A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,783
Currently Running With Scissors:
191 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Song of Ice and Fire/George RR Martin Swap Gallery!  (Read 19854 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Lotuspixie
« on: October 19, 2009 07:44:23 AM »

We've had one sender, so post your shinies when you get them!

VisualHierarchy<-->rainiable
PaleAngelLex<-->nymeria
teriyakimoto<-->lotuspixie

Sent and Received
Sent
Received
Sending late with communication
Sending late no communication See me immediately!
feedback given
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009 04:36:13 PM by Lotuspixie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

A million people can call the mountains a fiction, yet it need not trouble you as you stand atop them
rainiable
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009 04:28:08 PM »

You're all going to be sooo jealous! Look what I got from VisualHierarchy!

Those scans are best I think, but here's a pic of them on my desk:

Yes, he DREW those! I have no idea how! And he didn't know this, but I absolutely love maps! I'm going to keep them close by when I start rereading. You can't see from the photos, but the detail is absolutely stunning! And this is all watercolor, right, VH? I love how the colors blend together on the page, and all of the details (the trees!) This is really awesome!
We were going to swap 1 large and 1 small, but neither of these is a small Smiley I hope mine hold up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PaleAngelLex
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009 05:43:16 PM »

Wow, those are amazing! I didn't get to see them before he sent them. I'm impressed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
Lotuspixie
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009 06:03:19 PM »

woah!  so incredibly awesome!  great job VH!  those are so wonderful
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A million people can call the mountains a fiction, yet it need not trouble you as you stand atop them
teriyakimoto
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009 07:58:29 PM »

Very cool!   Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
VisualHierarchy

Art is Science. Science is Love.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009 04:37:47 PM »

Thanks everyone, it was my pleasure rainable.  It is watercolor.  I decided that they both had to be the same size because it wouldn't make sense otherwise, so no worries on the sizing, I'm just glad that you'll be able to use them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visual Hierarchy: http://www.seanbodley.com
teriyakimoto
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009 08:51:01 PM »

I received from Lotuspixie over the weekend.  I was spoiled!  Here are the pics:

Extra cozy and warm Stark House Guard Hoodie.  Fits perfectly. :

Back

Front (excuse the bed head)

Knitting needle roll inspired by Daenerys Targaryen's silver hair,  Beautiful!:

inside

Jon Snow inspired insulated lunch bag and utensil holder. One side says Snow, the other says Crow.  I really needed a nice lunch bag!

Extra items (Daenerys' dragon eggs, Renly's peach, Lyanna's blue rose):

Thanks again, Lotuspixie!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shoeless sailor
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009 09:02:07 PM »

I'm really sorry for commenting when i'm not a part of your swap, but I just finished A Feast for Crows last night and felt like i had to  tell you how happy i am there is a group of fellow craftsters out there who love George R.R. Martin as much as I do.Sorry again for intruding.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PaleAngelLex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009 06:37:20 AM »

I love it!!!! That is the best hoodie ever. I'm also loving the needle holder. What did you make the eggs out of?

Oh, I don't mind you posting here as long as you take part in rd. 2 if there is one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
Lotuspixie
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009 07:56:01 AM »

so glad you like everything Cheesy
i had so much fun crafting for this swap--i may need to make myself a hoodie as well, and i now have an awesome pattern for insulated, water-proof lunch boxes.

(apologies on the snap not working on the utensil roll--by the time i got it hammered on, it didn't snap anymore, and i couldn't pry the thing off)

PaleAngel: i made the eggs from these wooden eggs i found at hobby lobby, and then just painted them.  i saw them months before this swap started, but immediately thought they were the perfect size for some mini dragon eggs
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nymeria

Captain of the S.S. Kill Beast Buffet

I do not like the cone of shame.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009 11:34:50 AM »

I received from Paleangellex today and let me say, I'm feelin' pretty damn loved right now! Like I seriously want to party with her, this box has that much uberness to it! Grin

(please excuse the cell phone pictures, my two-year old got hold of our digital camera battery charger and now we have no way to charge the battery! Sad)

The most awesome hat and arm warmers in Stark colors:

First off, I LOVE arm warmers but have never found a pair that is perfect. These definitely fit the bill. They are so snug but not too snug, perfectly warm and have awesome grey & button detailing. SO much love! The hat is also great; not so loose it falls off but not so tight it messes up your hair.

Awesome bag & patch:

The bag is my new official bookstore/library bag. I know she said embroidery was her specialty but wow. Amazing work! Love, love, love it! The Martel sunspear is just awesome.

But the really neat part about the bag is....:

Seriously. How cool is that??

Thank you SO much Paleangellex! I am in GRRM heaven right now! I only hope you like your box as much as I like mine. (Havin' some swap anxiety atm for sure!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For all things Black Library and WH 40k, check out my Examiner page!

Nerd girls of the world, unite!
PaleAngelLex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009 12:41:19 PM »

I'm glad you got it all! Did the card/explanation of stuff show up yet? Silly me, it was left out of the package and had to be mailed on its own.

If it makes you feel any better, I had swap anxiety before I sent. I'm just that sure I'm going to love your stuff. I'm so happy you like every thing and that it made it through all the snow. And, your cell phone takes great pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
Nymeria

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2009 12:56:58 PM »

I'm glad you got it all! Did the card/explanation of stuff show up yet? Silly me, it was left out of the package and had to be mailed on its own.

If it makes you feel any better, I had swap anxiety before I sent. I'm just that sure I'm going to love your stuff. I'm so happy you like every thing and that it made it through all the snow. And, your cell phone takes great pictures.

Honestly I'm looking at these pics thinking "Huh, those look better than our cell phone..." that's probably not a good thing, is it? Wink

The card has not yet arrived, but my guess is it'll be here tomorrow. I'm hoping you'll like mine!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lotuspixie
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009 01:04:07 PM »

I loooove the martell crest!  what great embroidery
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaleAngelLex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2009 01:07:28 PM »

The card has not yet arrived, but my guess is it'll be here tomorrow.

I still can't believe I forgot to put the card in. I was even thinking, don't forget the card. I'm really happy with the bag. It took the longest time to make, and I didn't have any clue how it would turn out. I made the pattern up as I went. I started with a panel off a brown paper bag, and then faked the rest. I was expecting it to be lopsided.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
Nymeria

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2009 01:33:26 PM »

I still can't believe I forgot to put the card in. I was even thinking, don't forget the card. I'm really happy with the bag. It took the longest time to make, and I didn't have any clue how it would turn out. I made the pattern up as I went. I started with a panel off a brown paper bag, and then faked the rest. I was expecting it to be lopsided.

Not that I can see! I love, love, love it!

I loooove the martell crest!  what great embroidery

Her skills are nothing short of awesome.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

VisualHierarchy

Art is Science. Science is Love.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2009 12:44:07 PM »

Sorry about the delay in posting imgs, there have been some camera troubles. I received these items a couple days ago and WOW.  I'm pretty pumped.  I've been worried about not having any ideas for a Halloween outfit and Rainiable's package saved my life.  The first was this set of bookmarks which I will definitely be using.  Once Martin announces the actual date for the next release I'm going to have to start the series over again and these will be prime!

Better yet is this wonderful cape that she made.  Its perfect!  Its heavy, well crafted, warm, and comfortable (the material is super soft).  We keep our heat on pretty low at my place so this is going to be great for the cold.  After all winter is coming Wink.  The photo quality isn't the best, but here goes:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visual Hierarchy: http://www.seanbodley.com
PaleAngelLex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2009 06:48:34 PM »

oooo, it's a Jamie! Good luck keeping the girls off of you. Just stay away from your sisters :p

That's a beautiful cape by the way. Great job rainable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
Staar84
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2009 06:26:05 AM »

Just stalking...but holy crap what an AMAZING swap! I'm seriously jealous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist

Hi, my name is Erin and I'm addicted to swapping...

International Snack Swap
Star Trek V
One Tiny Monster Swap
rainiable
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2009 08:05:15 AM »

I'm glad you liked it, VH! And all these other swap items are amazing - I hope everyone else receives soon, so we can see more pics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lotuspixie
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2009 04:09:55 PM »

Rainiable, that cloak is beautiful!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lotuspixie
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2009 04:13:16 PM »

oh man oh man oh man!

i am totally geeking out right now Smiley

i just got my package from teriyakimoto, and it's incredible!!!!!!
partner, i can't thank you enough, everything is perfect, and so beautiful!

first up, Jaime is one of my favorite characters--he's this beautiful, broken man that i just want to save.  so she made me a necklace of Jaime's sword hand in lannister crimson:

the tyrell's also have a special place in my heart--they're very clever, and so very very pretty.  she made me a loras tyrell knight of flowers bracelet:

as a scientist, i especially like the maester's order, and here's a maester's chain.  (this is my favorite of the jewelry pieces!):

and for dany-related crafts, here is a baby dragon teeth necklace and earrings with Khal Drogo's bells

Lyanna Stark is one of my favorite characters that we know little about, and here are 2 lyanna-themed itmers: AMAZING wrist warmers in winter rose blue, and a very pretty knitted pouch in Stark grey:

My most favorite character of all is Sansa, and I specifically requested a Sansa-related craft.  (i know most folks kind of hate her, but to me she seems one of the most realistic characters, and her story has always fascinated me). My partner made me Sansa's hair net (complete with poison jewels) and a charm bracelet full of pretty, whimsical items Sansa would have loved:

(also present in this pic is a vial of maester cressen's poison crystals)

And last, but certainly not least, is a direwolf hat!  dark like Shaggydog!  i'm still wearing this around the house!   Grin

and here's all the loot together:

I repeat myself, but you sent and absolutely amazing, beautiful package, teriyaki!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaleAngelLex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2009 05:01:56 PM »

Wow, that's a haul and a half!
I love the Maester chain, that's the coolest thing ever. That hair net is also wonderful.
I guess that just leaves me now. Can't wait!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
teriyakimoto
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2009 06:21:15 AM »

Yay!  I'm so glad you liked everything.  I think I'm going to make a Jaime hand necklace and maester chain for myself, because I thought about keeping those.  Wink

I don't ever want to knit another hairnet like that though.  It was infuriating! 

Even though this swap is small, I'm really enjoying all of the creativity I'm seeing in this gallery.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DizzerSpinninRound

Homeschoolin mama of 5 little cowboys

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2009 06:45:05 AM »

I've been lurking through this gallery and am loving everything so far! Maybe I will be able to join in on the next round. Right now, I'm in the first book of the series and absolutely love it!

That cloak is amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nymeria

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2009 08:13:58 AM »

According to my DC#-Spidey-senses, you should receive today, PaleAngelLex
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mombat
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2009 08:45:00 AM »

Dire wolf hat, very cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PaleAngelLex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2009 03:51:34 PM »

I got my stuff today, just like you sensed! I have no batteries though. I'll take pictures when I get home. Today's my birthday, so you had great timing. I'm going out to dinner, but will update this post with pictures when I get back.

OH, I love everything, I'm so glad you made what you did, because I haven't a clue how to do that for myself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
Lotuspixie
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2009 06:44:20 PM »

happy birthday! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nymeria

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2009 07:21:58 PM »

Happy Birthday!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lotuspixie
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2009 09:31:16 PM »

alright, everyone should have received feedback by now.  let me know if you haven't.  thanks for a wonderful swap!  (and paleangel--post pics!) 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaleAngelLex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2009 03:40:08 PM »

Finally, pictures!!

Nym did an awesome job on her package. I'm really happy that you made what you're best at. Soaps are something I can't make.

There are four bars here, three of them are named after my favorite houses, and their mottoes. There's Growing strong, it smells like flowers, We Do Not Sew, it smells wonderful like the ocean, and Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken which is my favorite. The Martell soap is green and orange and smells like citrus and spice. That's not really the right way to say it, but I'm not sure how. It's just perfect.

You can see the color better here. I'm not sure what the fourth one is, it wasn't wrapped or labeled, but I'm using that one in the shower now.

Here's some wonderful Dragon Rider's hand cream and the Wall lip balm. I always want hand cream, and never buy any. It smells really nice, like herbs. I hate flowery stuff all over my hands, so this is perfect. I haven't tried the lip stuff yet, but always buy some for the winter. Now I don't need to.

This necklace is very cool. She ran with my love of ravens, and put a nice quote on it from one of Bran's chapters. I could not get a good picture, but the quotation is, "'The answer is flying, not crying How hard can it be?' 'You have wings,' Bran pointed out. 'Maybe you do too.'"

This is a huge jar of bath salts! It's based on the Reeds, and smells so nice. There's also a Stark mirror. I've never done mirror etching before. I just have to find somewhere to put it now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
h_pets360
crankypants extrodinaire

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2009 04:17:01 PM »

Holy khaki pants.  I can't believe I missed this swap.

The Direwolf Hat, awesome.  The Winter is Coming Hoody, covetable.  The Jaime Hand Necklace?  I will steal that if you stay at my house.  You have been warned.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miyoko79: I think "be proud, young craftster blood" should be your new siggie

I've got a new blog!  Tell me how to make it better!

Support the <a href="http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php">craftster way of life!</a>
Lotuspixie
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2009 05:36:42 PM »

what a cool package.  i love the dragon rider hand cream (i can imagine you'd get really chapped hands riding a dragon--all that wind, not to mention the heat)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teriyakimoto
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2009 07:21:07 PM »

Soap and hand creme are always useful.  I bet they smell great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Potholders!
Tute Tuesday: Clothespin Frame
Say "Cheese(burger)!"

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...