A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,783
Currently Running With Scissors:
371 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Winter Sock Swap CLOSED Sendouts 03/15/10  (Read 23649 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
whisp3rd
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009 12:09:00 PM »

I'm learning how to knit two socks on one circular, hopefully I can get that down before this starts. Just gonna see how it goes Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009 01:05:47 PM »

I just finished knitting two socks on one circular a few weeks ago. It's actually not too bad if you've done socks on dpns before AND frequently use magic loop. I had fully converted to magic loop before attempting the socks on a circular. the beginning is a little shaky and you have got to make sure your yarn does not get tangled, but other than that I love it. it makes you feel like you're a faster knitter because you're done with both socks at the same time Grin

Seriously thinking about this swap, but I don't want to be a pain in the arse because i want toe socks lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
whisp3rd
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009 02:27:55 PM »

And magic loop? uh oh lol. Haven't tried that yet, but definitely been a DPN user before.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RebelTrendsetter

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2009 02:29:48 PM »

magic loop is SUPER easy, trust me. Once you get the hang of it, you'll never use DPNs again. You have circulars with a super flexible cord, right? I use knit picks options for that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whisp3rd
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2009 02:35:41 PM »

I do have those. I think I might practice tonight.

I have to wait for my needles to come in though for that since the set doesn't have a US2. I have a sock already started on DPNs, can I just transfer that to the circular and go from there?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RebelTrendsetter

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2009 02:41:24 PM »

I guess the big question there is, are you doing them cuff down or toe up? I used a really thorough tutorial on TOE up, two at a time on one circular. http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/2mlsocks_start.htm
There's also a video on here for magic loop knitting http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/advanced-techniques
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DizzerSpinninRound

Homeschoolin mama of 5 little cowboys

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2009 06:30:40 PM »

Toe socks wouldn't be too difficult if someone had made gloves before. Thanks for those last two links! I plan on doing two at a time toe ups if I can find the needles. I was dumb and being too frugal with my needles and bought acrylic for my size 5 last and they broke while I was using them...and I am a loose knitter. Sheesh, so i have to buy more, stickin with god ol' reliable aluminums. I love the sound they make as I'm knitting"^.^"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RebelTrendsetter

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2009 06:46:53 PM »

I actually made my first fingerTIPless gloves after I made my first two toe up socks on one circular. My hubby requested gloves without the finger tips, because he works on computers all day but works in a frigid warehouse. It was the first non-hat pattern that i "converted" to work with the magic loop. P.S. I also prefer metal needles, but I am a tight knitter. And I also like the sound of the clicking of my metal needles Grin
You know what, I think I will join this swap. Even though there hasn't been too much buzz in this thread, y'all are a good group of ladies. I just gotta wait for a package in transit to arrive at its destination in a couple of days and then I'll sign up.

P.P.S. Anyone check out Joy of Sox yet??? I've been dying to get my hands on it!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009 06:48:39 PM by DesignVigilante » THIS ROCKS   Logged

DizzerSpinninRound

Homeschoolin mama of 5 little cowboys

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2009 08:00:53 PM »

Finally signed up "^.^" I'm really looking forward to learning how to knit socks on circs!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whisp3rd
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2009 09:24:42 PM »

I guess the big question there is, are you doing them cuff down or toe up? I used a really thorough tutorial on TOE up, two at a time on one circular. http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/2mlsocks_start.htm
There's also a video on here for magic loop knitting http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/advanced-techniques

Cuff down and thanks for the links! Very informative
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Potholders!
Tute Tuesday: Clothespin Frame
Say "Cheese(burger)!"

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...