A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
293 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 616630 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
pinokeeo

You cannot master what you will not try

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: January 13, 2010 11:34:56 AM »

I don't have an answer for that, since this is only the second time I've used the paint, and I haven't tried to repaint.  It goes on just like any other paint, though, so I'm guessing that a little sanding to rough it up is all you need to paint over it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects challenge

52/50 done
Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #711 on: January 13, 2010 11:37:48 AM »

Is it too late to join in on this?  I NEVER craft for myself, and there are so many projects that it would be helpful if I'd go ahead and just take the time and do them for myself/my own household.  I just did 1 of 50, I guess.  I crocheted my son a thick winter hat out of bulky yarn.  Now, let me think of 49 more.  LOL 

Seriously, though, I can join in, or are y'all too many days in?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
QueenNinjaMonkey

Write that down in your pirate pad.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #712 on: January 13, 2010 11:39:33 AM »

I didn't join the last round until like April.  Cheesy  So yes, join us!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest

50 Projects In 2015
0/50
My List
yofi
« Reply #713 on: January 13, 2010 11:45:02 AM »

A few more things finished last night, and I was so energized I got up this morning and made a big pot of black bean chili.  Picked up a loaf of bread on the way to work and took the chili in a crockpot with bowls of sour cream, cheddar cheese and cilantro.  Gone in less than an hour -- I didn't even get to take a picture!

#2 Baby items

A little bunny buddy to go with a blanket for a friends foster baby.  Using up more stash.

And a diagnonal baby blanket made with stash Thick-and-Quick -- I like that fat yarn, but I hate weaving in the ends.

Also picked up a cabinet sewing machine at the school district warehouse for $5.  Still need to check it out and see how well it works, but I'm already looking forward to sanding down the cabinet (currently etched with kids initials and band names) and decorating it for my new craft room.

Love this cold weather and all the snow!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010 12:01:41 PM by yofi » THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #714 on: January 13, 2010 11:47:33 AM »

ha ha QNM--did you prorate your number to 41.5 projects? ha ha

Oh thanks pinokeeo--I was wondering if it was like regular paint or not...I could test a wall in the basement to see...I also read that tip of the member that said it had to be seasoned!

I am guessing that at the rate some members are going, there will be those that go beyond 50 projects and some will get only big projects done--it is however you want to motivate yourself...please join aikibookworm!!  This has been great fun!

Cute baby items yofi!  The diagonal blanket is very nice!  And your chili made me hungry!

« Last Edit: January 13, 2010 11:50:59 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

blupaisan
I work for Cats.

I am the DandiGirl, koo koo ka choo.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #715 on: January 13, 2010 11:51:35 AM »

I'm joining in!  I have a list of thirty projects to do... I am sure that along the way, I will come up with twenty more.  I am not at home today, but tomorrow I will post my first project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are the Redcoats. And they are ours! Or tonight Becky Thatcher sleeps a widow!
PixieVal
There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #716 on: January 13, 2010 12:27:45 PM »

I am guessing that at the rate some members are going, there will be those that go beyond 50 projects and some will get only big projects done--it is however you want to motivate yourself...please join aikibookworm!!  This has been great fun!
Definately all a motivation technique! I've made some of my small stuff so far, and I'm trying to crank out the small things(enjoyable cranking though though, not like crazy "I hate you crochet hook! you've ruined my life!" cranking out), that way when I just have my big projects left like the quilts and afgans I want to do, I'll already have built myself up in my head("oh you wonderful craftster you. You can do ANYTHING!") and will have the motivation to finish the big projects.

thats the plan anyways!  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

« Reply #717 on: January 13, 2010 12:31:12 PM »

Seeing all of the quilt projects is motivating me to at least draw out my pattern and plan what fabrics I need to use up--and, I have not sewn clothing in years and have forgotten how wonderful it felt--and it was my first love when I learned how to sew...might have to add some clothes to my list...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dharma_rebel

Craftsters never say die.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #718 on: January 13, 2010 12:47:18 PM »

Is it too late to join in on this?  I NEVER craft for myself, and there are so many projects that it would be helpful if I'd go ahead and just take the time and do them for myself/my own household.  I just did 1 of 50, I guess.  I crocheted my son a thick winter hat out of bulky yarn.  Now, let me think of 49 more.  LOL 

Seriously, though, I can join in, or are y'all too many days in?

*waves at aikibookworm* of course you can join! So glad to have you with us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster member 08/22/2005 - 12/19/2019

"Like a comet pulled from orbit, as it passes a sun.
Like a stream that meets a boulder, halfway through the wood.
Who can say it I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you, I have been changed for good." ~Wicked
envirocraft
« Reply #719 on: January 13, 2010 01:14:41 PM »

I finished #35 from my list:

Tee shirt recon inspired by My Mama Made It.  https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=334151.0

Working on another one that I'll hopefully finish and post today too!!! This next one is to cover a stain!!! lol
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010 01:15:41 PM by envirocraft » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Crafts in 2010 27/50 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332114.msg3973417#msg3973417

http://envirocraftiness.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...