A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
190 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: PhotoShop vs. PhotoShop Elements  (Read 1688 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

SarahBlais
« on: November 11, 2009 04:31:43 PM »

I've realized that I need a better photo editing program than the one that came with my digital camera and I'd also love to get started in digital scrapbooking.

I wish I could afford PhotoShop, but at around $700 - it's way to expensive! So I'm thinking about getting PhotoShop Elements instead.

Question - for someone who's already familar with using PhotoShop, do you find PhotoShop Elements to be limiting?

Also - any suggestions for digital scrapbooking elements (kits, backgrounds, fonts, etc.) would be greatly appreciated! Smiley

« Last Edit: November 11, 2009 04:52:22 PM by SarahBlais » THIS ROCKS   Logged

amaryllisroze

Member of the Papercraft Gang

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009 01:03:04 PM »

I think there is a huge difference between the two programs (I have PS at home and Elements at work...I know, its backwards). Photoshop is much more advanced and I would call it a professional level piece of software where I think Elements is more for home use.

They work basically the same way, Elements is a very scaled down version of the software.

(I'm not a scrapbooker, I use PS to edit photos for other paper crafts)

« Last Edit: November 19, 2009 01:04:08 PM by amaryllisroze » THIS ROCKS   Logged

All of my photos are hosted at Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amaryllisroze/sets/

http://pinterest.com/aroze/

"she knew with the right amount of junk she could create a masterpiece" -- I'm still looking for the right amount of junk
itsnikki
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009 11:35:34 AM »

I've got both (I bought Elements way before I got Photoshop, though...)

I like them both. It depends on what you want to do. You can do a lot on Elements, though... I guess it depends on... your experience and if you want something more basic or super professional.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stupid people do stupid things, smart people outsmart each other.

My LJ

-Add me to your livejournal, and I'll add you back!!
chrissi1
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009 08:04:22 AM »

I've realized that I need a better photo editing program than the one that came with my digital camera and I'd also love to get started in digital scrapbooking.

I wish I could afford PhotoShop, but at around $700 - it's way to expensive! So I'm thinking about getting PhotoShop Elements instead.

Question - for someone who's already familar with using PhotoShop, do you find PhotoShop Elements to be limiting?

Also - any suggestions for digital scrapbooking elements (kits, backgrounds, fonts, etc.) would be greatly appreciated! Smiley

I am a digi-scrap addict. I have been 100% all digital for almost 5 years now.
I use two different programs to scrap with. I have CS2, which I like... but it is often "too much program" more than I need for my lo's.
I mostly scrap with ACDSee Photo Editor- it is very similar to PSE, in that it is very intuitive, has a lot of built in "helps," uses layers and all that good stuff.

I found it to be way easier than PSE. And the other good bit- it is way less expensive.

My fav. site of all time is oscraps.com (Disclaimer: I am on the site CT- but I have been a member there for years)
They have amazing kits, lots of freebies, and really fun challenges.
I also like digitalscrapbookplace.com If you go to digiscraptalk.com, you'll be able to find more freebies than you know what to do with!

Fonts: dafont.com- great free fonts
Brushes: got some great ones brusheezy.com and 22pixels.com

And to keep all of your stuff organized sp you can find what you are looking for- ACDSee Photo Manager is a must!
free trials at acdsee.com

Have fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Carrie_Stephens

Carrie Stephens

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010 12:04:00 PM »

Photoshop is a powerhouse, it is intimidating for beginners and You really don't need it unless you have the intention on creating your own supplies. 

You can still create your own supplies (basics) with photoshop elements, it lacks many features that you would want to have if you were to design.  If you are just purchasing graphics and focusing on the actual scrapbooking vs creating graphics then I think photoshop elements would suit your needs much better!!

I have been digital scrapbooking/ digital scrapbook designing for 6 years now.  When I am creating scrapbook layouts, I now often use photoshop elements because it gets the job done quicker.  Smiley

Also, I believe they have GREAT specials occasionally for photoshop elements users to upgrade to photoshop for under 300 dollars occasionally Smiley So, it might be worth waiting and checking into that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Carrie Stephens
Blog: http://www.carries.typepad.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
April 24, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Toiletry Bag
Weekend Bunnies

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...