A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 313,335
Currently Running With Scissors:
277 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yohji Yamamoto Jacket from free pattern  (Read 53211 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tochucha
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2006 05:17:19 AM »

Well, here I am finally posting my first pics!
I made the jacket last September but only took pics today.
(Sorry about the pic of the backside, with the messed collar..!)

It's made in a bulky wool blend fabric, and as I couldn't find a big snap I bought this clutch which happened to suit perfectly.
Because the fabric wasn't stretchy at all, I made two small pleats on each sleeve when sewing.
Thanks everyone for the inspiration!

« Last Edit: January 08, 2006 05:19:33 AM by tochucha » THIS ROCKS   Logged

words are very
unnecessary
mata
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2006 05:46:50 AM »

Beautiful work!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nico-tiro

Its Your Life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2006 01:44:56 AM »

OMFG that is GEORGEOUS! i love how the wool looks so thick so lovely. great clasp too.

god i really have to make this please give me dicipline!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

girlgeeknz
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2006 09:59:19 PM »

Oh wow - that looks better than the one I made. The fabric is perfect.

Well done!

Claire
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011 10:54:59 AM by jungrrl - Reason: edited to comply with Craftster guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ecojess
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2006 11:08:37 AM »

I'm about to try this myself (everyone's look really great, better than the original they show with the pattern!)  Anyone have any thoughts on what the copyright details might be if I wanted to sell the finished project?  I think it will look really beautiful with an applique on the back.
Thanks~
Jess
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lotta55lotta
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2006 09:03:31 AM »

I've been wanting to make this jacket for sooo long now, but I'm not where my machine is so I'll just have to wait another couple of months. But I'm gonna go off to buy the fabric in a couple of days and I haves some questions, I hope someone maybe can answer.

1. Tochoucha, your jacket seems to have the sturdyness that I first fell in love with about the jacket. Is it beacuse of your fabric or something else?

2. Does anyone know what fabric the white jacket on the homepage is? I absolutely love how it looks! (http://www.showstudio.com/projects/ddl_yamamoto/gallery.html)

3. Did anyone try to line this jacket? I'm thinkig that if I take the fabric I want for lining and cut out the back piece, I should be able to put it in there? But I havn't made my jacket yet. What do you think??!

Oh, thanks for answers!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tochucha
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2006 06:48:25 AM »

Hi Lotta55lotta.

To answer your question - yes I think my fabric is the type that holds well. It's not really "sturdy", but it hardly gets any creases, and it drapes nicely.
Also keep in mind that for the collar part the fabric is folded in two.

As for the lining - I initially wanted to line it but gave up bc. I made a mistake and couldn't be bothered anymore at the time.
Anyway, the way I started it was by cutting a piece of lining following the back piece pattern, with shorter sleeves. In my enthusiasm I cut out the dart at the back, when I should have just made it into a tuck...  Undecided
I don't really have experience with lining, so I would actually be interested to hear what others have to say!

Good luck with your jacket!

**Edited to add a big thank you to everyone for all the nice comments! (sorry for the delay.. Smiley)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006 06:51:18 AM by tochucha » THIS ROCKS   Logged

words are very
unnecessary
lotta55lotta
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2006 07:15:05 AM »

OK, so now I'm done with my version of the jacket. It looks great...but not on me. I think it might be that it is too small. It's just really unconfortable and really short. I'm not THAT big, like a 38-40 (european sizes) but quite a large bust, so that might be it. I just think it's a bit sad because, well, what to do with it now? It's was a nice pattern to make though. I just regret it because I really started to like the fabric a lot and now it's finished.

Does anyone know any good place where I could sell my jacket online. I'm in Sweden to it should be possible for me to handle money transfer and shipping, so etsy wouldn't work, would it?

Well, at least I'm happy for everybody else who managed to make themselves a really cool jacket that fits!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Bamboo Project Bag
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Meatless Monday: Spicy Tempeh Salad on Toast

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...