A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 314,674
Currently Running With Scissors:
271 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Visitor 11 Winter Galleries !!!  (Read 24739 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

ckchan
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2010 03:21:27 PM »

I can definitely do a round 12 if you guys are interested.  

I wouldn't mind stepping down if someone really wants to organize it or co-organize it.  

I received from Wildfyre yesterday and he looked like he had a great time!!

Here are his souvenirs:

Here's some reading materials of his travels:

Here's some really cool scrapbook pages:

Here's some postcards and extra pictures:

Lastly, Ranger Rick!!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010 03:27:17 PM by ckchan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. "

I'm a roller derby girl! 

Wists: http://www.wists.com/ckchan
My New Blog!!: http://bobango.blogspot.com
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2010 04:22:12 PM »

I love ranger rick!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

heath_face
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2010 05:54:24 PM »

I updated my mini-gallery with Icebox and all his goodies! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2010 06:31:24 PM »

I updated my mini-gallery with Icebox and all his goodies! Cheesy

Looks like he had a lot of fun at Disney! I know that i'm jealous.

And Iceburg is such a cute little bear!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

heath_face
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2010 03:52:49 PM »

I'm so glad you liked everything Alisha! Winnie wore that bracelet as a necklace on Christmas, but I'm so glad you like it too! I meant to put one pair of those earrings in her ears, but I couldn't manage to get them through. I'm glad I sent them anyway!

I loooove everything of mine too! Cheesy I will definitely be taking more pictures as soon as I get out of this funk school has put me in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2010 01:28:09 PM »

Max has arrived home safely with lots and lots to tell me!  His hosts showed him a grand time over there in Australia, but he does keep using slang I'm not familiar with -- like the other day he asked me if I wanted some tucker?  and there's "cobber", "Fair Dinkum", and "Prang" to figure out!  But look at his loot!

Here he is with his trinkets:  pins, key chain, incense and incense burner, Aussie socks, a birdie pendant, and expandable towel!  Sure wish I had picked up one of these expandable towels for Orty -- had one in my hand one day!  Max says he is going to share these things with me when he has survived his jetlag.

He has been generous with the furry friends chocolate and the macadamia nuts (forgot to photograph -- too busy munching them to remember they were part of the package!)  He brought home two children's books and one of them has characters that are knittable!  And he brought home the patterns!!!!!  Woop woop!!!

While we are on the edibles, we have some red gum honey (yum!), Vegemite (shared it with friends!), along with non-edible Emu Oil cream (soft hands - wow!) and Lucas' Pawpaw ointment.  I had an owie on the inside of my thumb and used some of this ointment along with a band aide and had an overnight cure!  The Aussie flag underneath these items is actually an apron, and the visitor guide is full of great restaurant recommendations.  Too bad they are all the way across the planet!  Cheesy

Max and his host family collected brochures, maps and souvenirs in this neato notebook -- wish I had thought of this!  

Here is a beautiful drawing by spectrumsparksie of Golden Wattle, the national flower of Australia!  There were two beautiful botanical notecards professionally drawn and printed by a friend of SS's mum!  These are awesome.

Max's scrapbook is a delight!

(in the bottom right picture, Max is visiting a Cassowary -- very dangerous bird with a boney protuberance on his head -- the caption reads "Do I look cassoworried?"  I love word play!)  This bird looks like a dinosaur to me!

Slang:

His beach venture!

Thanks so much, spectrumsparksie for a great package!  If I've left anything out, please accept my apologies!  You are a wonderful swap partner!

« Last Edit: February 22, 2010 04:46:24 PM by A2K » THIS ROCKS   Logged

beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2010 02:10:17 PM »

Max has done more Aussie things than I have and i've lived in OZ my whole life!! Amazing scrapbook! I just love that tent!!

I just noticed the Lincraft books! I saw them the other day and bought them for my friends in the States Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KiwiDragons
Get it together!

Stacked Sheep. :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2010 06:23:04 PM »

When I came home for lunch today I saw that I had a package waiting for me and it was Zazie returning home from her visit with Slingmomma. Here are some photos of the awesome goodies she brought home with her.

The whole kit n caboodle (is that right?).

Zazie's host "grandma" made the stocking her host "aunt" made the dishcloth. The soaps come from a farmer's market and there is some yummy candy and candles.

Host "mom" made this pin for selling at a craft show! It's so cool, but it's hard to tell due to my "stellar" photography.

The scrapbook is something else! It really is a scrap book, made from fabric! There are some really cool embellishments too.

The last page of the scrapbook not only has an adorable kitty on it, but a cute pocket with all the descriptions of the pictures in it.

Thank you so much again!! It looks like Zazie had a fabulous time with you and honestly, I think she's a little bummed to be home.

OH - P.S. Not pictured is a bottle of maple syrup! YUMMMMMM!!! Thank you thank you thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists

Little Visitor Adventures
Charlie in MO
Zazie in Canada
Slingmomma
Crafty Esthetician!

Accessory hoarder.... scarves beware!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2010 07:16:19 PM »

Yay!! Your pictures rock! And as you know, I recieved Mr. Charlie Buttons today as well! My batteries are charging so I will get the pictures posted tomorrow! He was spoiled rotten!!

Co-organizer note:

I will be going through my PM's in the morning and updating feedback for me group. If you haven't heard from your partner PLEASE let me know. I know of one so far and am looking into it, also if you are sending late and haven't PM'd me or ckchan please do so, so we can update our lists!!! Thanks everyone! The pictures and scrapbooks look awesome!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A Spinners Magic Yarn ball! Join us!
Fat Quarter swap-almost done craft for sloth003 Cheesy
IYP 17-deadbathducky waiting still to receive!
Sew/Yarn v's Paper-got my partners!
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2010 07:28:25 PM »

slingmomma - that fabric scrapbook is so awesome! I shotgun you for a partner next round Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
October 17, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Magic Wands
Halloween Houses (Haunted, of course!)

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...