A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
221 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 616820 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Ariethine
« Reply #680 on: January 12, 2010 03:01:15 PM »

alwaysinmyroom i absolutely ADORE that scarf and hat set. Pompoms are a big YESYESYES for me!! And it looks so cozy. AND it's gorgeous. Wow.

I agree with teag that a sewing machine cover would be a super easy project, as your sewing machine is little more than a big uneven rectangular box, when you look at it raerae.

TheSapphireMoon, that is beautiful!! I think I like that dress more than the other one. Though it's kind of like a close tie. The flowers were pretty on the other one, but I love the color and design of that one. Smiley

I really like all your projects ageddert. Those donuts are probably my fav. though. Smiley

Very nice, lady4feet! I would be SO AFRAID to sew leather. Did you use a machine for it?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
bexieboo
« Reply #681 on: January 12, 2010 03:03:54 PM »

Called that for the gratuitous sideboob and hips visible under the surcoat...drove the men crazy back in the 1200s!  LOL!

Best. Sentence. Ever. Lol Cheesy I love the dress, it's really beautiful, and you can see all the effort you put into it.

Ageddert, girl you are on fire!! I predict you hitting your 50 in March at this rate!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady4feet

^Sushi. My problem child.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #682 on: January 12, 2010 03:33:09 PM »

alwaysinmyroom i absolutely ADORE that scarf and hat set. Pompoms are a big YESYESYES for me!! And it looks so cozy. AND it's gorgeous. Wow.

I agree with teag that a sewing machine cover would be a super easy project, as your sewing machine is little more than a big uneven rectangular box, when you look at it raerae.

TheSapphireMoon, that is beautiful!! I think I like that dress more than the other one. Though it's kind of like a close tie. The flowers were pretty on the other one, but I love the color and design of that one. Smiley

I really like all your projects ageddert. Those donuts are probably my fav. though. Smiley

Very nice, lady4feet! I would be SO AFRAID to sew leather. Did you use a machine for it?

I was terrified! It's sat in my craft room for over 6 months, I've picked it up several times to do it and put it down. I used my regular sewing machine, it's a brother brand not sure of the model it's just a basic one. I used a heavy weight needle and regular thread. I practiced on some of the scrap leather to make sure it wouldn't mar it to much before I started.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunnyface
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #683 on: January 12, 2010 03:38:35 PM »

I am blown away with all the projects people are finishing!  I'm pretty proud for getting one done in a week.

I finally finished the card for my Eye Spy bag, what I thought would be the simple part really ended up being a pain in the butt!  I'm also maybe 1/2 of the way done cleaning up my work area, I'm hoping to finish tonight after my bug goes to bed.

1. Eye spy bag for O 1/9/10

2. Button wreath
3. One page (at least) in my altered book journal each week (0/52) Better get on it for this week!
4. Knitting needle roll
5. Taggy book
6. Felt food for O (not sure how to break this up, as I hope to make lots!  It will probably be more than one item on my list, maybe I'll count every 5 or so...)
7. Paint picnic table
8. Felted bowls/boxes
9. Le Sac dress
10. Necklace for Sister
11. Embroidered napkin set
12. Leg warmer socks
13. Finish ABC altered puzzle
14. Learn to carve my own stamps (since I bought a kit months ago)
15. Organize, organize, organize (got the tree down finally, and dragged out some extra shelving for me.  Now to tackle the giant pile of stuff where my desk should be!)
16. Learn to crochet, make an amigurumi
17. Coffee cozy/sleeve of some sort
18. Felt mail kit for O
19. Roman shades using this tutorial
20. Vegetable garden (and keep it alive this year!)
21. Case for camera
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010 04:55:38 PM by bunnyface - Reason: add pictures, since I'm not posting anywhere else » THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon
It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #684 on: January 12, 2010 03:43:37 PM »

Thank you!  I am just relieved to be done making them, they really took a lot out of me...my first MAJOR clothing projects, aside from tunics and sleeveless tops and an Amy Butler Birdie Sling Smiley

Yeah I had to throw the side boob comment in there, bexieboo   Cheesy  Just wanted to give a little background on the costumes and all that is true according to the lore surrounding that style of dress.  

Ariethine, the olive green one was my fave from the beginning, even over that butterly tapestry material and butterflies are some of my fave creatures.  I also BARELY had enough of the butterfly material to make the first dress and I had to modify the pattern in the hips to fit me, so I had better like the oliave fabric or tough cookies!  LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥ Zoe ♥

STS Spring Market 2019
PINTEREST
Will personal swap for a crochet or knitted Totoro teapot cozy (see my Pinterest YARN board!)
pinokeeo

You cannot master what you will not try

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 12, 2010 04:24:29 PM »

More great projects. 

That leather jacket came out really good.  I'm trying to work up enough courage to try stitching leather on a sewing machine.  I've always done my leather work with a hand stitching awl, but I'm getting more requests for leather, so I have to figure out how to do it without tearing up my hands.

Well, my chalk board is done, but I'm going to wait until tomorrow to post, because I have to make sure the paint is set.  Then it has to cure for three days before I can use it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects challenge

52/50 done
lydiaharper
« Reply #686 on: January 12, 2010 05:00:01 PM »

the carrier: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=333992.0

I also finished the first cloth nappy, gratuitous cute baby photos to follow.

The carrier looks awesome.  You did a great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal
There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #687 on: January 12, 2010 05:10:57 PM »

Bunnyface! I've never seen an eyespy bag before-that is awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieVal
There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #688 on: January 12, 2010 05:25:32 PM »

Okay, my 3rd and 4th projects for 2010, a cowl for me and a cowl for my mom. There a lot shorter than the cowls that are popular right now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bunnyface
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.

« Reply #689 on: January 12, 2010 05:54:29 PM »

Bunnyface! I've never seen an eyespy bag before-that is awesome!

Thanks!  I think I like playing with it more than my two year old right now, she just wants me to open it for her so she can get at everything inside.

I was inspired by this one, but I did mine a little bigger (the window is 6x6 instead of 5x5), with 55 items inside.  I've been wanting to make one ever since I found that, and I actually plan on making at least two more for my cousins (one for the boys and one for the girls).  The boys are older, so I'm thinking of not including the picture or the list, but just a numbered list and they have to make their own as they find things, just to make it a little more interesting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...