A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,834
Currently Running With Scissors:
303 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Holiday Dress  (Read 2613 times)
Tags for this thread: holiday_dress , christmas_dress  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
mystico_tala
« on: December 21, 2009 07:26:13 PM »

I won't even bother trying to come up with a clever title.  I'm terrible at those.  Anyway, I haven't posted in ages, but thought I would put this dress up that I just finished last week.  I like making holiday dresses whenever I have a play or ballet or something to go to in December.  This year was Wicked!  The day before the snow storm hit.  What luck Smiley  Excuse the pics, it was the end of the night and I had just taken off my hat Tongue

It is hard to tell from the pictures, but the red was a gorgeous patterned velvet that I just loved.  The top is made out of a cream coloured silk.  The design and pattern was all my own!  It came out looking somewhat Edwardian, though, seeing as how it came out exactly as I planned, I probably should have seen it before Tongue  I love the way it turned out though!  The bottom is the light velvet with a godet in the back that you can't see very well in the pics, but it gives it a little mini-trane.  The top is 100% Silk (maybe dupioni?  It was somewhat stiff and textured) and has some fabulous buttons on the sleeves, purely for decoration.  The middle band was just some slightly sparkly sheer fabric from Joann's, tacked up to give it a random scrunchy/ruched look.

Anyway, I very rarely make my own designs and patterns, I usually just frankenstein them, so I'm really happy with how it turned out Smiley  And fits wonderfully, definitely a plus with making your own patterns!

Enjoy!  Happy Holidays everyone!

~Nikki
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009 05:53:35 PM by mystico_tala » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my Blog
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009 08:18:24 PM »

Beautiful job, you will definitely be proud to wear this dress! And it fits perfectly! Not to mention, you have the great figure to carry it off...
Merry Christmas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mystico_tala
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009 05:54:07 PM »

Thanks Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my Blog
merlina
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009 05:55:20 PM »

That's a beautiful dress! Just perfect for the holidays, and you look fabulous in it. Is it all one piece?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
junebug6162
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009 07:40:53 PM »

That is gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...