A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
227 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 456
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2010-CLOSED--Join us in the 50 Projects 2011  (Read 616504 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: December 30, 2009 10:49:34 PM »

I am so going to do this! I was late in finding the last one and also thought that 50 projects sounds like alot at the time. Recently I've joined the Ongoing Wish Swaps and came up with a HUGE wish list, most of which I could do myself (exception would be the knitting - I can't knit to save my life). This group will hopefully give me the motivation and support I need! Like some of you mentioned earlier, I'm constantly checking the swap boards and am great about making stuff for swaps (yes, I'm probably an addict!). But lousy at making things for myself. And kinda lousy at making things for Christmas/BD gifts for family and friends. Case in point, I started an Inga purse for a friend for her BD. All I have to do is make the strap and line it. But my friend's BD was back in MAY!

So some of my list will be to finish up WIP (some of which I haven't started - ha ha). I may include swap items, but am hoping that this year I can focus more on making things for myself and gifts for people I know, rather than swapping. I may post a partial list, that way I can add and subtract as I go along (okay, in addition to being an addict, I may be a bit of a commitment-phobe!).

woohoo, I'm so excited. I'll work on my list and post soon  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

50+ washcloths-along -17/50
Very soon I'm going to graduate to shawls and sweaters!
ostera15
« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2009 11:14:54 PM »

My thanks to everyone who has posted lists for me to steal borrow ideas from. There have been so many great ideas posted and it will help me keep busy, since I plan on trying to quit smoking (again) next week!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/ostera15/
Save  the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate  !!!!
dannispring240
« Reply #112 on: December 31, 2009 12:49:52 AM »

Ooo~ This looks fun!

Getting through half of my stash is my new years resolution.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am very sorry to anyone wishing to look at the pictures that I have previously posted. Photobucket deleted my account without warning.  :/

wist: http://wists.com/dannispring240
etsy: http://stumpcrafts.etsy.com
pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #113 on: December 31, 2009 01:19:17 AM »

My thanks to everyone who has posted lists for me to steal borrow ideas from. There have been so many great ideas posted and it will help me keep busy, since I plan on trying to quit smoking (again) next week!

I quit smoking 13 years ago after smoking for 21 years........the final way I quit...... I took the word "trying" out of my sentence! You can do it and you can also claim that as a completed project!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ariethine
« Reply #114 on: December 31, 2009 04:08:02 AM »

I wish you good luck with that!! A few people in my life, not listing names, including my more-than-likely-future-step-mother-in-law smoke, and she in particular coughs like no tomorrow, and her voice is scratchy, and I don't even want to know how hard it is for her to breathe.

@playswithneedles:: I am the same way. Your whole post basically described me too.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nirauan
« Reply #115 on: December 31, 2009 05:32:56 AM »

is any one else using this craftalong as an excuse to increase their stash or is it just me? i know i have enough yarn/fabric/beads etc but i keep seeing things on etsy or ebay and thinking 'oooh that would be great for whatever project' i keep trying to excuse my purchases as christmas presents to myself but that is starting to wear a bit thin!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Make All Things, especially from stash

Keep on crafting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #116 on: December 31, 2009 05:35:53 AM »

I am only buying what I need to help me USE up my stash. Otherwise, next year's project is going to be finding a bigger house! ha ha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ariethine
« Reply #117 on: December 31, 2009 05:54:35 AM »

My sweet as sugar boyfriend just bought me four 4oz. bags of random buttons. (They were relatively sweet. About 1.50 or 1.60 per bag, but we don't have a lot of money... so the sentiment was BEAUTIFUL. (It went from me afraid to spend money on one, to him buying me four.
I also bought some scrap paper yesterday (But I do have an excuse. 1000 cranes, and I'm not a paper crafter, so I don't keep much paper around.)

But yes, I do have to watch myself. Other than that I DESPERATELY have to stash bust. (The paper WILL be used up, either with the cranes or everything journal, and... buttons are buttons. When can you NOT find a use for them??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

But can I make it out of clay?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2009 06:52:19 AM »

I am only buying what I need to help me USE up my stash. Otherwise, next year's project is going to be finding a bigger house! ha ha
I'm doing the same. Cleaning my room has been a long time goal for me. I got rid of two trash bags of clothes, two trash bags of junk paper, one trash bag of trash... and my room hardly has a dent in it. It's so bad that I get depressed being in my room and I go out... so no more stuff! I crafted something yesterday, something today, and I have another project that must dry for 24 hours before I continue. And this is all from my craft stash and soap bar stash. However I need more felt wool roving for my chakram necklace and I'm drawing more so I see some possible art supplies in the future.
Sometimes I get craft supplies but none of the tools needed to use it.. so I may buy some tools in the next year so I can become more independent of pre-made scrap book type stuff.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009 07:25:02 AM by raeraethejetplane - Reason: specifying that I needle felt now use craft felt. D'oh » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Obsession: Polymer Clay
Ariethine
« Reply #119 on: December 31, 2009 07:19:17 AM »

Go HERE ----> https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332479.0

If you want to see my amazing project that I get to build off of for one of my first completed projects for the year 2010.  (It's not cheating because it's just a part of it.  Wink

Complete doll outfit for my bjd. $600 gift from my dad and I REFUSE to keep her in my closet ANY LONGER!!! She's way too beautiful.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE comment. I would REALLY appreciate it!!

Much Crafty loves from a very sick Ariethine.  Undecided
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009 07:34:11 AM by Ariethine - Reason: FIXED LINK!!! » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 456 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...