. I used some stash supplies and then some. I hated that I needed to buy more since I was trying to destash. I used Red Heart acrylic yarn. Hope it gets softer after a few washes, its not right now. So now I can check this off my list:

Final product ready to be given to my grandparents.

Two of my favorite squares. I think its the color combos. Cheesy

Now that it's finished I have to get started on the other 49+ things on my list. Yay!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010 12:10:43 PM by v3nu5 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #959 on: January 19, 2010 12:33:26 PM »

That's a lovely afghan! The one I made had to be mended after washing.
It was also red-heart yarn. I wasn't happy with the pilling I got from washing it. So... I caution you to use a tumbler-style washer, and don't put anything with it. Plus plenty of fabric softener, and dry it on medium , only till JUST dry. 20-30 minutes max.
But, it looks like you did a fine job joining your pieces!
And, I really love the bright colors!
As for the sweater... I just discovered I had not matched my stitch count going up the front. One side of crochet edging had too many loops. SO... I am about to sit down and fix it. I thought I'd get the edging done before doing the sleeves. Just to break up the project and get a little immediate gratification! There will be photos... I'll post some progress pics soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...