A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
267 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 616847 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
teag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #360 on: January 05, 2010 02:28:20 PM »

I have not made much of a dent in my stash...I am working on WIPS so the stuff piled up is still piled up--I wonder if I should spend a day just cutting everything out first...has that worked for anyone?  Like cutting out four or five things all in one day then sewing? hmmm?

YES!  I highly encourage you to cut out all pieces in one sitting, well, as many as your back and hands can stand!  My mother wholeheartedly supports this as well, that way your back hurts that next day, but it's that ONE day instead of several and you have 4-5 or more projects to show for it that you can sew up assembly-line style Smiley

I completely agree with TheSapphireMoon I have done this for years- I have a basket that I layer my projects in - It makes sewing more enjoyable once you get the grunt work done
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #361 on: January 05, 2010 02:32:16 PM »

I finished the beanie hat, there's a picture in the knitalong post I started.
 EDIT:I deleted the hat pic, since it is posted in knitalongs
I'll have pics of the metal box recon soon. I'm just finishing the inside up.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010 11:44:58 PM by KLKing » THIS ROCKS   Logged

envirocraft
« Reply #362 on: January 05, 2010 02:37:41 PM »

I just bought the felt I need to finish my classic controller ds case that I started eons ago!  YAY! I think I'll do it right now! 

It feels like a cop-out of a project, however, it would sit unfinished for another few years if it didn't make my list!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Crafts in 2010 27/50 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332114.msg3973417#msg3973417

http://envirocraftiness.blogspot.com/
bexieboo
« Reply #363 on: January 05, 2010 02:50:59 PM »

Envirocraft, that doesn't sound like a cop-out to me at all. I think finally finishing WIPs is a fantastic thing to tick off the list, cuz then you're fresh to start 20 million new projects Tongue (I'm sure that's not just me!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ostera15
« Reply #364 on: January 05, 2010 02:56:21 PM »

I really need to start checking this thread more then once a day. I'm so far behind everytime I log in!

Great job on the pincushion, I love that you used coffee beans instead of marbles, it seems fitting!

Everyone is on a roll, lots of neat projects so far, I can't wait to see what the rest of the year brings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/ostera15/
Save  the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate  !!!!
luckdragon
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #365 on: January 05, 2010 03:22:12 PM »

I agree...this thread just moves along so fast!  And the projects posted so far are great!
I love the gray ruffled skirt and the tea-glass pincusion!

ohiodiygirl - you really didn't have to craft anything extra, but I can't wait to see what it is!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
Gomerriffic
« Reply #366 on: January 05, 2010 04:08:37 PM »

I almost have my list complete! My hubby decided to work it out for me, about 4 things a month. Gee thanks lol

Here's what I have so far:
50 Projects in a year
1. Socks for Son
2. Beret for Daughter
3. Socks for hubby
5. Socks for me
6-8. Dresses for daughter
9-11 Dresses for me
12. Design at least 3 key pieces of clothing for spring/summer
13. Washcloths
14. Embroider blanket I have had forever
15. Embroider Christmas table cloth
16. Embroider matching napkins
17. Log Cabin blanket made from scraps/left over yarns/acrylics
18. Sew together lapghans for Senior home
19. Swiffer covers
20. Bella’s quilt
21. Paper pieced Christmas quilt
22. Shipwreck shawl
23. Kiri Shawl
24. Spin 10 skeins of yarn (at least 100 yards each)
25. Kanzashi flower broaches and hair clips
26. Learn resin casting and make some pendants
27. Use up some of my fabric for a simple quilt
28. Coca Cola rag quilt
29. Wow Hearthstone pillows, I've seen too many not to make one!<3
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010 04:10:53 PM by Gomerriffic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just trying to find me...
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #367 on: January 05, 2010 04:33:00 PM »

What company do you work for??? I'm curious. So you're not able to post pics like... EVER? Even after they get copyright on them? Huh  Aww!! I'm going to make my own stuffie soon. That was my third on my list of things to start today! Smiley

I freelance for Caron and I try to keep the projects I make for them on the low... until they are in print - then I get to post pics and all... but for now I get to look at them lovingly wondering when and where they'll end up in print Cheesy

Two of the projects I have to do in February will be going to Herschner's I believe - the other 6 I have no clue until either I'm told or I see it in print Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Britness
« Reply #368 on: January 05, 2010 04:54:08 PM »

Britness - I love the pic of your doggy! I have a boston too, aren't they characters?!

Oh thank you..yes they are a hoot and a half! He is my little baby....Don't know where we would be w/o him...as I speak the Hubby is getting on him ...lol Its always something with those guys...does yours sleep under the covers too?

Oh and that Coffee Apron IS tooo cute I hope I get that in a swap!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My List 50 project in 2010 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332114.msg3979286#msg3979286

"Life is like a road trip, make sure to slow down to see the sights, stop to rest and stretch your legs, and don't forget to feed your soul!"
kmichele_craftyfae

the faery of creative chaos

View Profile WWW
« Reply #369 on: January 05, 2010 05:47:54 PM »

I'm so excited! I finally was able to put my linen closet shelves up all by myself. I even used the table saw to cut the shelves. And now since all the shelves are up and painted, I can finally make my linen closet curtain that is number 5 on my list. Now to dig through my fabric to see if I have some that will work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...