A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 323,318
Currently Running With Scissors:
293 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Brown and blue...  (Read 2637 times)
Tags for this thread: afghan , hexagon , brown , blue , stashbuster  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
lanfear33

What the Frak???!!!

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2009 09:46:29 AM »

Just finished this afghan to match my living room.  It was fairly easy, pattons pattern.  I used carron's simply soft yarn and it turned out very snuggly and warm!  The colors in the original pattern were olive, orange brown and white, and since I am not a fan of those colors I chose two shades of blue and two of brown.  You could make it any combination, or make a "stash buster" of all different colors.  It is simply 68 hexagons crocheted or sewn together.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dead_Alice
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009 11:17:22 AM »

Really nice colours. I like the retro feel to it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SharLaMarz
Crafting is my therapy

I have craft ADD

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009 12:03:58 PM »

OMG! I love this! These are the exact same colors as my living room! I have to make one or two of these to drape across the backs of my sofa and loveseat (which are the light blue color). Ooooh I am so excited to start on it! Thanks so much for the inspiration! You have great taste by the way! lol  Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2010: 100/50

My wist: http://www.wists.com/SharLaMarz

Contact me for a personal swap!
lanfear33

What the Frak???!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009 12:12:22 PM »

LOL...  Thanks!  Apparently you have terrific taste as well...   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sera unravled
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009 04:56:39 PM »

I love those colors!  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Marikit
>^o^< meow

>^o^<

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009 06:00:45 PM »

Love it. The colors blend well. My boyfriend loves it and insist i make the same. SHare the hex?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dream it. Want it. Feel it. It's real.

m a r i k i t
ConnieStieler
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009 06:50:49 PM »

Looks great!  I really like the colours.  Did you whip stitch the hex's together or sc?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lanfear33

What the Frak???!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009 08:53:55 AM »

I single crocheted the hex's together--am too lazy to thread needle, cut thread, tie knot--etc...  LOL   As for the Hex--

This is the book I used if you like to use books: http://www.patonsyarns.com/patternbook.php?PBS=500867 (I did NOT use the patons decor yarn called for in the book--it would have cost me almost $100 to make it...  Red Heart comes out really soft if you wash if after and put in extra fabric softener, or use my fave *cheap* yarn; "simply soft")

Believe it or not, I cannot find that motif online so here is my recap of the basic pattern if you want to use your stash to make the afghan:

1st row--chain 2, 6 half double crochet (HDC) in first chain, join with slip stitch.

2nd row--chain 2 (or 1, your preference for HDC) and *HDC, chain 1, HDC in first stitch.  HDC in next 2 stitches.  Repeat from * and join with slip stitch on final HDC

3rd row--slip stich into first chain 1 space.  chain 2 and *HDC, chain 1, HDC into space.  HDC in next 4 stitches and repeat from * to end, join with slip stitch.

4th row--repeat 3rd row, but do 6 HDC after the HDC, chain 1, HDC sequence

5th row--chain 2 and HDC into the first stitch (should be the first stitch of the HDC, chain 1 HDC sequence) *chain 1, skip next stitch (the chain 1 of previous row) and 8 HDC across, repeat from * until the last side when you HDC 7 times and then slip stich into the first stich you made.  (you will still have 8 stitches on this side)

6th row--This is when you change colors! With 2nd color, follow pattern for 3rd row again, but with 8 HDCs to finish

7th row--again repeat 3rd row with 10 HDCs

8th row--repeat 3rd row with 12 HDCs and fasten off! 

after I made all 68 hexagons I single crocheted them together instead of whip stitch (it creates a raised line on one side that I liked) and single crocheted around the outside of the entire blanket and voila! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Caramel Candied Apple Salt Scrub
DIY Halloween Costumes
Meal Prep Monday: Fish Tacos with Green Sauce

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...