A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 315,933
Currently Running With Scissors:
336 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: On an ATC roll!!  (Read 3794 times)
Tags for this thread: cooking_mama  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
acrosstheuniverse
« on: November 12, 2009 03:03:18 PM »

So, after my first set, I got exctied and I've done a few more which I'm going to send to people. I tried the Mod Podge sparkle stuff which I really like. 

Cooking Mama - My friend loves Cooking Mama so I drew the main character and themed it with ingredients and a recipe on the back (I forgot to add it was for Brownies!!)

Dragonfly - for my favourite auntie who loves images of butterflies and dragonflies

Prayer - For my mum who's religious - with a short prayer on the back...I'm an atheist but will put me in the good books Smiley

The Owl and the Pussycat - the cat hasn't come out that clearly but overall, I like the idea. I think I'm going to do some more nursery-rhyme themed ATC's...I'm not that great at original design as you can see!
My boyfriend gave me another idea for this one so going to try and work some 3D in to it - taking the lead from Nooo's gorgeous moveable ATC's, I'm going to make the pea-green boat moveable, in between some 3D card waves and may be a sail too. I tried Glitter gel with this one but I need to get a better handle on it! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sammo6661Deth
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009 04:09:27 PM »

Cooking Mama! I got so excited when I saw the thumbnail on the homepage! The sparkly Mod Podge adds a really cool touch  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: www.kurowonderland.blogspot.com

"Only the insane equate pain with success"

どうか酷い夢だと答えて欲しい
どれだけ叫び 悶え 苦しめばいい
acrosstheuniverse
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009 04:45:21 PM »

Thanks Sammo
Yeah, I'm pleased with her as my drawing skills aren't brilliant but bar a few wonky bits, I think my friend will like it. Not paper based (sorry mods  Wink) but Crafturbation made an awesome Cooking Mama apron which should get a mention!  I hope to make something similar for my friend for christmas.
https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=242410.msg2674211

I'm loving the sparkley podge. I got a set of small bottles to try out - gloss, matte, sparkley, outdoor and a couple of others. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Seraphina_de_Sangre
The Daredevil Sky Pirate

Down to a 12 and shedding more lbs. everyday!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009 04:57:40 PM »

That sparkly modge podge is definately a winner. I love the cooking mama one and the prayer one, even though I'm an atheist as well, it's just so pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps
Multi-Themed Steampunk Swap

Wist
panthermoon
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009 01:17:18 PM »

I'm not that religious either, but I love the coloring on that one. I can't wait to see the ATC when you make it 3D. beautiful cards!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in trading? ATC Gallery

Wists

100 Theme 12/100
Happy 100 ATC 6/100
100 Music Theme 4/100
acrosstheuniverse
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009 04:11:40 AM »

Yeah, I was pleased with the colouring effect on the prayer ATC and am going to try the 3D Owl and Pussycat this weekend...although having just sneaked a peek at your cards Panthermoon...blown away, they're fabulous...I love 'Smile' especially...Robert Redford is yummy  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009 11:44:56 PM »

Sparkle Podge is epic, epic win. I love your ATCs. The Cooking Mama is awesome and the prayer one is absolutely gorgeous. Great work Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding
Thankful DIY

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...