A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
357 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Uniflap AKA The Hat That No One Will Wear  (Read 1657 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
lolaforpresident

All you need is yarn

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: October 25, 2009 07:02:53 PM »

So I don't know if we are supposed to use a current project or if we can use one from our stash, but I had to share this one. This hat is a testament to my new rule, "Do not design something when you are drunk/stoned". This rule goes hand in hand with the rule that states, "Do not continue a project that you have invested more than an hour into while drunk/stoned". These were very important rules in my house before we had a baby. Now the rule is, "Don't leave your knitting on the floor or on anything that is not more than a foot off the ground."

Anyways, my husband designed this (wouldn't it be cool if there was a hat that instead of having two flaps, just had one). I crocheted the top and added the bottom with my husband egging me on. When it was done and I presented it to him his responses were, "I don't really wear hats" and "It seemed like a better idea at the time".

Sorry for the long story. Without further ado, I present to you the uniflap:

Gah!!! Where did all that lint come from? Like I said this came from my stash since no one has been brave/stupid enough to wear it. *Pretends her house isn't covered in cat hair*

And this one should show the key element of the hat a bit better.

Maybe no points for craftsmanship, but it is original, right?

Haha. You can get babies to wear anything. Please disregard our messy house. Smiley

Edited to add action shot.

Thanks for looking.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009 07:13:18 PM by lolaforpresident » THIS ROCKS   Logged
AnnieBowser
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009 10:39:52 AM »

LoL!  Great story!
Your home sounds just like mine, minus the baby part.

I think the hat is a-ok.  Hard to imagine how it's "supposed to go" without an action-show, but I guess that's the problem if no-one will wear it!

Wait, I'll wear it!  Or wait til your hubby is drunk/stoned & maybe he'll find it more enticing ;-)

Personally, I find that starting small projects is fun when I'm under the influence.  Just nothing too tangly, that's all!

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lolaforpresident

All you need is yarn

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009 08:53:43 AM »

The starting of new projects is fine. But sometimes I want to continue on the project I have put a week into while I am stoned. This only ends in tears.

Lol, I'll try to get an action shot. Maybe the baby will wear it. Another problem is the tightness, but I bet DS could rock it. He looks great in anything. I like knitting him stuff because he wears it and looks nice. It makes me proud to thing I kept his bald head warm.

I am trying to figure out what to do with it. Thus the fact that it has been in my stash for sometime now.

Thanks for replying. I was beginning to think no one would. Smiley Then again, who can blame tem, the uniflap takes ones breath away.

I just thought of a use for it. When you don't want someone to notice your new pimple or something else embarressing, simply put on the hat. No one will be looking at your face. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nven
Also known as Aeramel

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009 01:03:08 PM »

Lol, great story =)  I think an action shot is definately needed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in personal swaps; offering knits for eco baby and mama items.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...