A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,897
Currently Running With Scissors:
511 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Some help with gifting...please  (Read 4529 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Lo{ve}
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009 07:52:19 PM »

you could also use freezer paper to paint onesies. this is fairly easy and of course very cute! paint is also very cheep and doesn't take much for a onesie so you can make a lot of onesies with just a few bottles of paint. also they wash well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
prettyfloralbonnet
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009 02:22:46 PM »

You could make her a baby wearing wrap, that's easy with lots of square shapes I suppose.

I agree with christephi , my daughter is turning 2 Sunday (!) and the clothing well has started to dry up!  Be a little forward in time thinking and make something larger, she might appreciate that? 

When is she due and do you know know the sex?  Like... if it's due before Halloween you could make a kickass newborn Halloween costume for her that will save her the hassle of having to go find one when she's tired and up all night.  Speaking of that, if she's nursing, make her some nice absorbent nursing pads with awesome fabric and she'll love you forever!

If it's a girl and she's into girly things, make a newborn tutu for all those photos the baby will be in shortly.

Or one of those biker hat things that seem to be popular right now would work for either sex.

What about something she can take to the hospital, like an embroidered placard that says "Baby Friend'slastname" (or even the baby's name if you know it) because the ones they have at the hospital are kinda dull.

Does she have a boppy or nursing pillow?  How about a nursing pillow cover with the cool pattern you know she'd love that stores wouldn't carry.

A cool diaper bag?

A carseat cover?

A diaper hanger?

Bottle container?

I think I'm out of ideas Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I used to be strictly a yarn girl but now I'm teaching myself to sew.  Help! Smiley

My family's crafty blog: http://chimpsgomoo.wordpress.com
K3lly

i heart jellyfish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009 06:47:09 AM »

I forgot to mention she is due Feb 16, so I have plenty time to do a bunch of awesome things for her!!  She does not know the sex of the baby yet, but I made sure she knew to tell me AS SOON AS SHE FINDS OUT..... so I can get started!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in personal swaps!
Proud Air Force Wife, and owned by 2 IGs.  <3
Smokering
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009 07:04:17 PM »

Just a thought, seeing as you mentioned not "thinking like a parent" - be sure to sew any buttons etc down REALLY tightly. Choking hazard and all. Also beware of anything with ribbons - you don't want any big loops that could get caught round a baby's neck. Sounds paranoid but accidents happen, so it's worth looking at your completed item, tugging it to see if anything comes off, and generally thinking "Hmm, how could I kill myself with this if I tried really hard?" :p

Hats that snap under the baby's chin are quite good, as they don't fall off or end up over the baby's face. You can add lots of really cute embellishments, too. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JenJenWv
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2009 08:08:38 PM »

You could use a bit of flannel for the appliques on onesies and make a matching receiving blanket and burpie. I liked the receiving blankets that I made better than the store bought ones because you can get much cuter fabrics, of course, but also because you can make them big enough to swaddle the baby in. I liked to get about a yard and a half of flannel, then make a square of fabric the width of the fabric, so about 44x44 inches. Then with the leftover fabric, I liked to line the back of burp cloths. Makes a really cute gift set.

I also came across this tutorial the other day for a self-binding receiving blanket. I haven't tried it, but it looks cute and warm. Nice for a February baby.
http://piecenquilt.blogspot.com/2009/06/self-binding-receiving-blanket-tutorial.html

~Jenny~
THIS ROCKS   Logged
K3lly

i heart jellyfish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2009 09:45:45 AM »

AHHH!!!!    IT'S A GIRL!!

WOO HOO!!

I am going to make a cute little purple, pink tu-tu and a head band with a big flower, and make her take pictures of her in it!!  lol   AHH!! I am so excited, I was hoping it was a girl just because girl stuff is so much cuter!!  I am so excited!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in personal swaps!
Proud Air Force Wife, and owned by 2 IGs.  <3
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
November 20, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Map Paper Pinecones
Ode To Coffee

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...