A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
207 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How do I get started?  (Read 2624 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

ruthiez
« on: November 14, 2009 10:32:16 PM »

I scrapbooked back in highschool and I never had the patience to make it turn out right. I just got married and want to do a wedding scrapbook. I've looked around online for hours and hours and I feel like I'm spinning my wheels. can anyone give me some ideas of how to start? maybe some good websites to check out? I looked at some that I saw mentioned here(I actually think I found an album I like. I had hated all of them before). I could also use some advise. what ever you have to give I would love to hear. thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EphieP
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009 06:21:36 PM »

I actually am in the same boat. I dabbled in scrapbooking when I was in my teens thanks to a kit my mom gave me got Christmas. Life happened and I wandered away from it. Then I got married and during the prep for the wedding I found a beautiful scrap book and as I said my vows, I vowed to create the perfect wedding scrapbook. I bought oodles of scrap booking supplies to create the perfect wedding album, I bought how-to books and magazines and searched online for inspiration... but alas...the book is still empty and my pictures are still in a box. I wish I had words of inspiration but I don't. However, I did get into making the artist trading cards. They seem to be helping my creativity. I think, right now, I'm going to bust out the wedding scrapbook and commit to completing a random page. Sometimes you just have to do it. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mrseknoid
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009 04:04:10 PM »

I just jumped in and started doing it.  I have been scrapping for about 5 years now.  Of course, when I go back to the pages/albums I first did - I really don't like them.  BUT, after years of playing with the paper, I feel like I am much better than I was before. 

A lot of it has to do with finding your own style.  I see so many pages online and at the local scrapstore, that it can really get discouraging.  But then I realize that even though those are beautiful and artsy, they really aren't my style.  & since this is my story & my book, it is okay for my pages to look the way that I like.  Which is much more simple.  Of course, your style will probably be different - just don't let it all discourage you. 

By the way, I have been married for 15 years and I think I am now ready to finally do my wedding album.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Reel Crafty Girl
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010 08:53:43 PM »

Girl, just jump right in!

I have been scrapbooking for a long time.  My style has changed DRAMATICALLY over the past 10 years.

I eloped 5 years ago, and am still creating layouts for my wedding album!  My wedding album is so diverse - it is really fun to look at!

Each page in my album is completely unique, using different products - I just keep the color theme the same.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shelly
Scrapping, sewing, crafting, fishing, dogs, cats and turtles - it's all here
http://reelgirlsanimalhouse.blogspot.com/
LadyLeitzen

feisty cat lurves roving

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010 07:22:34 AM »

i agree with the other ladies  Grin

if you're nervous about messing something up, make duplicates of your photos so you'll always have a back-up.

i don't know if this will be helpful for you, but i did find a website i used when i was getting back into scrapbooking:

http://www.scrapbook.com/university/tutor.php

their tutorials cover the basics, and while i didn't like any of their layouts aesthetically speaking, i did find that the concepts were sound, like choosing colors for your pages, photo placement, and there were some embellishment techniques i found useful. oh, and they have a great gallery (top menu bar) with tons of finished pages in any style.

hope this helps!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010 07:23:16 AM by LadyLeitzen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
April 24, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Toiletry Bag
Weekend Bunnies

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...