A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,563
Currently Running With Scissors:
127 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Who is on your "To Sew For" Christmas list?  (Read 5133 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
iowntoomanyshoes
Major fabric hoarder

View Profile WWW
« on: October 17, 2009 05:43:14 PM »

Sad, but true I am making my list and checking it twice already. This year I am sewing a majority of Christmas presents and I am actually merry about it. Here is my list and I would love to hear what is on yours. Maybe we swap ideas and support each other when it is Christmas Eve and we still have gifts to finish  Grin

Nephews on my DH's side - Either bean bags with the spelling of each letter on a different bean bag (5 nephews = 24 bean bags) -or- a road map so they can play "cars" on the floor. Here is a link of the idea behind the playmat...

http://www.mileskimball.com/MilesKimball/Shopping/ProductDetail.aspx?CID=Children&SCID=Toys&CollectionID=DC0001431&SourceCode=10509000001&mr:trackingCode=301075E3-DD81-DE11-B7F3-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA

My MIL - She is antique dealer with my FIL and she asked my opinion on sewing a travel bag for when she goes on the road hunting antiques. Still in the process of sketching. She wants a lot of pockets and zippers. That should be fun  Undecided Maybe I won't holly jolly with that project.

My SILs, 2 of them - I am making each of them a tote, more like a diaper bag, but revamping to be a mommy bag. More pockets and a clip for keys.

For one of my aunts - A shabby chic inspired quilt. Her house is a bungalow near the Atlantic and she loves shabby chic!!

That is all so far. I Have a ton more family to get gifts for and I am just getting started with my list. Better get sewing!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sew like you have never sewn before!!!!!
Amber81
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009 06:29:31 PM »

I'm sewing reversible tote bags with matching snap wallets for my mother in law, sister in law and best friend.  I am a total noob at sewing and I need all of te practice I can get.  I picked out some really cute Amy Butler fabrics and I'm really excited.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cheyenneswthrt07
I cann't quiet the creative monkey in my head!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009 12:02:29 AM »

For the kids, I want to do Max wolf PJ's. 

My MIL I wanted to do a throw in her fav colors but I think she ditched the couch she wanted something like that for, may still do it anyways.

My mother and dad, I bounce around on daily, still up in the air.

Hubby, I'm still working on his b.d gift that was for March of this year, need we really go there......... Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cooleyswife
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009 09:40:32 AM »

My mom asked for an apron the other day when she was here.
She thought I'd made the one hanging in the kitchen... no, Bought it at ikea, LOL!
So, I'll make her one for Christmas
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009 06:40:23 PM »

I'm making at least 3 rag quilts. A dinosuar for my boyfriend's nephew and a caterpillar for his neice and a purple turtle for my sister. I still have 2 sets of parents, grandparents, 1 aunt and his sister and brother inlaw. Any ideas for parents?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

danellsm
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009 07:43:49 PM »

Everyone!
Every year we tell each other that we're doing a completely 'hand made' Christmas... and every year we get a little closer to making it a reality!
So this year, everyone will be getting hand made stuff. Of course, our kids WILL get some toys and books, but they'll also get PJs, underwear and wool longies from me. Smiley  But the in-laws and my family will get hand made stuff. Even my husband is getting boxers. LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dewberry89
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009 06:10:04 PM »

My MIL is getting an apron in her favourite colour (she doesnt have one and always comes out covered in flour when baking Cheesy ) embriodered with her initial

My Nan and gran (mothers side/fathers side) im making some smelly sachets... I can't remember if they have a proper name Cheesy sewn squares stuffed with a little stuffing, pot pourri with some fragrance oils. I was thinking some lilac coloured lavendar ones and some lighter coloured ones with a fresh fragrance like orange and lemon

I'm also knitting scarves that will get distributed round Cheesy
and I have a pattern for some knitted felted slippers that I was thinking for my Nan/gran or MIL (they're the same age..... don't ask Cheesy)

I was thinking about some sort of key hanger for my mum (loses her keys atleast once a day) with a cross stitched background, but haven't figured out how I could do that yet. I'd probably have to use some wood to attach the hooks to. anyone any ideas?

My other half loves warhammer so im in the middle of crocheting a squiggy
http://www.warhammergeek.com/wp-content/gallery/wargeek-wallpaper/mot_squig.jpg thats what they look like, incase anyones curious. i'm going to have to simplify the features, but its doable Cheesy going to crochet around some pipe cleaners to make the legs poseable and hopefully he should stand up
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mousch
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009 01:12:07 PM »

My mom, stepmom and best friend are getting phoebe bags. It's tough not to link my mom pictures of the phoebe bags that I have already made because I want it to be a huge surprise! My stepdad is getting a BBQ apron, and I am hoping I find a Sask Roughriders fabric to incorporate into that.

I also have to sew something for my bf but I just don't know what to make for him or my dad. Argh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tailte
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009 11:27:03 PM »

I'm making a corset for my best friend. And I want to make my dad a waistcoat and tie.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog:
http://overaway.blogspot.com
It's about art, craft and other miscellaneous occurrences.

My cooking blog: http://meri-somethingsweet.blogspot.com
Giddiup222
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009 11:24:14 PM »

I too am wanting to hand make all the presents this year as many of you had said.
Here is some ideas iv'e thought of. I know I'm not going to do all this. I shouldv'e started months ago.
I have a HUGE family. So I may not make everyones but this is what I have so far....
MIL -- reading pillow
FIL- Apron
SIL- (is 6) tooth fairy pillow
1 BIL- stencil t -shirt
Mom- a jewelry safe hanger with initials monogrammed and maybe an apron too
Dad- lounge pants and stencil shirt
stepmom- embroidered pillow
1 sister- quilt
neices - rag quilts
nephew- stencil shirt
hubby- pagama pants and some shirts embroidered with sports something
1 sister - skirt or apron
1 sister- cute girly apron
1 BIL- fleece blanket with embroidery

Wow. It's kind of overwhelming putting it all infront of me like that  Undecided
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009 09:21:33 PM by Giddiup222 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Shea Butter Sugar Scrub
Fancy a Cuppa?
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...