A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October News: Kindness Craft Challenge   Vote for your favorite entry by Sunday, October 15!
Total Members: 314,466
Currently Running With Scissors:
349 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Red and Aqua quilt blocks...to keep my sanity!  (Read 973 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« on: November 10, 2009 10:29:02 PM »

My littlest sister is getting married this Sunday.  We have exactly two weeks to whip this ceremony and reception into shape.  I am the wedding planner, the cake baker, the financial support and the all around slave to the newest Brizezilla...lol.

Anyway, to keep my sanity, I have set aside the last hour of every day to work on a quilt for myself.  I've been quilting for two years but have never made anything for myself.  And I don't usually take on big projects like a king sized quilt; I'm mostly fond of instant gratification projects, like baby blankets, lol.  This time, I am determined to enjoy the whole process and document my progress to stay motivated to finish it...and to have time to myself away from the wedding drama! 

This started out as a baby shower gift, but I fell in LOVE with the fabrics and decided to make it for myself. It's mostly flannel and I love it!  I started on Monday and have nine whole blocks done already.

Oh, one more thing...I am using a Disappearing Nine Patch for the blocks.  I LOVE how random it looks, and yet it all matches and looks great together too!

Okay, I'll shut up and post the pictures now.  But bear with me, it's really hard to take decent pictures in a yellow kitchen at night...I will try for better ones outside tomorrow if I get time during my duties as the wedding slave!

These are the six I finished tonight.

These are the other three.  And this is a TERRIBLE shot, I know.  Ugh.

I know the pictures aren't very clear, and hard to see, but I promise, in real life the blocks are gorgeous and the colors look much better.

You can read more about the quilt and follow the progress of the quilt (and the wedding, and my descent into Crazyville, lol) here http://messymama.wordpress.com/

PS - i didn't think this post would go in the finished projects slot, so I stuck it here...hope it's in the right spot but if it's not feel free to move it around!

PSS - This is my very first post ever on Craftster...so C&C are always appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
cjclark
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009 08:05:10 AM »

I love the colors and i bet it's really nice in flannel. :-)

I think it's a good plan to make sure you take an hour of time for yourself every day to work on a project you love. Keep up with it and don't give up your hour no matter how crazy it gets with the wedding planning. :-)

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Woohoo! Baby Clark is on the way. Due October 24th.
BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009 10:53:59 AM »

Thanks for the comment!

I failed miserably in my mission to make a block/take an hour for myself everyday.  But, just looking at the quilt blocks on my board made me very happy and was relaxing all on its own, so it was worth the effort. 

I love the colors too, they are perfect for me, and I even found flannel sheets on clearance for the backing, so this is for sure going to be my favorite quilt ever.  Once I finish it...lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
October 18, 2017 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Mix and Match Napkins
Tute Tuesday: Mini Top Hat

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...