A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
270 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 616508 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
melissanorth
« Reply #420 on: January 06, 2010 11:33:39 AM »

I love dogs and cats, not much of a fish person except for some koi carp I met once in a nature sanctuary type place- they were lovely and sucked my finger while I stroked them!

I love cats, but I never seem to make animal-related crafts (don't draw much for a start). There seems to be a definite style in shops though, of cat related items- it's either a bit old-fashioned style, or trendy with wirework, and neither is my favourite. I'd like to do something unsual, like maybe a papier-mache cat statue that has hooks on for hanging jewellery. Love knitted and crocheted hats with ears on!

I'm experiencing a crafting malaise, and have done nothing so far from my list...I tried to knit with wire but I couldn't get the wire to behave, and I don't know how to pick up dropped stitches so I gave up.. hmph :-(

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #421 on: January 06, 2010 11:38:19 AM »

what gauge wire are you using?  You might want to try the electrical section of the home goods stores...they have the coolest wrapped wires that seem easier to use--unless you are going for the real metal look--if I dropped a stitch, I cheated and used another piece of wire and just connected it to somewhere...with beads and doo-dads on it, no one seemed to notice!!! 

You can do it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ariethine
« Reply #422 on: January 06, 2010 11:46:17 AM »

I was going to try to crochet with wire, but the only wire I have here seems like it's too... stiff?? Where does one go about finding wire to knit and crochet?Huh I only have 26 gauge... is that good enough?Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #423 on: January 06, 2010 11:54:09 AM »

ooo--is the hat reconned from a sweater?
Are you asking about the brown tweed beenie? If so, no. It's new yarn. Fisherman's wool. I made up the pattern. It's in the knitalong post I started. If not... was there another hat I missed?
  Well, I'm off  to clean up yesterday's mess, and get out that doggie raincoat pattern!TTya later!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010 11:55:52 AM by KLKing » THIS ROCKS   Logged

melissanorth
« Reply #424 on: January 06, 2010 12:02:49 PM »

Aw, thankyou alwaysinmyroom! I use 28gauge wire, coloured copper plated. I used fairly large needles- what size do other people use? I think the ones I used are a size 6, not sure what measurement that is in, but it's about the thickness of my little finger.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

But can I make it out of clay?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #425 on: January 06, 2010 12:08:30 PM »

i have started a skirt..... it's gonna be a poodle kitty skirt.... i'm a cat lover so i want a kitty instead of a poodle!! lol

-GH
I can't wait to see it!

Alwaysinmyroom, thanks. I know I am frustrated because I expect things I haven't done in years to come easily to me heh. Also, it's a very reflective time in my life so I am expecting to do lots of self portraits. That and I'm my most available model! I will most definitely keep drawing.

I want to do focus on art more this year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Obsession: Polymer Clay
saffiertje
Saffiertje

crafting mom of 3 kids

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 06, 2010 12:25:15 PM »

wow 50 projects... Will think it  over! i do a lot of sewing, scrapbooking.. etc... so 50 will do I think...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #427 on: January 06, 2010 12:44:23 PM »

Aw, thankyou alwaysinmyroom! I use 28gauge wire, coloured copper plated. I used fairly large needles- what size do other people use? I think the ones I used are a size 6, not sure what measurement that is in, but it's about the thickness of my little finger.

oh my goodness--I knit a wire and bead collar thing and I used needles about the size of a chopstick!  I will see if I can find the wire tonight when I get home...I love that I could mold and bend it into a shape...it was quite fun to make and I plan on doing bracelets as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GrindHouseHussy19
Guess Im at the right spot!! lol Here to craft an' chat!! woohoo!!!

Member of CAA- Crafting Addicts Anonymous

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #428 on: January 06, 2010 12:55:59 PM »

i have started a skirt..... it's gonna be a poodle kitty skirt.... i'm a cat lover so i want a kitty instead of a poodle!! lol

-GH
I can't wait to see it!

All projects on a halt at the moment.... was fabric painting something for a swap and spilled the bottle of red pint on the green carpet....in the living room!!! Been frantically trying to clean it up!!! Cry But I do have the pieces cut out for the skirt....

It's so nice to hear someone else say they're a cat lover more than a dog lover. I adore my cats, and it's VERY irritating to hear people say they're not as good as dogs, and to see that they're always the bad guys in the movies. I feel like it's kind of pig headed to say that one pet is better than another. Sad  >> Except for fish... they're kind of just there... <<    Wink  Just kidding! I have nothing against fish either.

I MUST do a kitty craft to celebrate this. Smiley I don't know what... >> and that makes my announcement... a lot less epic... T.T

BIG CAT LOVER!!!!  But then I love all my fur babies.... (2 cats, 3 rats and 4 chinchillas)

-GH
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinokeeo

You cannot master what you will not try

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 06, 2010 01:31:07 PM »

Red paint on green carpet.  Sounds kinda Christmassy. 

I know, I know.  Big mess.  But that thought just popped into my head.

I'm a total cat lover, but I think dogs are great, too.  Of course, I also love tortoises.  And birds, and frogs, and....well, you get the picture. Cheesy

I've been on hold with my projects, because I'm working on business projects at the moment.  But I'm on my way out the door to go fix that chair!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects challenge

52/50 done
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...