A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November Crafting Tips & Tricks: Check out Kittykill's latest DIY video, How to Make Glowing Wax Globes!
Total Members: 314,640
Currently Running With Scissors:
249 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Project Runway (seasons 1-5)  (Read 271339 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Ambimom

Knit, Sew, Spin but Pug Love Is Best

View Profile
« Reply #2130 on: October 11, 2008 05:34:00 AM »

I am shocked  Kiss and dismayed  Angry that Kenley ended up going to Bryant Park for the PR finale.  Yet.....when you see what Jerrell and Korto came up with, I sort of understand the judge's decision.  I feel sorry for Kenley because she is so clueless.  No doubt she did copy Alexander McQueen, but as the judges acknowledged, she did it with flawless precision. Kenley's sewing skills won over her lack of creativity. 

I loved everything that Korto did until this week.  Her final challenge was just not up to her usual standards, I am really heartbroken to say.

On the other hand, Leanne sewed pure works of art.  Wow! Grin

I predict

Leanne will win and .....

Kenley will say something really nasty and horrible to her. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I took the handmade pledge at birth
smittenheart

Let go of what's already gone..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2131 on: October 11, 2008 06:33:21 PM »

oh what will we do IF...Kenley wins..

THIS ROCKS   Logged

its ME!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=327537.0

http://cowandpigdesigns.etsy.com
http://cowandpigdesigns.blogspot.com
Soap licking is dangerous..please dont try it at home

will trade some soap for a superhero cape which will be used by the kid in my avatar ^^
HSG
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Oy Vey!

He says I color his world

View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: October 11, 2008 06:44:15 PM »

I am shocked  Kiss and dismayed  Angry that Kenley ended up going to Bryant Park for the PR finale.  Yet.....when you see what Jerrell and Korto came up with, I sort of understand the judge's decision.  I feel sorry for Kenley because she is so clueless.  No doubt she did copy Alexander McQueen, but as the judges acknowledged, she did it with flawless precision. Kenley's sewing skills won over her lack of creativity. 

I loved everything that Korto did until this week.  Her final challenge was just not up to her usual standards, I am really heartbroken to say.

Ditto!

I think that Kenley should watch herself on TV and see what a real fool she has made of herself. Maybe then she will get what the judges tried to tell her two weeks ago.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

B'H
Proud Army Mom, Hoaah!!!
Help Fight Breast Cancer
rhythmgrl
« Reply #2133 on: October 12, 2008 06:15:55 AM »

What irks me the most about her is not the copying or the lack of ability to move outside of herself, but the comments like, "why should I be nice to people I'm never going to see again..."

Does she not realize that she's in contract with Project Runway.  How many times have we seen groups of the PR Designers together or with people from other Bravo shows... Now, I know with PR moving or not moving from the NBC family of networks, that may be a little different, but I'm guessing, Kenley will be seeing plenty of the people she's dissed in the near future.

She'll learn, one day.  Probably not today, probably not from seeing herself on TV, but when she doesn't get the backing for a line that she could've, maybe it'll start to sink in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fromsophia
« Reply #2134 on: October 15, 2008 10:46:29 PM »

Spoiler

Leanne Won. She was my fav so I am really happy  Smiley I would wear her clothes. It is crazy how McQueen Kenly's last dress was and the Balanciaga ish shoulders she could never convince me that she is not looking at designers that is just not possible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ambimom

Knit, Sew, Spin but Pug Love Is Best

View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: October 16, 2008 05:58:15 AM »

Congratulations to Leanne.   Grin

Her work is consistently creative and innovative.

I'm sorry that Korto did not win, but she got really close and I am certain that she will be heard from.  She has an enormous talent.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I took the handmade pledge at birth
bluwave06
Tutorial Contributor

Fifties Twist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2136 on: October 16, 2008 08:40:40 AM »

I missed the episode last night but all I wanted to know was who won. I figured leanne was going to win, she had a great style and showed herself in everything she made. As for the last challenge, wedding dress, I loved Kenley's, and to say the least I also love McQueen, but Kenley's was something more I would wear. 

On the copying note, there may have been similarities, but sometimes designers do end up having the same designing idea. I mean, I have drawn out designs before and a few months later they were out on the runway. So, it can be a coincidence. But I don't want to start an argument, just stating my opinion.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

animegirlie
crafty nerdy girl

just make stuff!!!

« Reply #2137 on: October 16, 2008 08:41:42 AM »

Woo Hoo!!! Congrats Leanne!! She's been my favorite since the very beginning.

I can now watch Project Runway again when they go to their new station.

I don't think I have to reiterate how much I dislike Kenley, but I think she realized what an issue her nasty attitude is when they announced that Tim Gunn would be the guest judge. she said something to the effect of "I guess I should have been more careful about what I said. " not an exact quote, but you get the idea.

Also - as a hobbiest pattern repeat designer, I was underwhelmed with the designs she came up with for the fabric of her dresses.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

« Reply #2138 on: October 16, 2008 05:35:34 PM »

Woo Hoo!!! Congrats Leanne!! She's been my favorite since the very beginning. ... I was underwhelmed with the designs she came up with for the fabric of her dresses.
Agreed! I called Leanne's win as soon as I saw her wedding dress. Swoooon! The pockets! My goodness it was gorgeous. And she was soo smart to do pants, shorts, and skirts. I was also in love with Korto's collection, though. The color was amazing and each piece was unified. I disagree with the "over design" critiques of the judges, once she dumped her wedding dress. I think Tim was right on with his comments about how she injected her heritage seamlessly into the clothes. I can't wait to see more from both of these ladies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
momokins
« Reply #2139 on: October 17, 2008 01:31:47 PM »

I know that I'm way late and this has been covered, but did anyone notice when Kenley mentioned that she snuck in to Bryant Park shows a year ago? So why is she claiming she "doesn't pay attention" in order to defend herself?

I'll raise an eyebrow if Kenley gets any big jobs from this, but I doubt she will. Sweet P got a gig with MTV; Kenley couldn't do that type of thing. It requires people skills.

I wish Jerell made it even though personally I wasn't blown away by any one designer this season. Here's a link to Leanimal if you haven't seen it yet http://www.leanimal.com/ .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi, you can call me Momo. I'm a spoiled-brat-turned-DIYer and a recovering shopaholic Smiley.

I love OOAK items.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: No Fail Fudge
Feed Your Pie Hole
Ah, fall!

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...