A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
228 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 616821 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
cursive_queen
« Reply #610 on: January 11, 2010 08:05:02 AM »

Ok, I think I'm jumping in and joining.  I read at the begining it said you could at anytime, I just hope this is the right place in the thread Smiley  I am going to go back and try to read all 60 pages of this for inspiration if nothing else

1. Add side panels to Erin's (stepdaughter) asian themed quilt
2. Send Erin's quilt out to be quilted (because I'm terrified that on my tiny machine, if I make a mistake, I'll ruin all the vintage kimono fabric)
3. Make Grace (stepdaughter) an 'around the world" quilt
4. Finish pink strip/charm quilt Finished Dec 2010 - sent as a gift
5. make mini quilt kit I got 2 yrs ago for my birthday o_o
6. Finish "home is where the controller is" cross-stitch finished in Jan
7. Finish Hunny (ouran host club anime) cross stitch
8. Do John Barrowman/capt. jack cross-stitch
9. Redo David Tennant/Dr. Who cross-stitch (because I gave away the first one in a swap)
10. Teach grace to knit - we'll start with a potholder each
11. Figure out how to Purl stitch (I some how am messing it up and everything looks like a knit stitch after 1 row)
12. knit something with a raised design in it (like the dalek or triforce washcloths Ive seen)
13. make a wearable shirt for myself from the "wendy" pattern I have (i think that's the name... I know what i'm refering too - hehe) 5/7/2010

14. make some reusable napkins so we don't use so many paper ones (bonus if I do some holiday ones I suppose Tongue) I have a handful done, need to do more

15. Thread catcher for SIL? (I see these on here a lot, they seem pretty neat)
16. Make something I can wear to comic con July 2010 Bag with Dalek stencil
17. Finish rabbit eared cape for grace that has been WIP for way too long.

18. Make french macarons (I just got a book on how, just need the supplies and time)
19. Try making Mochi ice cream balls (ive had the flour for so long, its probably gone bad)
20. make a second cake using fondant (first was a Jagermeister bottle shaped cake) March 2010
21. Try out the dragon stuffie pattern I have (Haven't really done much plush making)
22. Make "anemone's pet platapus" (eureka seven anime) stuffie for Erin (inspired by the lovely platapus on here)
23. New cosplay outfit for grace for conventions/halloween (perhaps Maka from Soul Eater) Sept 2010 Latias Pokemon
24. Try paper piecing (i really like the hexagon patterned ones)
25. Make a 'scrappy' quilt (i'm ok with lap sized)
26. decorate the munny (blank vinyl toy) that I have
27. Paint bathroom door to look like tardis (that mostly involves hubby... but I'll help)
28. Finish true blood cross stitch.
29. New PJ pants for Grace (hate buying them, she rarely wears em, but she's been asking for some lately) Done March.  May make more pair
30. New Lolita skirt for erin for convention in April? (maybe....we'll see)
31. Make a watercolor portrait like this tutorial https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=301135.0  (please note... I do not paint or draw... at all, even though I"m in a family of artists)
32. Firefly Quote cross stitch for Troy's bday --using pattern from fellow crafster Finished feb 22
33. Baby quilt for our babysitter 6/12/2010
34. Crib sheets/burp cloths for babysitter 6/12/2010
35. Baby Quilt for Doctor at work Finished Aug 2010
36. Finsih "kittie puke" cross stich WIP
37. Quilt for Kids from their kit Finished April
38. Quilt for Kids from my fabric Finished April
39.  Girl Scout Quilt for Leader Finished April 2010
40. Make a skirt for work 5/8/2010
41. Baby Quilt for Kate Finished August 2010
42. Quilt for Modern Swap 6/15/2010
43. Quilt for Mia
44. Strawberry Freezer Jam 5/23/2010
45. Sundress for babysitter 5/31/2010
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010 09:51:24 AM by cursive_queen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheSapphireMoon
It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #611 on: January 11, 2010 08:22:42 AM »

Ariethine, I think soorawn sent you a link to what a dashiki looks like already, but here is a pic of one I already made last year.  This was one of my FIRST forays into clothing making, and I have made several since and for swaps.

https://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=160746&ppuser=129410
https://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=160747&ppuser=129410

They are SUPER comfy to me and I love them Smiley  I have some rockin' cool batik I got a while back, has a zig zaggy pattern on it, that I think I will make a current one out of for me...though Joanne's DOES have some earth-tone-y batik I got 6 different prints and colors, 1 yard a piece, the other day that washes up EXACTLY like this Gypsy Rose dashiki I got from the flea market about 8 years ago.  It's what I used to make my dashiki pattern!

Quilter's batiks is what I used on the top in the above links, and it is a bit stiff even after being through several washes...and the purchased Gypsy Rose one has been through 10 times as many, BUT, it was soft n stuff after only about 5 because the thread count is lower than the quilter's quality fabrics.  And, even though it is part of the quilter's batiks, the clearance batik I just got at Joann's is the same looser woven type of fabric too!!  YAY!  I will have to go back when their red tag fabric is 50% off again this coming week and see if I can still find some in a pattern or 2 I like that has 2.5-3 yards on the bolt still Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥ Zoe ♥

STS Spring Market 2019
PINTEREST
Will personal swap for a crochet or knitted Totoro teapot cozy (see my Pinterest YARN board!)
princessacademy
« Reply #612 on: January 11, 2010 08:39:47 AM »

So I did get SOMETHING done this morning!!

1.Scarf using new stitch I've learned (broom stick lace)
2. Baby booties
3. baby blanket for my friend Mel's little boy, due April
4. A baby blanket for my friend Kelly's little boy due March
5. A baby blanket for my friend Jamie's little boy due Feb. (eek!)
6. A baby blanket for my friend Rebecca's little girl due march
7. my son's scrapbook, you know since he's one and all now
8. Pillows for my dd's room
9. Finish the Mother Goose cross stitch blanket I started for a friend's baby shower in Aug. whoops!
10.Throw pillows for couch
11. giant cuddle afghan for couch (out of stash yarns)
12. Cloth napkins! (we haven't used paper towel in about a year...could use some of these!)
13. try to make t shirt yarn
14. Make rug out of said T shirt yarn!
15. Attempt to make a skirt (more than one if things go well) for myself for church.
16.refinish/redecorate some of the picture frames in the basement into something I (or anyone) would actually use
17. make a winter hat for my sister's boyfriend, he walks 5 miles each way to work in OH and doesn't have a hat!
18. Recon winter coat? It has some holes and is scrubby...but can't afford a new one at present!
19. Make a t-shirt/onesie for my son that says "King of the Wild Things" with a Max crown, or..?
20. A onesie/shirt that says "Brosnan who?" on front and "Cpt. Benjamin Franklin "Hawkeye" Pierce" on the back, as the latter was the inspiration when naming him, but EVERYONE says "007 fans?" or "Like
Pierce Brosnan?"
21.Finish my Autumn wine shawl/wrap/throw
22. Leg warmers
23. paint dd's room
24. decorate dd's room
25. sweater boots
Saw an awesome pair and mini tut here on craftster and had to give it a try...now I'm foraging my shoe stash for more shoes I can alter to use some of these pretty sweaters I have lying around my stash waiting to be cut up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockmygypsysoul
Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #613 on: January 11, 2010 08:52:39 AM »

20. A onesie/shirt that says "Brosnan who?" on front and "Cpt. Benjamin Franklin "Hawkeye" Pierce" on the back, as the latter was the inspiration when naming him, but EVERYONE says "007 fans?" or "Like
Pierce Brosnan?"

I know this is off topic, but I LOVED that you put this on there!!  We don't have kids yet, but we've picked out names already and anytime I talk to people about our names (which happens fairly frequently since I'm 27 and apparently everyone in East Texas is busy making babies by this time), I get responses that annoy me.  I want to name any daughter I may have Mary Shannon, but only call her Mary (I used to want to call her the whole name, but my last name is hyphenated and hers will be too and that's just too much name!) after, well, Mary, as in the Virgin Mary (Catholic much?!)  But for a son, we've picked Chapin, as in, Harry Chapin.  So, of course, I get a lot of Mary Chapin Carpenter remarks who, while I like, is of course not at all the basis on these names.

It happens enough that we're thinking we may have to pick a different name for one of them, but I love these names and it's taken us 4 years to decide and agree!  Anyway...I think its a pretty awesome idea to have your son speak for himself  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
LostInOz
« Reply #614 on: January 11, 2010 08:58:44 AM »

I've been reading this thread all year, and making up my list as things come to me. So far, I'm up to nearly 30 items-- I'm sure the other 20 will come to me over time!

1. A crayon tinted embroidery project
2. Freezer paper stencil t-shirt for my BF birthday (February)
3. Finish my jewellery display board
4. Finish the Star Wars quilt for our nephew
5. Finish the full sized quilt for our bed
6. Create covers for our two couches
7. Amy Butler's Weekender Bag
8. Alter a blanket to go over my feet in our new (freezing on Monday morning) office
9. PJ pants for the BF
10. Bow headband (thanks tattooedcrafter for the reminder!)
11. Finish marker/ pencil rolls
12. Apron for myself
13. Quilt for my friend's wedding (October)
14. Become a Friend of Craftster. Not a craft, as such, but certainly healing to my crafty ambitions Smiley
15. Recon a (comfy) pair of flats
16. Tracking board/ poster for losing weight
17. Pad/ tampon pouch
18. Tea wallet for MIL
19. Fold up shopping bag to slip into my bag
20. Cushions for our 2 couches
21. Throw blankets or quilts for our couches, post covering
22. Christmas present for BF
23. Christmas present for BF's parents
24. Repair grey coat- lining and new buttons
25. Felt ball rug
26. World embroidery
27. Tube map embroidery
28. Baby blanket for girl at work who's expecting (due June)

Really need to get moving! I had planned to do so much over the weekend, but didn't get to it... I'll have to do some sewing tonight, I think!

I've loved reading through everyone's lists- I gained inspiration from quite a few of them. I'm impressed by how much some of you have achieved already!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LostInOz
« Reply #615 on: January 11, 2010 09:01:51 AM »

11. Figure out how to Purl stitch (I some how am messing it up and everything looks like a knit stitch after 1 row)

My knowledge of knitting is limited, but I think you might be doing it right, if you're using Purl stitch every row. Purl is just the knit stitch in reverse- so after one row, everything will just look the same as knit stitching every row (since that gives a reversable design). If you were to alternate purl and knit rows, you'd get Stockingette stitch- flat on one side and a bit bobbly on the other.

Does that make sense? I could be completely misunderstanding what you mean-- but if you're using purl stitch every row, it's probably coming out how it's meant to!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kmichele_craftyfae

the faery of creative chaos

View Profile WWW
« Reply #616 on: January 11, 2010 09:14:29 AM »

I have officially completed number 1 on my list lol. Of course I have about a dozen more that are in various stages of completion and many more that weren't on my original 50 list that have been completed.

This is my sewing machine cover. It's kind of lumpy, but it'll keep the dust off my machine. I used a vinyl tablecloth that I had picked up last year from the dollar store. The pattern was pretty much eyeballed, maybe that's why it's lumpy lol. It's pretty plain at the moment. I might decide to decorate it with some permanent markers or paint later. Bonus is I have more left over tablecloth if I decide to make a new one that's less lumpy lol.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

dharma_rebel

Craftsters never say die.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #617 on: January 11, 2010 10:13:04 AM »

First of all, AWESOME sweater boots. I wanna make some so bad. I may add them to my list. I think there was a good looking tut on Urban Threads as well, I'll look for it later.

Pierce Brosnan?"

I know this is off topic, but I LOVED that you put this on there!!  We don't have kids yet, but we've picked out names already and anytime I talk to people about our names (which happens fairly frequently since I'm 27 and apparently everyone in East Texas is busy making babies by this time), I get responses that annoy me.  I want to name any daughter I may have Mary Shannon, but only call her Mary (I used to want to call her the whole name, but my last name is hyphenated and hers will be too and that's just too much name!) after, well, Mary, as in the Virgin Mary (Catholic much?!)  But for a son, we've picked Chapin, as in, Harry Chapin.  So, of course, I get a lot of Mary Chapin Carpenter remarks who, while I like, is of course not at all the basis on these names.

It happens enough that we're thinking we may have to pick a different name for one of them, but I love these names and it's taken us 4 years to decide and agree!  Anyway...I think its a pretty awesomle idea to have your son speak for himself  Cheesy

OMG I soooooo get that. My daughter is named Marley and of course people want to know if she's named after Bob or the dog. (It's her great-great-great grandma's maiden name.

I've been steadily working on some swaps, but after these I'm going to cut back and focus on my own stuff. I did take a little break yesterday and made some Valentine's decorations. They weren't on my list, but they'll get added and crossed out  Cheesy   I figure there is room for spontaneity on the list! I know it's kinda early, but I'm getting sick of snowflakes. I'm gonna try to get some decent pics and post them later on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster member 08/22/2005 - 12/19/2019

"Like a comet pulled from orbit, as it passes a sun.
Like a stream that meets a boulder, halfway through the wood.
Who can say it I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you, I have been changed for good." ~Wicked
yofi
« Reply #618 on: January 11, 2010 10:14:53 AM »

After knitting like a madwoman leading up to Christmaas, I kinda backed away from the needles for a while.

But I finished this cable headband and cowl for a friend and our Carpricorn party later this week.  I used up stash yarn, got to play with cables, and have a present she can actually use -- win-win-win!

#1 Blue cowl and cable headband
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dharma_rebel

Craftsters never say die.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #619 on: January 11, 2010 10:26:20 AM »

Love the cowl and headband. I think I'm getting comfy enough with knitting again that I need to find my cable needle. A headband would be good practice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster member 08/22/2005 - 12/19/2019

"Like a comet pulled from orbit, as it passes a sun.
Like a stream that meets a boulder, halfway through the wood.
Who can say it I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you, I have been changed for good." ~Wicked
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...